Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Atlanta Braves to honor new WEC champ and Athens resident Brian Bowles on August 25th

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Major League Baseball's Atlanta Braves will honor recently crowned WEC bantamweight champion Brian Bowles next week during their game with the San Diego Padres, the WEC today announced.

Bowles, a Braves fans and native of Athens, Ga., recently dethroned the seemingly indestructible Miguel Torres to win the title at WEC 42.

Bowles, who will start the Aug. 25 game with "play ball!" duties, will also be at Turner Field to meet with fans.

Link

Post #1   8/19/09 8:09:15PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Being not only an Atlanta Braves fan but a fan of baseball, I am sometimes superstitious. Torres threw out the first pitch at a White Sox game recently...and Buehrle threw a perfect game. Not saying it will happen again but....

Post #2   8/19/09 8:15:33PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Nice! now I have another reason to go to this one.

Jurrjens is the projected so we'll see, or might be Hudson's comeback with a perfect

Anyways, I'm not happy with the awesome performance of Cliff Lee since he Joined the Phils.

Good for Bowles! Hope the bring a WEC to ATL.

Edit,BTW: AxeMurd. are you coming to Athens on Oct. 3 to see your LSU Kitties lose the second in a row vs. the Dawgs?

Last edited 8/20/09 1:55AM server time by Ordep
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   8/20/09 1:51:59AM