Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Emelianenko: I Have Nothing to Prove Against Brett Rogers

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Strikeforce announced on Wednesday that Fedor Emelianenko will make his debut for the organization later this fall against Brett Rogers. Of all the possible bouts available for Emelianenko, this appears to be the one the fans wanted to see most.

FanHouse spoke to Emelianenko at the public workout in New York City about fighting Rogers and his thoughts on whether he is truly dodging the top heavyweights in the UFC. Check out the full video interview below.

STORY

Post #1   8/27/09 8:45:54AM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
IMO he has more to lose NOT signing with UFC... If either Rogers/Overeem/Werdum beat him, Besides Brett, My god the internet flames!! P4P would drop quicker than anything aswell. The only thing that keeps him there is a win streak, WHEN thats tarnished, Fedor will be worse off than if both Brock and Randy beat him...

I honestly hope to Satan that Brett Rogers has the fight of his life and beats Fedor, And then comes to the UFC! Imagine that peoples!!

Post #2   8/27/09 9:20:14AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,270-1,339
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I actually am gonna go with Rogers. Eventually Fedor has to lose. He got beaten down by Arlovski and landed a well timed punch that ended the fight but I mean Arlovski took it to him and Arlovski got KTFO quick by Rogers. I know this sort of logic never matters but I think this time it will. Rogers by TKO in the 1st. Plus, Fedor DOES have something to prove in this fight as his last fight he got lucky.

Post #3   8/27/09 10:46:52AM   

fizzle

Standup Guy

fizzle Avatar

Career:181-103
Chips:
Yeah Fedor doesn't have anything to prove, unless he loses. Then he is going to have quite a bit to prove.

Post #4   8/27/09 11:43:10AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,035-1,142
Chips:
To Fedor: If you feel you have nothing to prove vs Rogers... chances are you will feel the same way about any other strikeforce opponent that will be given to you. Sign with the UFC already!

Post #5   8/27/09 12:20:08PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

I actually am gonna go with Rogers. Eventually Fedor has to lose. He got beaten down by Arlovski and landed a well timed punch that ended the fight but I mean Arlovski took it to him and Arlovski got KTFO quick by Rogers. I know this sort of logic never matters but I think this time it will. Rogers by TKO in the 1st. Plus, Fedor DOES have something to prove in this fight as his last fight he got lucky.

Post #6   8/27/09 12:55:04PM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,301-868
Chips:
Did anyone listen to the interview?

He never said anything about having nothing to prove against Rogers specifically - he was talking holistically about that he doesn't feel he has anything to prove when he steps in the cage in general...

Post #7   8/27/09 1:12:06PM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,124-1,304
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Post #8   8/27/09 1:55:10PM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:
"Of all the possible bouts available for Emelianenko, this appears to be the one the fans wanted to see most. "

Post #9   8/27/09 2:40:11PM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:

Posted by backalley101

Posted by Wallass

Ha, thats the way to do it. Put his dignity where his mouth is.

Post #10   8/27/09 2:41:35PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,596
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

People exaggerate the Arlovski-Fedor fight way too much. Arlovski was winning, but people act like he was mere moments away from victory before Fedor separated him from his senses.

Post #11   8/27/09 3:34:48PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,237-808
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

not lucky

Post #12   8/27/09 4:16:10PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
wow..the rhetoric is crazy. Fedor beat everyone who was anyone for years. The fact that he hasn't signed with the UFC has EVERYTHING to do with business and nothing to do with fighting. Maybe it's a good business decision...maybe not. Business is always a gamble. He walks away with a 1 million per fight for 3 fights and at the end of it---IF HE WINS (which is how FIGHTING ALWAYS IS) he'll get better at the UFC. That's 3 million on your terms and 5 million on someone else's terms....

But it's a gamble...of course, he could sign to the uFC, fight and lose and he would be in a worse predicament. EVERYTHING IS ABOUT Winning. So, the argument that "IF" he loses he loses everything BECAUSE of strikeforce is borderline retarded.

Post #13   8/27/09 8:06:17PM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Career:317-197
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
what he does need to prove is if he is even a top heavyweight anymore, and you can't do that against bret rogers or in strickforce.

even if he does win this fight he should be dropped in the rankings to at least 2nd or third.

Post #14   8/28/09 12:11:15AM   

Shadymlm

MMA Regular

Shadymlm Avatar

Career:27-16
Chips:
GARBAGE!!! It isn't that he has nothing to prove it's more like what does beating Rogers prove.. N O T H I N G ! You know what I think I'm gonna go buy a can crusher and call it Fedor

Post #15   8/28/09 4:15:23AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2