Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White confirms the addition of multiple former Affliction fighters

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
During today’s conference call with the media, UFC President Dana White confirmed the addition of multiple former Affliction fighters to both the UFC and WEC roster.

STORY

Post #1   7/31/09 3:31:04PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:
somewhere else mentioned Buentello

only one with any shot of winning ANY fights in the UFC is Rothwell

couldn't Dana at least got Horodeski!? I want to see him get KOed again

Post #2   7/31/09 4:02:45PM   

Menard_StC

MMA Regular

Menard_StC Avatar

Career:1,052-623
Chips:
Psyched about Semtex.... sure, he doesn't have the ground game to be very competetive, but put him in there with Spencer Fisher and Thiago Alves types guys and there will be fireworks.

Post #3   7/31/09 4:06:43PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by McBee

Oliveira, lauzon and gormley are all good prospects IMO and think they have a chance to win fights in the ufc, although oliveria I think is best suited for the wec

Post #4   7/31/09 4:29:49PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by scobac

Posted by McBee

Oliveira, lauzon and gormley are all good prospects IMO and think they have a chance to win fights in the ufc, although oliveria I think is best suited for the wec

"prospects" is a good word, but unless they are staffing up a TUF these guys are not at par yet, maybe at a Britain show but fighting UFC fighters with a couple of wins is a losing proposition

Post #5   7/31/09 4:39:34PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Is daley actually in the UFC because there was a thing where it said Daley was still hadnt signed with the UFC.

Post #6   7/31/09 5:43:51PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,903-1,083
Chips:

Posted by McBee

Posted by scobac

Posted by McBee

"prospects" is a good word, but unless they are staffing up a TUF these guys are not at par yet, maybe at a Britain show but fighting UFC fighters with a couple of wins is a losing proposition

I'd rather watch any of those guys fight in the UFC than most of the recent TUF also-rans.

Post #7   7/31/09 6:38:39PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Posted by McBee

Posted by scobac

Posted by McBee

I'd rather watch any of those guys fight in the UFC than most of the recent TUF also-rans.

not many also rans have been making it recently

maybe they will start doing the friday night fights thing they were thinking, so many lightweights it is hard to fit them all, I would also want to see a lot of the people the but progress in the UFC instead of inking by in smaller orgs

Post #8   7/31/09 6:42:51PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
daley is fighting at 103 as well as dan lauzon is
i still think they grab buentello, but i know buentello has ties with strikeforce as well,
glad to see belfort back but i want him at 185 not 205 he should be fighting hendo at 103

Post #9   7/31/09 6:52:45PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,649-899
Chips:
I do not think many of these fighters will have a lot of success in the UFC. Dan Lauzon is a good prospect, but he needs more development outside the UFC, maybe in the WEC, before I would be willing to consider him ready for that black hole of a lightweight division. At the very least, Paul Daley has the opportunity for good matchups; I don't think he'll be a top ten any time soon, but with good matchmaking, there are a lot of exciting fight-of-the-night candidates out there for him.

I like Javier Vasquez in the WEC. That's the best news on the list.

Post #10   7/31/09 7:14:15PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,975-1,117
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Vitor is nice, but other than the obvious Fedor, I really wanted Mousassi. I think he could give Machiada good fight, and I would only make it 60/40 in Machidas favor right now if they fought. So while i don't fault the UFC for Fedor, I really think they made mistake not going harder after Mousasi.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   7/31/09 7:36:05PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
I think all in all the UFC picked up some good guys...whether or not they will be successful only time will tell...I hope the UFC does put together a Friday night fights...it really would be an awesome way to get their up and comers on the TV and make them more marketable when it comes to time to put them on the pay per views....if they did that they could just do away with tuf....hell even steal Bellators premise and do multiple tournaments only all year long...the winners go to the ppv's and the losers try again next year.

Post #12   7/31/09 8:10:35PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,524-1,841
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
Hopefully Hominick's luck in WEC is better this time around.

Post #13   7/31/09 9:10:05PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
I'd like to see them nab up Gilbert Yvell, lol.

Post #14   8/1/09 2:50:44AM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

I'd like to see them nab up Gilbert Yvell, lol.

absolutely...i've been dissapointed by the lack his name being mentioned...hopefully he's one of the guys still in negotiations.

Post #15   8/1/09 8:29:45AM