Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Does Fedor just want nothing to do with the UFC because his potential for legacy damage?

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:
Fedor isn't scared. If you've ever seen the man, I don't think he knows the definition of scared. Fedor is under contract with M-1 and actually, he even owns a piece of the company. M-1 won't let him sign with the UFC unless they co-promote and the UFC won't do that, so what do you want the guy to do? Throw his stake in the company out the window and fight hundreds of legal battles with them after he signs with the UFC? Be real for a second.

Fedor is one of the most humble champions on the planet. He has stated time and time again that he doesn't think he is that great of fighter. That he doesn't care about his legacy, and that he just fights because it pays the bills and he happens to be alright at it. Fedor has even stated that he's felt bad for his opponents before, so much, that in fights he would take it easy on them. And with that, he's still never lost. And this is a guy who is scared of someone?

I can't believe people are saying Fedor is ducking Brock to avoid harming his legacy, when in fact, Fedor is doing just as much harm by not fighting Brock. If Brock continues to dominate the HW division in the UFC, its only a matter of time before Brock Lesnar is regarded as the #1 HW in the world. If that happens, there will be no chance of the casual fan caring about Fedor, especially if he is only fighting once or twice a year, and half of his fights are exhibition matches. Getting into the UFC and fighting Lesnar, win or lose, is the way to go.

So clearly, Fedor is not scared or trying to protect his legacy. Some of you guys need to sit down and think for a second before you draw these erratic assumptions.

Post #46   8/25/09 2:37:33AM   

gskyprodigy

Learning to Sprawl

Career:136-99
Camp: Kick Ass
Chips:
......its probably fedor's management staff thats scared..........

Post #47   8/29/09 1:01:33PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by RNC

Fedor isn't scared. If you've ever seen the man, I don't think he knows the definition of scared. Fedor is under contract with M-1 and actually, he even owns a piece of the company. M-1 won't let him sign with the UFC unless they co-promote and the UFC won't do that, so what do you want the guy to do? Throw his stake in the company out the window and fight hundreds of legal battles with them after he signs with the UFC? Be real for a second.

Fedor is one of the most humble champions on the planet. He has stated time and time again that he doesn't think he is that great of fighter. That he doesn't care about his legacy, and that he just fights because it pays the bills and he happens to be alright at it. Fedor has even stated that he's felt bad for his opponents before, so much, that in fights he would take it easy on them. And with that, he's still never lost. And this is a guy who is scared of someone?

I can't believe people are saying Fedor is ducking Brock to avoid harming his legacy, when in fact, Fedor is doing just as much harm by not fighting Brock. If Brock continues to dominate the HW division in the UFC, its only a matter of time before Brock Lesnar is regarded as the #1 HW in the world. If that happens, there will be no chance of the casual fan caring about Fedor, especially if he is only fighting once or twice a year, and half of his fights are exhibition matches. Getting into the UFC and fighting Lesnar, win or lose, is the way to go.

So clearly, Fedor is not scared or trying to protect his legacy. Some of you guys need to sit down and think for a second before you draw these erratic assumptions.

I've been trying to tell people this too. Plus I'm sure Fedor dosnt wanna be put in limbo like the UFC did to Randy.

Post #48   8/29/09 1:38:49PM   

Falcons84

Learning to Sprawl

Falcons84 Avatar

Career:487-300
Camp: MMAHQ
Chips:
Why do many call him the best when he doesnt fight the best?

Post #49   8/29/09 1:44:52PM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:

Posted by Falcons84

Why do many call him the best when he doesnt fight the best?

I think the line is blury after the #2 spot for best HWs. Other than Fedor and Brock, fighting Werdum, Alistar, or Rodgers is just as ok as Velasquez, Carwin, or Kongo.
Im not saying the strikeforce HW's are just as good but I am saying if you already have established yourself as the best HW in the world and all the top 10 HWs are still young or one dimensional, its ok to fight them outside the UFC as it is to fight them in the UFC.

Im sure most people in this thread believe Fedor would beat everyone in the UFC, only arguing Brock would be his biggest challenge. So the real anger to Fedor isnt as much him not signing to fight UFC fighters. Its him not fighting the second biggest name in the division.

Post #50   8/29/09 2:34:59PM   

raider8

Learning to Sprawl

raider8 Avatar

Career:347-234
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
Fedor will go down in history as the "Greatest Minor league Fighter of all time". He has had more than one chance to fight the best but he has took the easy way out once again.

Post #51   9/2/09 2:03:16AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Stumbled on this jewel.

Fedor - P4P best

I loved the ending.

Post #52   9/2/09 9:58:12AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by raider8

Fedor will go down in history as the "Greatest Minor league Fighter of all time". He has had more than one chance to fight the best but he has took the easy way out once again.

Wouldn't other fighters signing with the UFC to get payed more money and fight lesser opponents than Barnett and Fedor be the easy way out?

Last edited 9/2/09 10:55AM server time by mkiv9secsupra
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #53   9/2/09 10:54:48AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

Stumbled on this jewel.

Fedor - P4P best

I loved the ending.

The ending to that is HILARIOUS!!!

No props, Gotta spread the love

Post #54   9/2/09 11:03:57AM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
No way is he scared to fight these guys, but his approach to his career has me baffled.

Post #55   9/2/09 6:05:31PM   

BigSlick

Learning to Sprawl

BigSlick Avatar

Career:58-30
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Stumbled on this jewel.

Fedor - P4P best

I loved the ending.

Wow, thats priceless.
I think this story posted earlier in this thread is very funny as well.history of Fedor

Post #56   9/3/09 8:51:29PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
LOL

This is not a gif, it is Fedor doing an infinate number of pushups. lol

Post #57   9/3/09 10:42:21PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by Rush

This is not a gif, it is Fedor doing an infinate number of pushups. lol

Fedor and Chuck Norris have to be kept apart. If they so much as shook hands, the shockwave would wipe out a medium-sized city.

Post #58   9/4/09 10:20:08AM   

juggernautakira

MMA Regular

Career:519-347
Camp: Super Karate Monkey Death Car
Chips:
I never thought the Chuck Norris fights were funny..and ive got a pretty f.ucked up sense of humor.

I dont care for explanations at this point. Hes not in the UFC, hes going to continue fighting cans, and thats that.

Post #59   9/4/09 10:26:00AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by juggernautakira
hes going to continue fighting cans, and thats that.

his last three opponents scheduled were three former UFC HW champions
Barnett
Arlovksi
Sylvia

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #60   9/4/09 11:26:16AM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5