Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor : " the offer which we got was one kind, then on the Internet they published absolutely different offer "

Print  
Posted By Message

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
LINK

Post #1   8/6/09 10:19:45PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:
Vadim: "Brett Rogers is a much better opponent for Fedor and also should be very interesting for fans as well, because he has 10 fights and not one loss."

(just before this quote he took a shot a Brock)

Not everything can be judged just by record alone. I think Brock would beat Brett Rogers, Vadim.

Vadim: "'Fedor’s name outside of the U.S. is much bigger than the name of the UFC,' he said. If Fedor comes to the UFC, he’ll make the UFC famous outside of the U.S."

Maybe in Russia and Japan but I would still debate the fact that Fedor himself is bigger than the UFC internationally.

Last edited 8/6/09 10:31PM server time by imanidiot777
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   8/6/09 10:31:11PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
who would pay for a strikeforce PPV honestly? They put on good shows, they would get some hardcore fans probably, but Dana is pretty much right when he says no one really watches strikeforce.

I guess we'll see.

Post #3   8/6/09 11:12:52PM   

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:
“He’ll put them out of business,” White said. “They have no money. These guys have no money and they have no distribution. Four f---king people watch Showtime.”

Post #4   8/6/09 11:21:10PM   

Art_Jimmerson

BANNED

Art_Jimmerson Avatar

Career:17-14
Chips:
What they really mean is:

"The offer the UFC gave us was amazing, but the offer we told Fedor the UFC gave us was rubbish, but that doesn't even matter because he has no say in what happens anyway"

Post #5   8/7/09 12:42:53AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,547-1,624
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Fedor is going to have to go back to Japan if he wants to keep getting paid the big bucks and not enter the UFC. UFC is the only org stable and wealthy enough to take on his payroll for any long period of time. The exposure he would recieve would also be ridiculous and open up a boatlaod of sponsors to him. Why he wont leave M-1 is beyond me.

Post #6   8/7/09 1:32:16AM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Man I really didn't care that Fedor didn't sign with the UFC becaus ethey really don't need each other right now and I def. agree that there is heavyweight competition outside of the UFC to keep Fedor in the top spot at Heavyweight for the time being but the problem I have with this whole situation is M-1.

Finkelstein is a moron no other way to put it. Let me get this straight Brett Rogers whose only notable wins are against Arlovski and James Thompson is a better match up for Fedor than Brock Lesnar.??Were supposed to honestly believe that HE believes that?? Brock has beaten Randy Couture and has beaten Mir and Herring which are names in MMA. His record might be 4-1 but hes fought nothing but the best besides his first fight and if he wanted he could be 20-0 right now fighting guys with no record so thats an absurd statement to say that Rogers is a better opponent for Fedor.

Another problem I have with M-1 is I read in a previous article they said because they are from Russia they don't have as much media here so they look like the bad guys in this whole thing.......you honestly want to know why you guys look like the bad guys M-1?? Because what your doing is illegal here in the states!! I'm sure we haven't heard the last of this but as far as I'm concerned this topic is done for me.

The sad thing is I understand where Fedor is coming from I mean he has a vested intrest in what happens to M-1 as he is making smart moves to have a career after fighting much like Bonnar's venture into art by owning part of it. The thing I don't agree with is just because the UFC didn't bend over backwards for ever request that M-1 had that the UFC doesn't consider there fighters humans and all that nonsense. Say what you want about Dana White and the UFC but there conduct towards fighters is exactly where it should be and they actually care about the fighters with a passion. M-1, from what I've read and see, could care less about the sport of MMA and the fighters as a whole and only care about they cash cow Fedor. It seemed to me Sherdog was trying to cast a negative image on the UFC but imo it clearly casted an even bigger light on how shady and egomaniacle M-1 is.

Last edited 8/7/09 2:01AM server time by DevonFoxy
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   8/7/09 2:00:12AM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:

Posted by Aether

who would pay for a strikeforce PPV honestly? They put on good shows, they would get some hardcore fans probably, but Dana is pretty much right when he says no one really watches strikeforce.

I guess we'll see.

The Strikeforce on NBC was one of the most watched MMA events in history (I think it was the MOST watched event prior to UFC 100). I don't think they do PPVs, I was under the impression that they show on Showtime or network TV.

Regardless, I've purchased every Affliction event, and I'm sure I'll watch every Strikeforce event that showcases Fedor.

Post #8   8/7/09 9:11:03AM   

Art_Jimmerson

BANNED

Art_Jimmerson Avatar

Career:17-14
Chips:

Posted by Pyrenus

Posted by Aether

I guess we'll see.

The Strikeforce on NBC was one of the most watched MMA events in history (I think it was the MOST watched event prior to UFC 100). I don't think they do PPVs, I was under the impression that they show on Showtime or network TV.

Regardless, I've purchased every Affliction event, and I'm sure I'll watch every Strikeforce event that showcases Fedor.

The EliteXC event's were more watched than the UFC's, I believe Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson is the most watched MMA fight ever (live anyway), unless its been taken over by Seth vs. Kimbo.

Post #9   8/7/09 9:16:17AM   

bootyclause

MMA Regular

Career:1,044-777
Chips:
you and the previous poster are insinuating that the Elite XC Kimbo ratings are some sort of indication that EliteXC itself was as big or bigger than UFC - that is just completely false. Any ratings superiority over UFC had only to do with the fact that it was on a network channel and that it had Kimbo. Those CBS ratings absolutely prove nothing about the viability of a PPV event. An Elite XC PPV would have done terribly.

If Strikeforce went to PPV it would do the same as Afflction....50 to 100k buys, thats all. and they better not try to put it in a 20,000 seat arena with 200 dollar tickets either.

Post #10   8/7/09 9:32:42AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:
here's the difference between brett rogers(10-0) and brock lesnar (4-1)

rogers first really tough opponent was Arlovski. most of his other opponents were unknowns with losing records.

after fighting min soo kim lesnar decided to step up and fight top competition. every fight since has been a legitimate threat. he could probably be 20-0 by now had he done what lashley is doing and stay in the small promotions and fight nobodies, rookies and freak shows but he wanted real competition.

Post #11   8/7/09 9:51:34AM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
I was simply disputing this line:

"no one really watches strikeforce"

Which is complete BS, obviously. And I think the PPV point is sort of moot. Their business model is not built upon a reliance on PPVs to stay afloat, like the UFC. They already have network and subscription-channel deals in place.

Post #12   8/7/09 9:56:50AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,512-1,449
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
their business model is not built upon paying 1 fighter a ton of cash either, but they are doing that now and if history repeats itself, they will be out of business sooner than later.

Post #13   8/7/09 11:23:28AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,358-751
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Vadim is a joke....How can anyone trust anything he says when he lies to his own fighters.

Post #14   8/7/09 2:33:30PM