Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Amir fight stoppage one of the worst ever?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ohnougotme

BANNED

Career:18-10
Chips:
A fair stoppage.From Dan's view,Amir was in trouble and looked like he was going to take more.Not to many guys gettn pounded while on the ground get up without taking further damage.Now there has to be a rematch,in my opinion.If Johnny stops Amir again,Dans somewhat vindicated,if Amir wins,well,then Dan's call looks pre-mature.I like Johnny to repeat.

Post #16   8/9/09 4:15:19PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
I think that the stoppage was premature but I doubt that the result would have changed. Amir wasnt trying to go to guard, he was trying to stand and as dazed as he was he probably would have took a few more big shots. IMO.

Post #17   8/9/09 5:43:46PM   

The_Italian_Stallion

Standup Guy

The_Italian_Stallion Avatar

Career:588-346
Camp: Ultimate
Chips:
This wasn't that bad of a stoppage at all in my opinion... it's the definition of a fighter not defending his self! I have always supported letting a fighter take more damage to make sure the fight should be stopped but since we don't live in that world you have to accept fights like this...

The Paulo Thiago/Koscheck knock out was way worse... That was only one punch and Koscheck was halfway back up while Amir was only starting to motion in that direction...

If the fight would have been let go more all that would have happened is Amir would get up and then go down HARD with another shot that could have seriously hurt him...

Post #18   8/9/09 6:22:41PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,337-741
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I have watched it many times now and I'm not even a 100% sure it was a knock down. Yes Amir got caught and yes he was wobbly but if you watch it Hendricks had half MT clinch in and was moving backwards while pulling on Amir's head. Its almost like Amir was trying to break the hold a feel forwards. He didn't go face down on the mat and even caught himself. He was looking up at Hendricks and trying to stand when Miragliotta stepped in. Miragliotta has to be the most inconsistent ref around. He will let a fight go even when the other fighter clearly cant defend themselves but stop fights when its clear they are trying to defend themselves. I don't know what some people expected Amir to do lay face down and cover up? He had two choice stand up or roll to his back and he was trying to stand up.

Post #19   8/10/09 1:00:31AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2