Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fickle Fans and Fellow Fighters Turn on Forrest Griffin

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

cloud301336

MMA Regular

cloud301336 Avatar

Career:370-208
Chips:

Posted by UFCmma666

Posted by Irish_Pride

That's crazy. Forrest just got beat by a man who is extremely talented. There is no reason to doubt Forrest's skills, he is still a outstanding fighter. His career isn't even close to over, he is only 30 years old and still has some fight left in him. His style was just the perfect matchup for Anderson Silva to demolish him. I hope this one fight doesn't give him a bad reputation. I hope Forrest can recover from this loss, step back into the octagon and kick some ass once again.

how many times have you said the same thing on abunch of different forums about how much you love forrest and before you were saying how forrest has a great chance of beating anderson and when he gets completely demolished you say his style was perfect to lose i agree his career is nowhere near over just alot of nuthugging going on

Talk about a playground bully

Post #16   8/10/09 4:09:55PM   

UFCmma666

MMA Regular

UFCmma666 Avatar

Career:228-138
Chips:

Posted by cloud301336

Posted by UFCmma666

Posted by Irish_Pride

That's crazy. Forrest just got beat by a man who is extremely talented. There is no reason to doubt Forrest's skills, he is still a outstanding fighter. His career isn't even close to over, he is only 30 years old and still has some fight left in him. His style was just the perfect matchup for Anderson Silva to demolish him. I hope this one fight doesn't give him a bad reputation. I hope Forrest can recover from this loss, step back into the octagon and kick some ass once again.

how many times have you said the same thing on abunch of different forums about how much you love forrest and before you were saying how forrest has a great chance of beating anderson and when he gets completely demolished you say his style was perfect to lose i agree his career is nowhere near over just alot of nuthugging going on

Talk about a playground bully

its not even like that man its just annoying how if you like a fighter that shouldnt change your opinion after he gets his ass whooped

Post #17   8/10/09 4:31:21PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
Give it a few weeks & this will be an after thought. These guys r professional athletes. They kill themselves to win and put a show on. Yes all athletes are held to higher standard since they are in he spotlight but come on give these guys a break when they lose. Everyone was Bashing Lebron when he didnt shake Howard's hand or attend the post-conference. That dude just spent a whole season pounding his body to get to and win the championship but fell short in the conference finals. Who wouldn't be pissed. Winning is everything to most top athletes and losing takes a huge hit on them. what was he suppose to do, hey ive been training like a mad man for the last couple months to beat u but hey u KOed me in a min, good job. When u sacrifice so much and lose it is hard to deal with. The best of the best have usually been sore loser cause of how much they do to win. Forrest will be fine just give him time. Plus i personally think The UFC should really think bout giving anderson GSP (at a catch weight) or top HW, this guy should only be fighting legends from now on. Anderson vs fedor would be awesome but we all know fedor will never be in the UFC.

Post #18   8/10/09 4:34:24PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,205-781
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by SmileR

Man this is pissing me off!
Forget the fact that Forrest has fought some classic wars in the past, forget the fact that he was the LHW champ, forget the fact that he is pretty much the reason MMA is now as main stream as it is, forget the fact they guy has a heart the size of truck and focus on his style for a few minutes.

He's a aggressive fighter, one of THE most aggressive fighters in the business and he's just fought probably the best and most accurate counter fighter in MMA. Silva's style is made to deal with people who fight like Forrest and people are saying his career is over?!
What did they think was going to happen?
He's still a top 5 LHW, he can still put on killer shows and he's still the funniest man in MMA.

Forrest has beaten a good few top LHW's he's also lost out on some pretty crappy decisions and been KO'd when he shouldn't have but he's always been a game fighter. I'm disgusted at how quickly people jump from fan to hater in this sport.
2 losses to 2 tough guys isn't anything to be ashamed of and the fact that people are saying he should retire or his career is over is a joke!

He'd still beat Jon Jones, Wanderlei Silva, Franklin, Cane quite handily and I also think he'd beat Tito and Jardine if they re-matched so should all those guys retire or quit too, because they wont get past Forrest for a long time!

By this logic everyone should just stop training unless you're a champion because I don't see any of the champs getting beat for a while so why not take a few years off, let them age until they stand a chance then fight when they aren't that good anymore!

Oh yeah Torres just got KO'd so maybe he should just call it a day too! Oh man he was overrated anyway! I think I'll take him off my P4P list and drop him off the rankings too!

No way he beats Rich Franklin or Wanderlei.

i could see him beating franklin..not easily but i could see it.
now wanderlie yea i could see that to.his jaw has been suspect as of late...but than again i can say the same thing about forrest

Post #19   8/10/09 5:03:19PM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Career:317-197
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
i never felt any anger towards him after the loss, to think that people can turn that easy on a fighter makes me sick.

