Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang to headline UFC 105 (MMABay)

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Man, I totaly get what your saying and at least half agree....from the perspective of wanting to see fighters challenged you are right. Move GSP up and fight a mid tier guy (Bisping is a good pic) the prob is that it puts the rest of the WW div on hold, then what are the guys in that div fighting for....I don't mind when it's at this point with GSP and Silva. The guys in their divs need to prove worthy of that title shot. However with BJ Penn it was just ridiculous....he put his div on a major hold to lose yet again to a WW. Sorry but BJ hasn't done well against anyone outside of the LW Div since like 5 years ago....I hate when it's a year or more to see a title defense. That is just what happened too....BJ defeated Sherk in May 08..and because he wanted GSP he did not defend his title until Aug 09....over a year, now that's bs!

Post #16   8/22/09 4:25:50PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I cac't see Bisp[ing having any chance against GSP personally, but think a fight with Kang is a pickem, so I like it. Beter fight against Kang IMO.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #17   8/23/09 1:21:57AM   

hendo_warwagon

Learning to Sprawl

hendo_warwagon Avatar

Career:593-441
Chips:
Denis Kang via submission

Post #18   8/24/09 11:58:53AM   

Falcons84

Learning to Sprawl

Falcons84 Avatar

Career:487-300
Camp: MMAHQ
Chips:
It says here it looks like it will be the co main event:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16002/michael-bisping-vs-denis-kang-probably-set-for-ufc-105-co-main-event-in-england.mma

Post #19   8/28/09 9:46:10PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2