Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Santos' First Challenger: Marloes Coenen?

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
That could be the answer to the obvious "Who's next?" for Cristiane Santos. Marloes Coenen, who was given a 1-fight deal as a last-minute replacement last night if either Gina Carano or Santos couldn't go, is being hinted as a possibility to be the first challenger for Santos' new SF Women's Title. But Scott Coker said the hope it so have an 8-woman determination tournament to determine the first challenger, and Coker also cited "communication problems" behind a falling-out with Erin Toughill that led to this, but he said Toughill is still welcome in SF.

Article

Post #1   8/16/09 8:13:57AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i would rather see erin fight next,
i never heard of coenen

Post #2   8/16/09 11:54:57AM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
its a good sign for Strikeforce that there are at least some options for challengers...I like the idea of doing contender tournaments as well...I think that should be the standard with the champions doing superfights in between title defenses...a la Anderson SIlva

Post #3   8/16/09 5:01:40PM