Post #20   8/10/09 7:01:08PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
Forrest got plunked by the best pound for pound fighter on the planet.Big friggin deal.If Houston Alexander had done this to him then yeah,his career would be in pretty piss poor shape.But it was Anderson Silva,so who cares?Rich Franklin was absolutley embarrased twice against Anderson,and no one thinks any less of him.He went out and tried his best.So did Forrest.

There is no shame in loosing to a guy like Anderson.

WB.

Last edited 8/10/09 7:37PM server time by WheelchairBandit
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   8/10/09 7:35:55PM   

Shadymlm

MMA Regular

Shadymlm Avatar

Career:27-16
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Forget the fact that Forrest has fought some classic wars in the past, forget the fact that he was the LHW champ, forget the fact that he is pretty much the reason MMA is now as main stream as it is, forget the fact they guy has a heart the size of truck and focus on his style for a few minutes.

He's a aggressive fighter, one of THE most aggressive fighters in the business and he's just fought probably the best and most accurate counter fighter in MMA. Silva's style is made to deal with people who fight like Forrest and people are saying his career is over?!
He's still a top 5 LHW, he can still put on killer shows and he's still the funniest man in MMA.

Forrest has beaten a good few top LHW's he's also lost out on some pretty crappy decisions and been KO'd when he shouldn't have but he's always been a game fighter. I'm disgusted at how quickly people jump from fan to hater in this sport.
2 losses to 2 tough guys isn't anything to be ashamed of and the fact that people are saying he should retire or his career is over is a joke!

He'd still beat Jon Jones, Wanderlei Silva, Franklin, Cane quite handily and I also think he'd beat Tito and Jardine if they re-matched so should all those guys retire or quit too, because they wont get past Forrest for a long time!

By this logic everyone should just stop training unless you're a champion because I don't see any of the champs getting beat for a while so why not take a few years off, let them age until they stand a chance then fight when they aren't that good anymore!

Oh yeah Torres just got KO'd so maybe he should just call it a day too! Oh man he was overrated anyway! I think I'll take him off my P4P list and drop him off the rankings too!

Wow someones been drinking the Kool aid Top 5?!?! No way Machida, Rashad, Thiago, Rampage and Shogun IMO. Yeah yeah I know Forrest beat Rampage and Shogun, but everyone knows that wasn't the real Shogun and his win over Rampage is questionable at best, I saw that fight as a draw Forrest always has been overrated and it's starting to show more and more everytime he fights. He'd probably beat Jardine if they re-matched but I don't see him beating Tito again. And as for Jon Jones, Wanderlei Silva, Franklin, Cane, I highly doubt it.

And for the record I don't want Griffin's career to be over, but I don't think he'll ever be in the title picture ever again. I hope he doesn't quit because of that because I enjoy seeing him get KTFO! I hope to see it for many more years to come!

Post #22   8/10/09 8:32:33PM   

deebo

Learning to Sprawl

deebo Avatar

Career:734-548
Camp: Hit squad
Chips:
forrest is still a beast IMO... he was the LHW champ which was one of the best divisions in mma....the man got KO'd by ,if not the best ,one of the best strikers in mma history...he is still the man that got alot of money put into the sport we love so give the man some credit even though he did run away like a broad with his arms flaling....big ups to forrest for getting in the cage with a monster like silva

Post #23   8/10/09 8:39:06PM   

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:
Anyone saying that Forrest was never that great to begin with is a complete idiot, and on top of that to say that his career is over, you have to be a ******* moron.

Two fights ago this guy was a UFC champion. He choked out Shogun when he was believed to be the top light heavyweight in the world, and he busted him Rampage when no one gave him a shot. And its not like Rashad completely destroyed him either. Forrest was winning the fight, until he slipped up with one of his kicks and got tagged. Clearly, Forrest deserves to be at the top.

People are saying, ohh well Rampage was having mental issues and Shogun was coming off of an injury. Well then I guess we should discredit Rashad's win over Liddell because he was "washed up", his win over Forrest because apparently Forrest isn't any good now, and since Rashad got KTFO by Lyoto, I guess Rashad was never any good either.

Forrest's career is over? That's like saying Rich Franklin's career is over when he got KTFO by Silva the first time, only to come back and get KTFO again. No. There are always ways to improve, there are always more fights, and you can always come back stronger. I guess when GSP got KTFO by Serra he should've just quit, huh?

I know it's these peoples jobs to write articles, but c'mon. This is just getting ridiculous.

