Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Don't Bother Asking, Anderson Won't Fight Machida

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BrutalKnockOut

MMA Regular

BrutalKnockOut Avatar

Career:466-310
Camp: Team Takeover
Chips:
Don't Bother Asking, Anderson Won't Fight Machida

Anderson Silva explains why he will never fight his friend, Lyoto Machida.

Post #1   8/13/09 10:23:53AM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
Then i guess he is never going to fight for the title at 205 cause Machida is going to own that belt for some time......

Post #2   8/13/09 12:31:00PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i would have no problem fighting a friend !! even if they only pay me 10 bucks

Post #3   8/13/09 12:39:14PM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Career:1,214-756
Camp: Collinsville Clan
Chips:
Then give him his walking papers, he's overrated anyway. One of the most arrogant fighters ever and for what? Who does he think he is? The worst PPV draw for a champion in years and he thinks he's got the clout to tell the UFC who he is and isn't going to fight....LOL.

He's just trying to get out of the champion clause in his contract.

Post #4   8/13/09 12:43:10PM   

MMA_Alex

MMA Regular

Career:628-325
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

Then give him his walking papers, he's overrated anyway. One of the most arrogant fighters ever and for what? Who does he think he is? The worst PPV draw for a champion in years and he thinks he's got the clout to tell the UFC who he is and isn't going to fight....LOL.

I can't see how you could possibly think he is overrated, given everything he's done, especially how he just annihilated Forrest.

Post #5   8/13/09 1:12:06PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,803-1,547
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

...he's overrated anyway.

too easy

The worst PPV draw for a champion in years...

I think you're forgetting Sylvia and Sherk...but it doesn't matter, because I think that will change soon.

If he wants to retain the MW title, how is he trying to get out of the championship clause?

Last edited 8/13/09 1:19PM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   8/13/09 1:18:41PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,895-1,080
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

Yeah... give walking papers to the #1 p4p. That would be a great move... for Strikeforce.

Post #7   8/13/09 1:19:39PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

Then give him his walking papers, he's overrated anyway.

I'm looking forward to an explanation for this one...

Post #8   8/13/09 1:24:42PM   

Menard_StC

MMA Regular

Menard_StC Avatar

Career:1,052-623
Chips:
Not sure why this is a big deal.. I don't think Anderson cares about winning the belt. He doesn't plan to stay with the UFC much longer... so he is better off not being tied to a belt and just taking the biggest and best fights they can put together. He has nothing to prove.

Post #9   8/13/09 1:26:38PM   

Menard_StC

MMA Regular

Menard_StC Avatar

Career:1,052-623
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

So basically, you bet on Forrest and you are bitter because you lost a lot of money?

Last edited 8/13/09 1:28PM server time by Menard_StC

Post #10   8/13/09 1:27:55PM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Career:1,214-756
Camp: Collinsville Clan
Chips:

Posted by Menard_StC

Posted by Zekeil

So basically, you bet on Forrest and you are bitter because you lost a lot of money?

No I picked Anderson in that fight, The UFC purposely picked Forrest for him to fight because they knew that it would lead to a KO for Silva. Forrest has the perfect style to be crushed by Silva, he's a brawler not a technician.

As far as everyone else.
Who has he beat to possibly give him the P4P title that's just laughable...really Franklin and Hendo are the only 2 good fighters he has fought.
Franklin is overrated too (I know I'll get flamed for that too...lol) so that leaves Hendo (who gave Silva a hell of a fight) but that still doesn't make him anywhere near P4P, if you think that you're delusional.

Post #11   8/13/09 1:45:09PM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by Menard_StC

Posted by Zekeil

No I picked Anderson in that fight, The UFC purposely picked Forrest for him to fight because they knew that it would lead to a KO for Silva. Forrest has the perfect style to be crushed by Silva, he's a brawler not a technician.

As far as everyone else.
Who has he beat to possibly give him the P4P title that's just laughable...really Franklin and Hendo are the only 2 good fighters he has fought.
Franklin is overrated too (I know I'll get flamed for that too...lol) so that leaves Hendo (who gave Silva a hell of a fight) but that still doesn't make him anywhere near P4P, if you think that you're delusional.

Post #12   8/13/09 1:56:21PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,384-764
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

I don't know if your trolling or just really that delusional. Your view on things is so off from reality there isn't much point in trying to break them down because I'm sure you will come up with something else just as delusional.

Post #13   8/13/09 3:51:18PM   

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:
If you train with someone, you won't fight them. That's just how it goes in MMA. Swick wouldn't fight Fitch or Koscheck on his road to a title, and by doing so, he had to fight more times to get there. Jardine said if he beat Rampage and was granted a shot at Rashad, he would move back up to Heavyweight. And Silva has said for a long time the 205 belt is Lyoto's, and I am certain they will never fight.

But with that said, I don't think that a Anderson/Lyoto fight would be that interesting to the casual fan. I think that both of their styles would cancel each other out, and the fireworks fight that the UFC is hoping for would turn into a stalemate, with both Anderson and Lyoto trying not to get hit as much as possible. The UFC would do much better pairing Silva up with Rampage or Shogun.

Last edited 8/13/09 4:27PM server time by RNC

Post #14   8/13/09 4:22:51PM   

Irish_Pride

MMA Regular

Irish_Pride Avatar

Career:85-54
Camp: Rage In The Cage
Chips:
I'm a little dissapointed to see that Anderson doesn't want to fight Machida. This would make one hell of a matchup and would be just one hell of a fight. Anderson only has a few fights left on his contract and he has always said he wants to fight the best, well Machida is the best in 205 division that's why he holds the belt. It's sad to see that this fight will never happen because it would be amazing.

Post #15   8/13/09 4:25:50PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2