Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who would you like to see Tito fight first?

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:

Posted by IriShame

Ryan Bader.

For a couple of reasons.

One, I think they match up very well stylistically. Will Tito be able to take Bader down? Will Bader try to take the fight to the mat or will he choose to stand and strike with Tito? Does Ortiz still have what it takes to compete with an athlete of Baders level after back surgery and a year and a half layoff?

Two, it's a good fight for both fighters at this point in their respective careers. If Tito wins he answers all the questions about his health and potential ring rust and will automatically earn himself a fight with a legitmate big name contender. If Bader wins he notches the biggest win of his young career and instantly becomes himself a legitmate big name contender.

If Tito loses he's still Tito, people know him and like to watch him fight, winning or losing. It will make Bader "that guy that stomped Tito" to millions of casual MMA fans. If Bader loses, it will be shrugged off as a learning experience for a young fighter with huge potential.

No matter what the outcome, the real winner would be us because we'd get to watch a kick ass fight.

Fantastic ******* idea. Ryan Bader is the perfect match up for Tito for all of the reasons you mentioned.

Post #16   8/2/09 2:52:55AM   

Violence108

Standup Guy

Violence108 Avatar

Career:629-417
Camp: Wolfpack Crew
Chips:
I think Coleman would be a good fight for Tito to come back to, Mark coming off that win over Bonnar, and Tito comeing back to the UFC, i think it would be a very good fight, Everyone is counting Coleman out like they did against Bonnar and look what happend, but Tito is a better wrestler than Bonnar so i dont think that Coleman will take him down that easy if at all and i think that Tito could use this fight to show is stand up,he said he was working with Freddie Roach so i would like him to keep the fight on the feet , still anyone they give him Tito will make it a fight thats for sure, but i dont see that as a mainevent type fight, unless it was a fight night which wont happend because Tito is a huge PPV seller so why give up the numbers . Hopefully he will be on the end of the year card, which is looking pretty badass
Rashad Evan vs Rampage Jackson
Frank Mir vs. Chieck Kongo
Tito Ortiz vs . Mark Coleman - hopefully

WAR TITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #17   8/2/09 12:43:44PM   

quietriot85

Learning to Sprawl

Career:109-66
Camp: Grande Cajones Fight Camp
Chips:
Jon Jones. Tito would be a nice stepping stone for the future champ

Post #18   8/2/09 3:05:30PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,369-1,414
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i would say give him Matt Hamill...

Post #19   8/3/09 12:35:18PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

i would say give him Matt Hamill...

I would like to see Hamill win that one, I think he could too

Post #20   8/3/09 9:05:48PM   

Aleks_Smash

MMA Regular

Aleks_Smash Avatar

Career:694-497
Chips:
Ortiz vs Coleman makes really good sense. A 44 year old Mark Coleman is coming off a a 3rd round TKO from shogun rua and a decision victory over Stephan Bonnar. Tito is coming off a draw with rashad Evans and most recently a decision loss to Lyoto Machida. I see Tito finishing mark Coleman by TKO in the first round. If Mark wins somehow its by ref stoppage in the second round because tito just doesn't have it.

sometimes lives play out like movies. mark Coleman is trying to do some randy couture **** for a LHW title. and hes got to beat Tito get a step closer. Tito is making a comeback after a successful back surgery to prove hes the bad boy from back in the day.

i think its Titos time and mark Coleman's story ends with a huge upset at the biggest event of the UFC's history at UFC 100.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #21   8/3/09 10:13:15PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
why would tito fight in memphis when 3 weeks later is the big show in vegas,
tito wants vegas!!!

Post #22   8/3/09 11:15:47PM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:
I would not mind seeing Brandon Vera move up the rankings with a win over Tito

Post #23   8/3/09 11:23:54PM   

thunderstruck

MMA Regular

Career:30-13
Chips:
i think chuck liddel would be a good rematch for tito to get a somewhat name opponent thats somewhat easily beatable these days plus give him revenge all at once . im sure chuck would love to fight him again . only thing is dana will more than likely not want this to happen . i know him and the iceman are good friends , but forcing a 40 year old liddel to retire cause hes too old is stupid when your pairing tito against a 45 year old coleman instead . other potential opponents i would like to see soon is a rematch with rashad /forrest and eventually if he beats those a rematch with machida . sure tito got outpointed badly , but he is the man who came the closest to finishing the dragon , so id be interested .

Post #24   8/4/09 10:17:44AM   

the_01

MMA Regular

the_01 Avatar

Career:487-358
Chips:
Having the fact that Tito is DRIED OUT via Jenna Jameson, with rusty joints due to lack of liquids in his body, I think Colman is perfect.

Post #25   8/5/09 11:39:43PM   

juggernautakira

MMA Regular

Career:519-347
Camp: Super Karate Monkey Death Car
Chips:

Posted by thunderstruck

i think chuck liddel would be a good rematch for tito to get a somewhat name opponent thats somewhat easily beatable these days plus give him revenge all at once . im sure chuck would love to fight him again . only thing is dana will more than likely not want this to happen . i know him and the iceman are good friends , but forcing a 40 year old liddel to retire cause hes too old is stupid when your pairing tito against a 45 year old coleman instead . other potential opponents i would like to see soon is a rematch with rashad /forrest and eventually if he beats those a rematch with machida . sure tito got outpointed badly , but he is the man who came the closest to finishing the dragon , so id be interested .

I wouldnt be interested in seeing a Chuck vs. Tito fight whatsoever. Their last fights werent close. Now that Chuck has had devastating losses, is he liekly to lose? In other words, neither outcome would surprise me, so how exciting would it really be?

Post #26   8/6/09 10:33:59AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by juggernautakira

I wouldnt be interested in seeing a Chuck vs. Tito fight whatsoever. Their last fights werent close. Now that Chuck has had devastating losses, is he liekly to lose? In other words, neither outcome would surprise me, so how exciting would it really be?

Agreed 100%. That was probably the 5th or 6th time that I've read someone suggesting that a Chuck/Tito fight would be a good fight.

There should NEVER be a 3rd match between two guys UNLESS each fighter has beaten the other once (aka a "rubber match").

Post #27   8/6/09 10:36:55AM   

juggernautakira

MMA Regular

Career:519-347
Camp: Super Karate Monkey Death Car
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Agreed 100%. That was probably the 5th or 6th time that I've read someone suggesting that a Chuck/Tito fight would be a good fight.

There should NEVER be a 3rd match between two guys UNLESS each fighter has beaten the other once (aka a "rubber match").

Insert reminder of Rampage vs. Silva fight here. :)

Then again, THOSE fights werent one sided...err, until the KOs.

Post #28   8/6/09 12:42:09PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
saw a interview on him
more humble than ever, said and welcomed fight with coleman,
no date yet but open to nov, dec or jan card

Post #29   8/6/09 1:11:07PM   

thunderstruck

MMA Regular

Career:30-13
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

but tito vs vera is epic ? coleman ? come on guys ..seriously ..

i beg to differ . wand destroyed page there first two fights . when they announced a third (wand up 2-0 ) i was so excited i almost pissed myself . also worthy to note that page got one back from a guy who had 2 fight wins on him . i see this reasoning to be flawed personally .

Post #30   8/8/09 12:47:36PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3