Last edited 8/10/09 9:34PM server time by RNC

Post #24   8/10/09 9:32:21PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Forrest's career is far from over. He beat Quinton and Shogun. That's enough to make you a mainstay in the LHW division for years to come. Forrest is a bit of an overachiever in my opinion, so it's only inevitable that he's not going to be able to defy the odds every time.

He'll be back to putting on great fights in the future. I think his career will be very similar to Keith Jardine's. Win some, lose some--and here and there he'll beat a top flight competetot that no one thought he could beat. I would love to see him get back in the cage with Shogun somewhere down the road.

I'm really just waiting to hear from Forrest. I think people will lighten up a little when he gets an interview and explains exactly what happened and his perspective. I think just being silent creates an open forum to criticize, without really understanding the mind-set of the fighter.

Post #25   8/10/09 9:51:29PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i wouldn't say his career is over but this will haunt him and might actually follow him where ever he goes instead of forrest with heart, fans might remember him for this, i don't know how he will overcome this not only this but second loss in a row, i bet dana gives him a can for his next match up

Post #26   8/10/09 11:14:33PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,329-737
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Well I don't think anyone underrated Forrest I think almost everyone underrated Anderson's ablity. Forrest is still a top LHW who came in with a bad game plan against a striker of Anderson level. Now Rampage really need to shut up because the guy that beat he just got beat really bad so what does that say for Rampages skills. I think the only thing that may hurt Forrest is him running from the cage. He has done this twice now and once after crying on the mic. But over all I don't see it hurting him that much and will still have a strong fan base. The fans he had that jump off because of the loss are ones that always like who ever is the best. I like to call them part time fans. Its the guys that buys a new NFL team jacket of the Superbowl winners every year and says he has always been a fan of that team.

Last edited 8/11/09 1:53AM server time by telnights

Post #27   8/11/09 1:53:00AM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:379-218
Chips:

Posted by Shadymlm

Posted by SmileR

Wow someones been drinking the Kool aid Top 5?!?! No way Machida, Rashad, Thiago, Rampage and Shogun IMO. Yeah yeah I know Forrest beat Rampage and Shogun, but everyone knows that wasn't the real Shogun and his win over Rampage is questionable at best, I saw that fight as a draw Forrest always has been overrated and it's starting to show more and more everytime he fights. He'd probably beat Jardine if they re-matched but I don't see him beating Tito again. And as for Jon Jones, Wanderlei Silva, Franklin, Cane, I highly doubt it.

And for the record I don't want Griffin's career to be over, but I don't think he'll ever be in the title picture ever again. I hope he doesn't quit because of that because I enjoy seeing him get KTFO! I hope to see it for many more years to come!

Wtf? Thiago....silva? The guy who just got KO'd by machida? What has he done to warrant a top 5 spot? Thats right...nothing. Maybe he's top 10, maybe. No hate on him he's just not top 5. And he didnt beat " the real" Shogun?? Seriously? If you know MMA then you know almost every fighter fights under 100 %. Its just the way it is. Forrest dominated him for 3 whole rounds and then added insult to injury and made him tap in the dying seconds of the fight. And his fight with Rampage has been discussed forever. Guess what? It doesnt matter what you or I think. It matters what the judges thought. And they thought he won. So he beat the former #1 in quinton for the belt, and beat the number one contender in Shogun, who could end up being #1 if he beats Machida. Thats pretty damn impressive and there is no way he does not deserve a top 10 spot. He lost to one of the most dangerous strikers in the world. It happens. You can think hes overrated if you;d like, but dont make dumb*** comments like his wins are questionable or he fought the fake shogun. Cuz the real one was in hiding right? Whats questionable was his loss against Tito. Check that fight out again if youd like.

Post #28   8/11/09 2:46:55AM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:379-218
Chips:
And to have two people that he beat in Rampage and Shogun ranked higher then him is ridiculous. As is having Tiago ranked higher then him when he hasnt beaten a top 10 fighter yet. You might have a personal beef with Forrest, maybe he didnt sign an autograph for you somewhere? Or you lost some money on this fight? Or your just jumping off the bandwagon like everyone else is..but use some reasoning please. He'll be back and then everyone will be back huggin on his nuts. Sorry for the rant guys

Post #29   8/11/09 2:52:14AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i know it is off topic a little bit, but Thaigo Silva is no closer to a top 5 position than Mary Kate Olsen is to a donut. Forrest is still top 5 in my book, people's memories are so short term that it actually saddens me. it wasn't too long ago he was considered the #1 LHW, so don't forget his accomplishments so easily. it takes a situation like this to see who the haters and fair weather fans are...it is really quite sad.

Post #30   8/11/09 2:55:46AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3