Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC boss no longer keen on St. Pierre-Silva super-fight

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
wow why are so many people against this fight, these are two of the best p4p fighters and while gsp is still climbing the ranks anderson is ready for it to be over let them fight before it is too late...

I understand the size difference as a factor but if they can both make 185 whats the big deal, pride fighters would always be fighting guys in different weight classes.

I know anderson looked absolutly un beatable against forrest but the last time anderson faced a great wrestler he spent a round on his back (hendo fight) and GSP has some of the best wrestling in the game im not saying gsp will win or anything but i would bet anything that gsp will put up a better showing then griffin

I want to see the best fighter fight the best fighters.

Post #16   8/28/09 8:09:11PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

I think GSP would easily decision Anderson via Takedowns/Lay n Pray

GSP is the farthest thing from lay n pray , he is as active as you get .

Ever wonder why you have 47 % picks?

Post #17   8/28/09 8:11:47PM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
I dn't care to see this fight ethier, but Pierre is a dog woould never count him out. I'd be more interested in seeing Anthony Johnson fight Pierre and then Silva. I think Rumble will be the next WW champ, the dude is just a freak and a big guy as well. And then a fight with Silva would be freakin insane, who cares who would win because that fight would just be so explosive and crazy. The year of the Rumble is about to start

Post #18   8/28/09 8:13:08PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Posted by MMA-San

I think GSP would easily decision Anderson via Takedowns/Lay n Pray

GSP is the farthest thing from lay n pray , he is as active as you get .

Ever wonder why you have 47 % picks?

I didn't say he was lay in pray. I know he is not. I just said that I think he could easily defeat Anderson Silva by taking that Strategy. I think if he is too active with his ground n pound/top submission game, then he'll may be caught with a submission himself, or some bottom elbows, or in a scramble that allows Anderson back on his feet.

If I were GSP, knowing I can take him down at ease, would just Lay N Pray him. Its strategic.

Post #19   8/28/09 11:34:28PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2