Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Gegard Mousasi performs well under pressure

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
There was some pressure coming into the fight because it was my first fight in the US, but I trained hard for it and I was very comfortable and confident in the ring. I wanted to fight stand-up with him but I knew he would go for the clinch. I didn’t want to give him any advantage so I knew when I could take him down, I would, [and] I had the chance so I took it. After 1-2 rights I felt he was a little bit dizzy, so I gave him some more — for better results.”

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   8/16/09 9:35:51AM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Mousasi is awesome

Post #2   8/16/09 10:47:56AM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,790-1,126
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I will say I thought babalu was gonna teach mousasi a thing or 2 last night but all I can say is wow I am now a fan of this guy and I pick him to win the super hulk tourny

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #3   8/16/09 11:03:10AM   

DaMaGeInC

MMA Regular

DaMaGeInC Avatar

Career:1,199-791
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
i want this guy in the ufc asap the super hulk tourney is a joke anything that lets jose canseco fight in drops a level or 2. he will dismantle Sokoudjou. for him to beat Sokoudjou survive the berrage at the begining and you see his self confidence sail away. 2nd round submission Mousasi

Post #4   8/16/09 2:57:52PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by DaMaGeInC

i want this guy in the ufc asap the super hulk tourney is a joke anything that lets jose canseco fight in drops a level or 2. he will dismantle Sokoudjou. for him to beat Sokoudjou survive the berrage at the begining and you see his self confidence sail away. 2nd round submission Mousasi

ya i had babalu and soko, you can bet that soko pick was changed pretty quickly. thought both guys were going to be bigger and i thought babalu had superior jiu jtisu, mousasi is a force and just moved into my pound for pound rankings. would love to see him in the ufc, mousasi vs. anderson could be a matchup of the two best mw right now, or maybe even two of the top 5 lhw.

Post #5   8/16/09 3:44:28PM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
I thought it was rather funny, that the announcers were so surprised at Gegard's performance. He has been eliminating people with quite handly for several years now. Mousasi is a very exceptional fighter and has been dispatching of fighters from MW to HW. Mousasi has shown to have the whole package, from takedowns, ground N pound, submissions and KO power while standing. I believe he will run through the competition at Strikeforce prett easily, minus there new addition Fedor, but even that fight could shape up to be pretty decent.

Post #6   8/16/09 4:54:15PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,462-848
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by supatolacyl

I thought it was rather funny, that the announcers were so surprised at Gegard's performance. He has been eliminating people with quite handly for several years now. Mousasi is a very exceptional fighter and has been dispatching of fighters from MW to HW. Mousasi has shown to have the whole package, from takedowns, ground N pound, submissions and KO power while standing. I believe he will run through the competition at Strikeforce prett easily, minus there new addition Fedor, but even that fight could shape up to be pretty decent.

Mousasi has been MMA's best kept secret for the past 2 years or so.
Glad he's starting to finaly get recognition.

Post #7   8/16/09 7:09:25PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:984-643
Chips:
Very impressive. Did u see the look on Babalu's face after Big John stopped the fight ???? CLASSIC!!!

Post #8   8/16/09 8:22:26PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
Believe it or not, this guy is 24 years old.

Post #9   8/16/09 11:47:38PM