Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

M-1 Global's Jerry Millen: Fedor Emelianenko is not dodging Brock Lesnar

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Business negotiations are always a complex matter.

Business negotiations between the UFC and M-1 Global have at times bordered on bizarre.

But while the two companies recently failed once again to come together and bring Fedor Emelianenko, the world's top heavyweight, to the UFC, the world's top MMA promotion, M-1 Global exec Jerry Millen wants to make one thing perfectly clear: Emelianenko is not dodging UFC champ Brock Lesnar.

STORY

Post #1   8/6/09 2:03:15PM   

dangerfield

MMA Regular

dangerfield Avatar

Career:385-223
Chips:
This sleeze makes me angry.

I don't want to get in to the reason why Fedor is with M-1 blah blah, I'm done with that whole scene it only gives M-1 publicity it hasn't earned.

But this guy...

Can you hate someone you don't know? cause I think I hate this Gary Millen, or Jerry or Slavd or Stone or whatever name he thinks will make people swallow more of his bs and think he's cool.

I hope Bas gets drunk and Gary steps on his toe causing his beer to drop and break leading to Gary be dropped and broken.

I just can't stand this guy.

Post #2   8/6/09 2:11:08PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

"Not to take anything away from [Lesnar], but you've got to remember the UFC manufactured his rise to the top. They gave him a title shot so far ahead of other guys that might have deserved a title shot that if I was some of the heavyweights in the UFC, I'd be upset."

Let me start with I love to watch Fedor fight and think he is the best HW out there. But who did he fight to become the M-1 HW champ? I hate Jerry Millen and his knowing nothing about MMA ass! How bout when he tried to hype Fedor at the AA weigh ins and Bas called him a ass hole. Oh that was so good.

Post #3   8/6/09 2:12:30PM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:
Fedor himself I believe is not but his management team on the other hand is very questionable

Post #4   8/6/09 2:18:58PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:

Posted by postman

"Not to take anything away from [Lesnar], but you've got to remember the UFC manufactured his rise to the top. They gave him a title shot so far ahead of other guys that might have deserved a title shot that if I was some of the heavyweights in the UFC, I'd be upset."

Let me start with I love to watch Fedor fight and think he is the best HW out there. But who did he fight to become the M-1 HW champ? I hate Jerry Millen and his knowing nothing about MMA ass! How bout when he tried to hype Fedor at the AA weigh ins and Bas called him a ass hole. Oh that was so good.

They did give him (Brock) a title shot fast but he did win it and then defended it so it isn't like he just got lucky. Millen needs to close it.

Last edited 8/6/09 3:39PM server time by imanidiot777
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   8/6/09 3:39:02PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,456-1,139
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
Jerry Millen:

They do it in boxing every day

And that my friends is why boxing is failing.

Post #6   8/6/09 3:41:11PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by postman

They did give him (Brock) a title shot fast but he did win it and then defended it so it isn't like he just got lucky. Millen needs to close it.

I agree Brock was pushed to the head of the class but Millen should just keep his topic of cono about frosting his tips or something

Post #7   8/6/09 4:19:38PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:999-599
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
I don't think Fedor is ducking Brock. I do however think M-1 is a bunch of delusional people. Brock may not have deserved the title shot at the time but, who else did. Mir and Nogeira were fighting for the heavyweight title also. So they had to set up a tournament somehow and why not Brock. Carwin and Velasquez weren't quite up there yet. The only guy I could argue with was Kongo at the time.

Millen needs to mind his business and stay out of the UFC's.

Post #8   8/6/09 5:15:43PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by whardin19

I don't think Fedor is ducking Brock. I do however think M-1 is a bunch of delusional people. Brock may not have deserved the title shot at the time but, who else did. Mir and Nogeira were fighting for the heavyweight title also. So they had to set up a tournament somehow and why not Brock. Carwin and Velasquez weren't quite up there yet. The only guy I could argue with was Kongo at the time.

Devils advocate Cain/Carwin still more then brock but if I rememeber right that fight was what drew Randy back. It was a huge money maker. Who cares lol I'm drunk and feeling better then I have since Mayhem fest saturday!!!! All That Remains killed it by the way!!!

Post #9   8/6/09 5:34:33PM   

Greene33

MMA Regular

Greene33 Avatar

Career:590-391
Chips:
Gary Millen is a joke, has no buisness in MMA. How this guy keeps getting high level jobs is beyond me. Another reason to hate M-1 is this joker is a freaking executive.

Post #10   8/6/09 9:48:40PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by whardin19

Devils advocate Cain/Carwin still more then brock but if I rememeber right that fight was what drew Randy back. It was a huge money maker. Who cares lol I'm drunk and feeling better then I have since Mayhem fest saturday!!!! All That Remains killed it by the way!!!

Mayhem Festival was awesome man I was at the one in Scranton, PA and it poured the whole day, no one cared.

Post #11   8/6/09 10:09:07PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Look at this awesome quote:

"If he doesn't get his way, it's either his way or no way. That's what it boils down to. [M-1 Global] just wants to work somewhere where it's fair."

Rofl. I think he has Dana White confused with himself. Maybe that's why he believes he deserves things that he hasn't earned, like respect, or an even share of a successful company's profits without any contribution.

Idiot.

Post #12   8/6/09 11:00:20PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Holy ****! A guy from M-1 defending Fedor not going to the UFC. Im actually stunned!

NAAAAAAT.

Post #13   8/6/09 11:05:09PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Greene33

Gary Millen is a joke, has no buisness in MMA. How this guy keeps getting high level jobs is beyond me. Another reason to hate M-1 is this joker is a freaking executive.

Who's Gary Millen?

Post #14   8/7/09 2:44:04PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Greene33

Who's Gary Millen?

Gary Millen is the "real" Jerry Millen.

Post #15   8/7/09 4:24:24PM