Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Carwin ready for Lesnar challenge

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
No one was more surprised than Shane Carwin to learn that his bout with Cain Velasquez was being scrapped in favor of an immediate title shot against UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar at UFC 106 in November.

"My manager called late, which is never a good sign," Carwin said. "He told me the news and I was shocked. I was half asleep when I got the call but I was excited and in shock all at the same time. I woke up my wife and I think she thought I was just messing around with her."

STORY

Post #1   8/24/09 1:43:44PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,762-939
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
gotta love carwin, the guy is all class

hope he beats lesnar down

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #2   8/24/09 5:51:24PM   

quball

Learning to Sprawl

quball Avatar

Career:290-150
Chips:
I don't see this fight going more then 2 rounds either way

Post #3   8/24/09 6:48:10PM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
This fight may not go more than two punches. Whoever gets hit with the other ones lunch box fists is going out. War Carwin!

Post #4   8/24/09 7:02:13PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,496-1,195
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
Gotta love them Engineers.

Post #5   8/24/09 7:03:01PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
No he's not.

Post #6   8/24/09 8:33:17PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Carwin should win this fight stylistically.

I really doubt Lesnar is going to be able to keep Carwin down on the mat without using hooks to take carwins back.

And on the feet Carwin has a distinct advantage, niether fighter is sound defensively, but Carwins power is much likelier to find its mark.

I think Lesnar has to make this a dogfight, but even then his bulkier build is going to cause him to get tired quicker than Carwin, unless Shanes inexperience causes him to psych himself out beforehand.

Carwin is the smart pick here IMO, and is an awesome bet as he is sure to be the underdog.

Post #7   8/24/09 9:00:18PM   

5ilvia1

Learning to Sprawl

5ilvia1 Avatar

Career:127-83
Chips:
if Brock comes out swingin like a bat outta hell like he always does and doesnt give Carwin a chance to find his distance then its gonna be a short fight. Both are powerful guys but theres absolutely no hesitation with Brock. Hopefully Carwin picks him apart and puts up a good fight!

Post #8   8/24/09 11:11:45PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Carwin should win this fight stylistically.

I really doubt Lesnar is going to be able to keep Carwin down on the mat without using hooks to take carwins back.

And on the feet Carwin has a distinct advantage, niether fighter is sound defensively, but Carwins power is much likelier to find its mark.

I think Lesnar has to make this a dogfight, but even then his bulkier build is going to cause him to get tired quicker than Carwin, unless Shanes inexperience causes him to psych himself out beforehand.

Carwin is the smart pick here IMO, and is an awesome bet as he is sure to be the underdog.

i actually think the opposite is going to happen.well atleast regarding who gets tired quicker.

i see carwin getting tired faster only because hes not naturally as big as lesnar.
lesnar is just big like that because he is an athlete.carwin looks more like a weight lifter.not saying he is just think he'll gas faster.

also lesnars reach is going to give carwin problems to.against couture lesnar was throwing that jab out pretty effectively.and i know as soon as carwin tries to come inside with a haymaker lesnar is surely going to take him down.

Post #9   8/25/09 12:54:02AM