Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Despite Strikeforce contract, Fedor Emelianenko can still compete in Japan

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,355-1,244
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Although Fedor Emelianenko has been signed to a three-fight, one-year deal, Strikeforce officials will still permit the heavyweight fighter to compete overseas, including in Japan.

Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Emelianenko (30-1), who signed with Strikeforce on Monday, will be permitted to fight outside the organization while under contract.

STORY

Post #1   8/4/09 1:15:26PM   

marcus1

Learning to Sprawl

Career:137-112
Chips:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Fedor only has three fights left with M1? So this time next year we will/should be going through all this again?

Post #2   8/4/09 2:31:23PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,355-1,244
Chips:

Posted by marcus1

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Fedor only has three fights left with M1? So this time next year we will/should be going through all this again?

Possibly.

Post #3   8/4/09 2:33:22PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,928-1,103
Chips:

Posted by marcus1

Not sure on the exact length of his contract with M-1, but it doesn't seem likely that Fedor wouldn't re-sign with something he is part-owner of.

Post #4   8/4/09 3:14:32PM   

marcus1

Learning to Sprawl

Career:137-112
Chips:
I do realize that but on the other hand maybe the guy would like to fight some actual comptition. Maybe he will come to his senses. Maybe he will shed his shitty management and do what is best for him and not M1.... Those are BIG maybes. I do not see it happening but a guy can dream can't he? VIVA LA CAN CRUSHER!

Post #5   8/4/09 3:52:23PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by marcus1

I do realize that but on the other hand maybe the guy would like to fight some actual comptition. Maybe he will come to his senses. Maybe he will shed his shitty management and do what is best for him and not M1.... Those are BIG maybes. I do not see it happening but a guy can dream can't he? VIVA LA CAN CRUSHER!

Well his last fight was against a guy everyone thought was so fantastic, then he lost two in a row and he`s not real competition. Oh the world of mma.

Post #6   8/4/09 6:46:12PM