Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Don't Bother Asking, Anderson Won't Fight Machida

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Career:1,214-756
Camp: Collinsville Clan
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Posted by Zekeil
No I picked Anderson in that fight, The UFC purposely picked Forrest for him to fight because they knew that it would lead to a KO for Silva. Forrest has the perfect style to be crushed by Silva, he's a brawler not a technician.

As far as everyone else.
Who has he beat to possibly give him the P4P title that's just laughable...really Franklin and Hendo are the only 2 good fighters he has fought.
Franklin is overrated too (I know I'll get flamed for that too...lol) so that leaves Hendo (who gave Silva a hell of a fight) but that still doesn't make him anywhere near P4P, if you think that you're delusional.

I don't know if your trolling or just really that delusional. Your view on things is so off from reality there isn't much point in trying to break them down because I'm sure you will come up with something else just as delusional.

That's an original statement....

Post #16   8/13/09 4:41:55PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,958-1,117
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by telnights

Posted by Zekeil
No I picked Anderson in that fight, The UFC purposely picked Forrest for him to fight because they knew that it would lead to a KO for Silva. Forrest has the perfect style to be crushed by Silva, he's a brawler not a technician.

As far as everyone else.
Who has he beat to possibly give him the P4P title that's just laughable...really Franklin and Hendo are the only 2 good fighters he has fought.
Franklin is overrated too (I know I'll get flamed for that too...lol) so that leaves Hendo (who gave Silva a hell of a fight) but that still doesn't make him anywhere near P4P, if you think that you're delusional.

I don't know if your trolling or just really that delusional. Your view on things is so off from reality there isn't much point in trying to break them down because I'm sure you will come up with something else just as delusional.

That's an original statement....

What it may lack in originality it makes up for in truth

Post #17   8/13/09 4:43:56PM   

placente

MMA Regular

placente Avatar

Career:90-62
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
i agree with you man, i think if u pair both of them to fight, it will actually b a boring fight . Think about it, Lyoto doesnt get hit at all and he will do everything possible not to get hit, Anderson silva will do the same. Imagine both guys trying to hit each other.......... it will take like 3 or 4 days of non- stop fighting 'til somebody landed something

Post #18   8/13/09 5:16:50PM   

Menard_StC

MMA Regular

Menard_StC Avatar

Career:1,052-623
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

Wow ok, I can do that too....

Who has GSP beaten? Just Hughes, BJ, and Fitch... you must be delusional to think that makes him good enough to be top p4p... so GSP is out. Hmmm who else do we have?

Fedor? Well maybe but he has only beaten AA, Timmy, Crocop, Nog, and a bunch more guys who I don't think are good enough so he is out.

Brock? right maybe after 15 more wins...

To summarize Zekeil, you have no idea what you're talking about. Its very obvious to anyone who isn't a biased hater that GSP, Fedor, and Silva are top 3 p4p in the world. Anderson has TEN CONSECUTIVE WINS in the UFC, including 6 title defenses.

Hendo is a former 205lb champ, and so is Forrest. His middleweight resume is stellar too.

You clearly just don't like him, so you've managed to convince yourself that that means he isn't as good as everyone thinks he is... when the evidence proves that he is EVERY BIT as good as everyone thinks.

Post #19   8/13/09 5:49:23PM   

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

According to your Top Ten P4P Rankings, you think Fedor is the #1 P4P fighter. So let's compare Fedor to Anderson.

In the 3 years that Silva's been with the UFC, he's fought 10 times. Out of those 10 fights, he's fought 2 Champions, 2 Former Champions, and 4 Number One Contenders. Let's look at how some of his competition currently ranks today.

Dan Henderson: Top 10 P4P, Top 10 LHW, and Number 2 MW in the world
Rich Franklin: Top 10 LHW, Top 10 MW in the world
Nate Marquardt: Top 3 MW in the world
Forrest Griffin: Top 5 LHW in the world

And all of these fighters were finished in 2 rounds or less.

Now let's take a look at Fedor.

In the last 3 years, Fedor has fought 6 times. An average of 2 times a year, already we're off to an unimpressive start. Now, let's take a look at how his competition ranks currently

Andrei Arlovski - Knocked out in both of his last 2 fights
Tim Sylvia - On a 3 fight losing streak, 2 loses via KO, 1 via submission
Hong Man Choi - Overall record of 2-2
Matt Lindland - Just got knocked out in 37 seconds
Mark Hunt - On a 5 fight losing streak, 4 loses via submission, 1 via KO
Mark Coleman - First win in 3 years is Stephan Bonnar

Not the most impressive resume to date. And you actually want to not only compare him to Anderson Silva, but claim that he is better? Get real. There's not even a legit argument here.

Last edited 8/13/09 6:08PM server time by RNC
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   8/13/09 6:07:01PM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RNC

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

According to your Top Ten P4P Rankings, you think Fedor is the #1 P4P fighter. So let's compare Fedor to Anderson.

