Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang to headline UFC 105 (MMABay)

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,477-767
Chips:
MMABay can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that the main event at UFC 105 on November 14th in Manchester, England will be contested by Wolfslair MMA Academy star, Michael “The Count” Bisping and Canadian sensation, Denis Kang.

A source in Canada, the country where Kang is currently based, told MMABay that the bout has been agreed to by both parties and the UFC are set to swiftly issue bout agreements in the coming days.

Bisping, “The Ultimate Fighter” winner turned coach, was within touching distance of a title shot before Dan Henderson’s heavy right hand derailed his plans at UFC 100 last month. He will now look to get his title hopes back on track in his own back yard of Manchester, a stone’s throw from his training camp.

link

Post #1   8/21/09 11:04:33AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Just a note...MMABay doesn't have the greatest reputation. Don't get your hopes up (if you're excited for this fight for some reason) until it's verified/confirmed by a reputable source.

Post #2   8/21/09 11:11:16AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Just a note...MMABay doesn't have the greatest reputation. Don't get your hopes up (if you're excited for this fight for some reason) until it's verified/confirmed by a reputable source.

I agree. Sounds like rumor-mongering to me. Props to mentalcase for not putting this in the news section.

That said, I like the idea of this matchup (I'm not sure it's Main Event material, though).

Post #3   8/21/09 11:13:54AM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
Don't get me wrong...This is a great match-up and As of right now I can see this fight going either way with an early advantage to Kang.

But a MAIN EVENT? Puh-leeze....THe only title fights they currently have scheduled are the HW and LHW, they could easily throw SIlva/Hendo on there to make it a legit card. I feel jipped when the UFC tries to pass a Bisping bout off as a main event like they did at UFC 78 and 89. Plus, even though Bisping is from the UK, I bet the English fans would rather see a legit main event after seeing Bisping/Leben and Sanchez/Stevenson as the last 2 England Main events.

Now, the source IS mmabay, so i take it with a grain of salt, but if this IS the main event of ufc 105, I'll be irritated.

Oh well, at least it's free on spike. but still, they can do better than this.

Post #4   8/21/09 11:14:55AM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:
Headline? oh no no no! i would rather see someone like Palahres fight MB at the very least.

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #5   8/21/09 11:18:25AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by ChokeUout

Oh well, at least it's free on spike.

Is it? In that case, I think a headliner of this caliber is great.

Post #6   8/21/09 11:20:59AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
This is Dennis Khangs to win and show the world he's still a top 5 middleweight. He definitely has all the tools to make Bisping look terrible. But its also a good fight for Bisping to comeback on since Khang was once one of the most dangerous well known middleweights in the world whose lost his way in his last few fights so I love this match up. I hope Dennis Khang can comeback to his previous self in PRIDE and trash Bisping.

I got Khang split decision since its in England I think.

Post #7   8/21/09 12:10:35PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Of course Bisping will be in the main event if at all possible since it is in England. It's him or Dan Hardy, who certainly is worthy of a main event spot himself although he's not as big in UFC yet. And it would be Bisping and not Liu Kang taking the SD.
As usual with MMABay, I'll believe it if/when I hear from more reliable (and less biased) sources.

Post #8   8/21/09 12:18:40PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I like this matchup for Kang.

Post #9   8/21/09 1:53:36PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
kang is going to fight at 170 next .

Post #10   8/21/09 3:07:11PM   

kerryweb

MMA Regular

kerryweb Avatar

Career:386-257
Camp: Combat Cardboard
Chips:
Don't trust MMABay all that much, but I heard this rumor too.

Might be a good matchup for Bisping after that brutal KO. We'll see if it happens...

Post #11   8/21/09 4:01:19PM   

1daveufc

Standup Guy

1daveufc Avatar

Career:612-433
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by ChokeUout

Don't get me wrong...This is a great match-up and As of right now I can see this fight going either way with an early advantage to Kang.

But a MAIN EVENT? Puh-leeze....THe only title fights they currently have scheduled are the HW and LHW, they could easily throw SIlva/Hendo on there to make it a legit card. I feel jipped when the UFC tries to pass a Bisping bout off as a main event like they did at UFC 78 and 89. Plus, even though Bisping is from the UK, I bet the English fans would rather see a legit main event after seeing Bisping/Leben and Sanchez/Stevenson as the last 2 England Main events.

Now, the source IS mmabay, so i take it with a grain of salt, but if this IS the main event of ufc 105, I'll be irritated.

Oh well, at least it's free on spike. but still, they can do better than this.

I agree. headline please dont make me laugh am hopefully going to 105 and if this was the main event i will be pissed.

Post #12   8/21/09 4:54:23PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
it will be co main event

Post #13   8/21/09 7:21:19PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If it's a co-main event or if it's a free main event then cool, if not then I don't understand, the match up is good though. They certainly should fight each other as neither has lived up to the "expectations" that the UFC dealt them. I think Kang had a much better chance at beating Belcher then Bisping had at beating Hendo. Regardless they are both at the right spot in their careers to have a possibly great fight.

Post #14   8/21/09 7:43:06PM   

Shadymlm

MMA Regular

Shadymlm Avatar

Career:27-16
Chips:
I posted this on an earlier thread and I'll do it again, not trolling but just think it should be out there....

I don't think Bisping should face Kang. I think GSP should grow a pair and move up to MW and fight Bisping. It would draw ratings and be a good test for GSP and Bisping. Anyone who says they wouldn't wanna see that is out of their mind!!! IMO. Silva has moved up and has been successful and so did BJ against Hughes, and both came back down when there was a legitimate fight for them in their respective weight classes. Right now there's nothing for GSP at WW Swick or Kampman?!?!? Are you serious?!!? Rush would do exactly that, and Rush right through them! We all witnessed the beat down that GSP put on Alves who is considered the biggest and strongest WW and Kampman used to fight at MW so if GSP can take them so easily why not test the waters? If he loses he can just do what BJ did after losing to him, come back down defend your title by crushing the #1 contender.

PS sorry for the rant been drinking

Post #15   8/22/09 6:15:27AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2