Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Ricardo Almeida Talks Kendall Grove Fight, Future Move to Welterweight

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Ricardo Almeida's desire to compete on the UFC 101 card in Philadelphia was so much so that he postponed immediate plans for a welterweight run.

"To be honest I would have fought at 205 to fight in Philly," Almeida said. "I really wanted the people who support me on a daily basis to have the chance to watch me fight live and be a part of it."

STORY

Post #1   8/5/09 2:06:39PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i was surprised when they annouced the fight i know almeida said he was dropping so i was thinking next fight would be welter, but for him to take a middleweight fight was a bit of a suprise,

Post #2   8/5/09 8:32:33PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Good interview. Have always liked Almeida and I think that he can do some damage at WW. Should be an entertaining fight, call me biased but I'll take the BJJ guy most everytime.

Post #3   8/7/09 12:54:20AM   

Art_Jimmerson

BANNED

Art_Jimmerson Avatar

Career:17-14
Chips:
Will Almeida be able to take Kendall down though?

I can imagine Kendall jabbing his way to a victory in a pretty boring decision.

How does everyone else think it'll go?

Post #4   8/7/09 1:28:58AM   

Irish_Pride

MMA Regular

Irish_Pride Avatar

Career:85-54
Camp: Rage In The Cage
Chips:

Posted by Art_Jimmerson

I see the exact same thing. Kendall's reach is going to play a huge factor in this fight. I see him picking at Almeida with little punches to win the fight. I'm sure Kendall will make sure he doesn't get taken down since Almeida is very dangerous on the ground.

Post #5   8/7/09 2:00:19AM   

Art_Jimmerson

BANNED

Art_Jimmerson Avatar

Career:17-14
Chips:

Posted by Irish_Pride

Posted by Art_Jimmerson

I see the exact same thing. Kendall's reach is going to play a huge factor in this fight. I see him picking at Almeida with little punches to win the fight. I'm sure Kendall will make sure he doesn't get taken down since Almeida is very dangerous on the ground.

Yeah, I can't remember seeing much of either guy fight, other than Kendall's last 2 wins, and as good as Almeida's BJJ is, I don't think his wrestling is that great? And because Kendall is so tall he should be able to get himself back to his feet if he is taken down.

Post #6   8/7/09 9:21:02AM