In the 3 years that Silva's been with the UFC, he's fought 10 times. Out of those 10 fights, he's fought 2 Champions, 2 Former Champions, and 4 Number One Contenders. Let's look at how some of his competition currently ranks today.

In the last 3 years, Fedor has fought 6 times. An average of 2 times a year, already we're off to an unimpressive start. Now, let's take a look at how his competition ranks currently

Not the most impressive resume to date. And you actually want to not only compare him to Anderson Silva, but claim that he is better? Get real. There's not even a legit argument here.

Wow...obsess much...who even mentioned Fedor in this conversation...LOL

Post #21   8/13/09 6:25:44PM   

MMA_Alex

MMA Regular

Career:628-325
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by RNC

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

Actually, if you managed to be able to read his post, you would have seen he cited your Top Ten P4P rankings.

I just checked them out and, surprise, surprise, Anderson is your #3 p4p guy. How can the #3 p4p guy in the world, according to you, be overrated?

Post #22   8/13/09 6:44:06PM   

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

I know it might be hard for you but try to follow along. This entire thread you've been talking trash bout Silva.

Posted by Zekeil

... he's overrated anyway.

Posted by Zekeil

... that still doesn't make him anywhere near P4P, if you think that you're delusional.

Like I said, YOU think Fedor is the #1 P4P fighter, according to your Top 10 Fighter Rankings. So I compared Fedor to Anderson Silva's fights from the last 3 years. Clearly, Anderson Silva is the best fighter, pound for pound, in the world.

If you don't think so, you're delusional.

Post #23   8/13/09 6:46:51PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,958-1,117
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by RNC

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

Nice comeback. You make a ridiculous statement. Someone goes out of their way to refute your statement and show how silly it was, and your answer is that they put too much into their response.

It is pretty easy to say stupid things and then act like you don't care. If you are going to say things that you know is going to cause a commotion, you should at least be able to respond to criticism. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but you don't have a right to have it respected. If you tell everyone that they are delusional, you better have more to your logic than "I don't really care, I just say things"

If you are trolling, keep it up. I dare you. If not, please give a rationalization to why the rest of the world is delusional in thinking Anderson is a top p4p fighter beyond "he hasn't fought anyone", which is pretty obviously not the case.

Last edited 8/13/09 6:57PM server time by ncordless

Post #24   8/13/09 6:56:23PM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:409-233
Chips:

Posted by RNC

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!

Post #25   8/13/09 7:24:00PM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RNC

Posted by Zekeil

I know it might be hard for you but try to follow along. This entire thread you've been talking trash bout Silva.

Posted by Zekeil

... he's overrated anyway.

Posted by Zekeil

... that still doesn't make him anywhere near P4P, if you think that you're delusional.

Like I said, YOU think Fedor is the #1 P4P fighter, according to your Top 10 Fighter Rankings. So I compared Fedor to Anderson Silva's fights from the last 3 years. Clearly, Anderson Silva is the best fighter, pound for pound, in the world.

If you don't think so, you're delusional.

I haven't picked my p4p fighters since I signed up at this website almost three years ago.
Nothing changes the fact that Anderson Silva is WAY OVERRATED!

I didn't realize you guys would get so uptight, it's just an opinion.
If he doesn't want to get with the program and fight who the promoters want him to fight then send him down the road.
Oh yeah and where did I post this genius"I don't really care, I just say things". I love how you make stuff up and then say someone else said it.
Get over it.

This is why I don't get involved with the forums on this site, NOBODY is free to have an opinion. I haven't said anything bad about anybody but yet your gonna flex your big muscles and threaten me because for some reason you think I care your a mod.
Go ahead kick me, a paying loyal follower to this site.

Oh and by the way I'm done with this conversation.

Last edited 8/13/09 7:56PM server time by zekeil
2 total post edits

Post #26   8/13/09 7:42:01PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,055-1,156
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Look since you feel inspired to insult anyone who disagrees with you, then act like your the one put upon, maybe this is just not the place for you to post. We have rules. Like don't post opinions as facts and don't insult people. Basic rule of life - don't start none, won't be none. You start in the with all the vehement hyperbole ,and you throw down the gauntlet. People are going to pick it up. Things just deteriorate from there. We are only looking for intelligent, reasoned discussion here. I realize on most mma sites what you said would be the norm and then a little flamewar could develop, then the actual discussion would just denigrate into rubbish, and you would have a merry old time. Not our bag dude. So feel free to play the game, and post in your camp, but as to the main forums -please just post somewhere else.Obviously the way we do things here doesn't agree with you, and that's just fine.To each his own. Maybe we are just too strict for your personalty, as you seem to think its cool to call everyone who disagrees with your opinion delusional. See you do it, someone does it back, other people thinks its all good, and then BAM! Sherdog forums in a week. Good luck with that posting somewhere else , but no more posting here.

ADMIN

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #27   8/14/09 9:52:27AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2