Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Brandon Vera: No More Talking, No More Questioning

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Brandon Vera is tired of all the talking. It is very easy to imagine the typical Vera training sessions as intense mental battles where talking, save light colloquialisms with teammates, is a punishment. Be clear, Vera loves the MMA public. Had it not been for you, me and the world, his highlight reels wouldn’t be celebrated nor his progress considered a beacon for MMA’s bright future. Still when the talking constantly revolves around doubt on his abilities as an athlete and whether he still has that ‘thing’ that made the fans ooze star struck at his very mention, Vera is not much of a conversationalist with the media these days.

STORY

Post #1   8/19/09 1:33:31PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-468
Chips:
Not to take anything away from Kristoff but I really feel Matt Hamill would have been a better test for Vera to see if he is back to his old ways of finishing in a convincing manner.

Post #2   8/19/09 4:11:11PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Hamill is due for another fight soon too, way tough and hard hitting wrestler.

Post #3   8/19/09 4:40:24PM