Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 2009: Undisputed patch notes

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
The martial arts fighting/wrestling game UFC 2009: Undisputed has received a patch update for Xbox 360 and European PS3 territories.

A North American PS3 patch is said to be forthcoming. The patch addresses a few exploits and overdue fixes, as detailed in the changelog below:

UFC 2009: Undisputed patch notes:

• Online matches will better support issues with users who leave a match. The game will now detect users who disconnect and will assign a “Loss,” as well as a “Did Not Finish (DNF),” to that player. The DNF is only assigned to the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the “Online Ranked Match.” When disconnected, the “Winning Streak” is also reset to zero.
• Ranked Matches have been adjusted to match players with better connections.
• The difficulty of performing submissions against computer opponents has been adjusted to improve the balance of submissions vs. striking.
• The Flash Knockouts rate has been adjusted so they are less frequent.
• The maximum number of points awarded in online play has been increased from 99,999 to 999,999. The “Max Level” has also been increased from 100 to 200.
• The “Winning Streak” bonus maximum has been moved from 5 to 3.
• Decimal places on the “Leader Board Winning Percentage” have been changed so that only whole percentages are shown.
• Create-a-Fighter (CAF) issues have been addressed so that the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also, any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used online.
• For PLAYSTATION 3 system users, game freezes during auto-saves have been eliminated. The controller used to “Press Start” on the title screen will be identified as the main controller.

Link

I want to thank all of you for the support in making UFC 2009: Undisputed such an amazing success. That being said I want to you to know we’ve been working hard on fixing some of the issues found in the online experience. Hit the jump for the list of fixes.
1. We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.
2. We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.
3. We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
4. We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
5. We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
6. We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
7. We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.
8. We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.
9. For PS3 users we’ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.

Rest assured our entire team plays A LOT of online matches and we read the boards every day, so we are well aware of the issues. We want to make sure we patch this correctly so it is taking a bit of time, but I can confidently say we’ll be releasing this patch soon.

Stay tuned and thanks again for your support.

link

Last edited 8/1/09 1:54AM server time by slapshot
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   8/1/09 1:48:17AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
These are much needed patches, and I'm glad they finally owned up to some of the holes in the game.

Many including myself have been going on and on about how insanely difficult the subs are to pull off on the comp, and still there were guys from THQ coming into forums explaining why it is the way it is--basically because they didn't want to have guys getting subbed in the first minute--which I think is ridiculous, but it's fixed now...hopefully...so maybe I'll dust it off and get back to playing.

Post #2   8/1/09 2:32:02AM   

shevtheman

MMA Regular

shevtheman Avatar

Career:240-127
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:
what about the online lag??

Post #3   8/1/09 8:04:47AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:

Posted by shevtheman

what about the online lag??

Lag is mainly caused by the people playing the game - Ive only had like 5 laggy games I can remember. It does say they're matching up people with better connections now though so it shouldnt be a problem.

Post #4   8/1/09 9:05:51AM   

shevtheman

MMA Regular

shevtheman Avatar

Career:240-127
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:
Oh ok fingers crossed that will fix it then but i can say ive played it on a 360 and on another persons ps3 at their house and both times theres been lag. Tbh though this is probably more due to the appalling internet speeds in UK more than anything an UFC obviously takes more bandwidth than say COD.

Post #5   8/1/09 9:10:27AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,040-1,148
Chips:
Music to my ears

Post #6   8/1/09 9:36:43AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i am glad i don't play online

Post #7   8/1/09 9:52:02AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Chips:
Well the part about not being able to use CAFs with maxed stats online is B.S. I just played a guy who was rated 111.......

Post #8   8/1/09 12:38:14PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,532-794
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Well the part about not being able to use CAFs with maxed stats online is B.S. I just played a guy who was rated 111.......

its referring to the stats cheat glitch, u can max out stats using a glitch those CAFs dont work on online mode im assuming career mode players with high stats still work

Post #9   8/1/09 12:58:37PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by Aaronno9

its referring to the stats cheat glitch, u can max out stats using a glitch those CAFs dont work on online mode im assuming career mode players with high stats still work

Well the dude I was playing had all 60's for his cario, stregnth and speed and thats usually a tell tale sign of a glitched character...

Post #10   8/1/09 1:08:47PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
How do you glitch em out again?....

Post #11   8/1/09 2:11:37PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,532-794
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

How do you glitch em out again?....

CAF Stat Glitch
by Jacoda on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:39 pm

Create a fighter in the regular create a fighter mode as you normally would, spending your skill points however you want, then finish and and save.

Go to create a fighter and then when the new fighter/load screen pops up you want to load your fighter. Now you should have a picture of your fighter with the option to load the fighter. Before you do that, press the Y button to preview fighter, then once the full figure is shown press X to toggle stats then press X again to close the stats. Now press A to load the fighter. Once he loads go to the fighter skills and you should have another 3024 points to use again, along with the skills that you have already set when creating him. Use them, go to finish, auto save and repeat the process over and over until you have 100 in every category. This only works for fighter skills and not your attributes (strength, speed, & cardio).

this may not work after the patch

Post #12   8/1/09 9:27:12PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Well the dude I was playing had all 60's for his cario, stregnth and speed and thats usually a tell tale sign of a glitched character...

My career mode fighter has 70's in cario strength and speed and I have not cheated.

Post #13   8/1/09 11:58:30PM   

Givershit

MMA Regular

Career:326-185
Chips:
Patch is crap. Great fixes but I haven't been able to logon since the patch install not to mention it gave me a dnf for a dropped connection before the bell rung. What?

Post #14   8/2/09 1:17:07PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,903-1,083
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I love the patch... those who cheated get to wear their 90% DNF stat like a scarlet letter. It has been fun watching level 75+ players drop like a stone now that they can't string together win streaks and can't win a fight.

Post #15   8/2/09 1:22:14PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2