Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Griffin uninjured, not dealing well with loss

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,895-1,080
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Sounds like instead of a broken jaw and a loss of hearing Forrest is suffering from a broken dream and a shattered ego.

Post #16   8/10/09 10:34:28AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,035-1,142
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Sounds like instead of a broken jaw and a loss of hearing Forrest is suffering from a broken dream and a shattered ego.

Zing !

Post #17   8/10/09 10:40:15AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,272-1,271
Chips:
I haven't seen anything yet where Forrest is quoted, so it's all speculation at this point. I think he probably believed in his own game plan and didn't stick to it very well, ...or...felt like he didn't get the chance. He probably let himself down, and feels like he let the fans down.

But all this "respect" talk is getting really ridiculous. Silva has a flashy style when he's controlling the fight. Get over it. If Forrest wants to run out of the ring, get over it. If BJ wants to direct traffic to his website get over it.

Post #18   8/10/09 11:04:41AM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
Silva may be cocky and did look very much so during the fight........ I think the antics were more for the idiot fans that spent the last few months putting down his performances. I think the message was that if someone wants to fight and not run he can put on a show.

I notice some people defending silvas actions (which is fine) but are any of you the some ones that were trashing rashad for doing the same to forrest?

Post #19   8/10/09 11:08:14AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
the backlash is bad, heard that fans and ufc fighters are ashamed of griffin actions and are turning on him

Post #20   8/10/09 1:03:03PM   

placente

MMA Regular

placente Avatar

Career:90-62
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
i think forrest is to immature and needs to take a loss a like a man, i mean u can't always win, at some point u gotta lose, and u cant cry like a little girl when it happens. Look at Frank Mir, he got his ass handed to him, then u got teased after the fight by brock, but still the guy kept his cool and acted like a gentleman.

Forrest has to learn to lose.

Post #21   8/10/09 1:31:39PM   

TheCelica

Learning to Sprawl

TheCelica Avatar

Career:690-578
Camp: Death
Chips:
Silva antics in the cage are to throw his opponent off his game plan, and catch him. Its not being disrespectful, cocky, yes, but it works! Griffin got mad and came in swinging, which is what Silva wanted him to do. Completely out classed. He fell into the spider's trap.

Post #22   8/10/09 1:34:37PM   

DaBeatdown

MMA Regular

DaBeatdown Avatar

Career:981-654
Camp: Knee's
Chips:
Helping him up is disrespectful, and I agree with the other post. Silva is incredible but the showboating shows no class.

Post #23   8/10/09 2:59:26PM   

low-blow

Learning to Sprawl

Career:217-125
Chips:
These guys are fighters not politicians so anyone clowning the way Silva acted needs to get over themselves. No one cries when other athelets put some style into there sport.

Post #24   8/10/09 3:00:07PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Chips:

Posted by low-blow

These guys are fighters not politicians so anyone clowning the way Silva acted needs to get over themselves. No one cries when other athelets put some style into there sport.

I don't know which sports you're watching, but people ALWAYS complain when other athletes showboat.

Post #25   8/10/09 3:03:17PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,500-1,283
Chips:
If Anderson Silva was a pitcher in baseball he'd offer to walk his strikeout victims back to the dugout.

Post #26   8/10/09 3:04:45PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

If Anderson Silva was a pitcher in baseball he'd offer to walk his strikeout victims back to the dugout.

And if he was a batter, he'd retrieve his own homerun balls and return them to the mound.

Post #27   8/10/09 3:07:38PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Posted by Schizoidman

Posted by Aether

Posted by UFCmma666

Posted by Aether

Silva being ridiculously disrespectful like he usually is surely doesn't make him feel any better. He can act how he wants to I guess, but I have absolutely no respect for the guy whatsoever, because he has absolutely no respect for his fellow fighters.

what about the 20 times he bowed to forrest and shook his hand and helped him up

I don't think bowing when you enter the cage makes you a respectful person. The way you act in general is a lot more important. I don't think it's very respectful to clown your opponents while you beat them up. Neither is most of the stuff he says in interviews. In general I just find him to be really disrespectful.

Like I said, it's up to him to act however he wants or say whatever he pleases, I don't have to like him though.

It's not his fault he's that much better than everyone else. Well, I guess it is. But all of his antics in the cage are simply for entertainment value. He's just making the fight more exciting. He's been nothing but respectful in what he says about other fighters. Disrespect is something you get from Brock Lesnar. You can't fault Anderson for trying to put on a show. At least he doesn't lay on people and then get in their face after he beats them, and then gives the crowd the finger (both hands), and wraps it up by bashing a major sponsor and talking about getting with his wife. As far as I'm concerned, Anderson is a class act. He leaves what belongs in the cage in the cage, and says nothing but positive things about other fighters.

and running out of the cage crying like a school girl is respectful??

It is just as bad.

Post #28   8/10/09 3:54:19PM   

Shadymlm

MMA Regular

Shadymlm Avatar

Career:27-16
Chips:

Posted by DaBeatdown

Helping him up is disrespectful, and I agree with the other post. Silva is incredible but the showboating shows no class.

If Forrest and other fighters have a problem with it then they should do something about it, Machida was given the same opportunity by Rashad and took advantage of it. Showboating isn't classy but it's not disrespectful either. Running out of the octagon like you stole something is! He should of stood there like a man while Anderson got his hand raised then if he wanted to WALK out of the cage that would be fine.

Post #29   8/10/09 7:31:21PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
Are you on drugs? Silva was nothing BUT respectful towards Forrest after the fight!

Post #30   8/10/09 8:11:58PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3