Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Josh Barnett's "B" sample also positive for anabolic steroid

Print  
Posted By Message

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,442-795
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Josh Barnett, the would-be "Affliction: Trilogy" headliner who was denied a license for the fight because of a failed drug test, wasn't cleared of any wrongdoing by his "B" sample.

In an email to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), a California State Athletic Commission representative confirmed the sample tested positive for a metabolite of the anabolic steroid Drostanolone.

LINK

Post #1   8/1/09 12:34:00AM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
this is a sample from the same cup of p*ss not a retest? If it's not a retest then I dont think it meens a whole lot, even with a retest I think he would use a better masking agent to pass it.

Post #2   8/1/09 1:34:34AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by scobac

this is a sample from the same cup of p*ss not a retest? If it's not a retest then I dont think it meens a whole lot, even with a retest I think he would use a better masking agent to pass it.

Pretty sure they test for masking agents also

Post #3   8/1/09 1:40:37AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Chips:

Posted by scobac

Masking agents get tested for. The purpose of a second sample is to remove the possibility of any sort of contamination from the equipment, resulting in a false positive.

Post #4   8/1/09 2:20:01AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Chips:
What's legal in Japan isn't legal here, plain and simple.

You need to know the rules for the country you are competing in.

What he did is only against the rules on a country by country basis; he didn't break a worldwide rule. Still you have to know you're going to have to take a test to get your license well before the fight happens and make sure to have any possible positives out of your system.

With both being positive it's obvious either he thought it would've been out of his system by the time he tested, or he took something without truly knowing what it was. No athlete would intentionally gets a positive.

Post #5   8/1/09 2:35:19AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

With both being positive it's obvious either he thought it would've been out of his system by the time he tested, or he took something without truly knowing what it was. No athlete would intentionally gets a positive.

Considering his history of positive tests, I think we can rule out Josh unknowingly consuming anything.

Post #6   8/1/09 2:44:10AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Kpro

Considering his history of positive tests, I think we can rule out Josh unknowingly consuming anything.

You mean those weren't Sweet Tarts that I unknowingly crushed up and injected into my buttocks ?

Post #7   8/1/09 2:54:04AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Wow-shocker- Barnett B sample is positive too. 3rd times the charm I guess?
Wouldn't it be nice if Barnett puled a Franca and actually told the truth. I think an actual confession, and monthly test for the rest of his career, are the only things that will save him from being a non-entity in the eyes of most fans forever now.

Last edited 8/1/09 4:04PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #8   8/1/09 4:32:19AM   

ziegler3334

Standup Guy

ziegler3334 Avatar

Career:547-284
Chips:
I'm not glad he tested positive, but i really can't stand barnett, especially after all that crap he said about florian.

Post #9   8/1/09 9:30:43AM   

decken

Standup Guy

decken Avatar

Career:471-314
Chips:

Posted by ziegler3334

I'm not glad he tested positive, but i really can't stand barnett, especially after all that crap he said about florian.

You can't be too mad at Barnett he needed someone to vent his roid rage on.

Post #10   8/1/09 3:42:55PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by scobac

Masking agents get tested for.

Not only to the test for them, but they are banned too.

Post #11   8/1/09 6:14:21PM