Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

M-1 Global announces complete card for "Breakthrough," HDNet live broadcast plans

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The much-maligned "M-1 Global Presents Breakthrough" card was finalized today, and HDNet officially announced the evening's live broadcast plans.

Despite suffering through a a relocation of the event and the loss of an original main-event competitor, "Breakthrough" takes place Aug. 28 at Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kan., and airs live on HDNet at 10 p.m. ET (9 p.m. local time).

STORY

Post #1   8/26/09 8:17:55AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,342-746
Chips:
What a joke a exhibition sparring match on your main card and it looks like it is the co-main event. Junkie makes it sound like relocation was just once but they had to change it over 4 times. This card is just sad at best and I have seen better cards at small time shows.

Post #2   8/26/09 4:02:54PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by telnights

What a joke a exhibition sparring match on your main card and it looks like it is the co-main event. Junkie makes it sound like relocation was just once but they had to change it over 4 times. This card is just sad at best and I have seen better cards at small time shows.

It's not a bad idea to have him do an exhibition against Mousasi considering Mousasi's recent destruction of a potentially top 10 opponent. It will familiarize him with the fans.

I do agree that it is not main card material, but Strikeforce has to do something. UFC is clearly a better product, but I'm all for other orgs doing what they can to try and compete.

Post #3   8/26/09 5:19:29PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by telnights

It's not a bad idea to have him do an exhibition against Mousasi considering Mousasi's recent destruction of a potentially top 10 opponent. It will familiarize him with the fans.

I do agree that it is not main card material, but Strikeforce has to do something. UFC is clearly a better product, but I'm all for other orgs doing what they can to try and compete.

I don't think Stirkeforce has anything to do with it.

Post #4   8/26/09 6:00:43PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,342-746
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I don't disagree but it shouldn't be on the main card or be the co-main event. Its not only disrespectful to the fighters that are really fighting but also comes off as almost desperate.

Post #5   8/26/09 8:26:17PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by telnights

I don't think Stirkeforce has anything to do with it.

I meant M-1. Aren't they one and the same now anyways?

Post #6   8/26/09 9:20:23PM