Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor: In his own words

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
LINK TO VID

Recap (in my words): He is NOT demanding co-promotion, but has a 3 fight deal with M-1 so for now, he has no choice. He also is not against exclusitivity. Doesn't think he's a great fighter and doesn't care about rankings or legacy.

Post #1   7/31/09 2:50:46PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
Got to love Fedor. He is so humble. The way I see it, it's like getting a Japanese baseball player from Japan. First you have to compensate the Japanese team he is on to get rights to him. Since Fedor still has 3 fights left on his contract M1 needs to be compensated. The Red Sox paid $51 million to Daisuke's Japanese team just for the rights to negotiate with him.

Post #2   7/31/09 3:34:33PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,275-1,280
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
As far as i'm concerned offering them a cut of the PPV money was doing just that.

It seems to me that what M1 is asking for in your analogy would be the equivalent of that Japanese baseball team asking to co-promote every single Boston Red Sox game and share equally in all the teams profits.

Post #3   7/31/09 3:40:07PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
The Japanese team probably would want to co-promote if they weren't compensated with the $51 million. Basically the UFC needs to buy the rights of Fedor from M1. So M1 says in 3 fights we would have made X amount of dollars with Fedor. Pay us that amount and you can have him.

Post #4   7/31/09 3:57:49PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:
How many fights is the M-1 Global contract!? he has already fought like 3 or 4 times under them Lindland, Sylvia and Arlovski was their anyone else? spanning over how many years if there is so much in between time every fight.

Go fight three quick fights with Strikeforce/CBS(Overeem, Rogers and I ran out of fighters) and then come back to the negotiation table with the UFC with Vadim the agent not the Corp. But I do not wish ill for Coker so maybe make an agreement with dream or sokagou or whatever, fighting two no name 7 foot guys and Barnett(WWE Rules) we do not need two japanese promotions anyway. I only know two of their stable of fighters each.

Post #5   7/31/09 3:59:14PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BigIP

The Japanese team probably would want to co-promote if they weren't compensated with the $51 million. Basically the UFC needs to buy the rights of Fedor from M1. So M1 says in 3 fights we would have made X amount of dollars with Fedor. Pay us that amount and you can have him.

I'd be willing to bet that, if that IS the case, it's already been addressed.

It comes down to co-promotion and co-promotion only. I highly doubt that M-1 is interested in a contract buyout. They want to milk this thing for everything it's worth, which is why they're trying to negotiate a co-promotion in the first place.

Post #6   7/31/09 3:59:51PM   

Shadymlm

MMA Regular

Shadymlm Avatar

Career:27-16
Chips:
Dana White said it best "Fedor doesnt want to fight the best so f*** him" IMO Fedor = best P4P chicken. Youre only as good as your competition.

Post #7   7/31/09 4:02:15PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shadymlm

Dana White said it best "Fedor doesnt want to fight the best so f*** him" IMO Fedor = best P4P chicken. Youre only as good as your competition.

Randy could not get around the UFC how do you expect Fedor to get around a Russian company with a KGB pistol at his back.

Fedor wants the UFC but he has to fight three more for the ***** and then come back to the table

for the m a f i a

Post #8   7/31/09 4:05:49PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by McBee

How many fights is the M-1 Global contract!? he has already fought like 3 or 4 times under them Lindland, Sylvia and Arlovski was their anyone else? spanning over how many years if there is so much in between time every fight.

He has fought 3/6 fights towards his M1 contract. The Lindland fight was prior to the M1 contract. Choi, Sylvia and Arlovski.

His contract was 6 fights and 2 years. The 2 years is up very soon.

Post #9   7/31/09 4:23:52PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by McBee

He has fought 3/6 fights towards his M1 contract. The Lindland fight was prior to the M1 contract. Choi, Sylvia and Arlovski.

His contract was 6 fights and 2 years. The 2 years is up very soon.

but Bodog was always pushing M-1, 2 years is not up yet? years does not really matter when he kills every organization that tries to pay him.

Post #10   7/31/09 4:26:32PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

LINK TO VID

Recap (in my words): He is NOT demanding co-promotion, but has a 3 fight deal with M-1 so for now, he has no choice. He also is not against exclusitivity. Doesn't think he's a great fighter and doesn't care about rankings or legacy.

Then we can all blame M-1. Whether he is ignorant of the truth , or unable to accept the UFC's offer with the UFC becuase of his m-1 contract , I still don't think this is the UFC's fault . The gave more money, gave on the sambo, and were even willing to let Fedor sport M-1 signage all over their PPV's.M-1 gave nothing at all, and then have the audacity to say the UFC isn't negotiating . Dude should straight up be a political spin doctor. M-1-Vadim-the ruskiemafia-whatever-Co-promotion is not a reasonable demand .Yes, I kind of pitty Fedor situation, but I am still pissed over the whole thing. So lets all hope Fedor beats down Alistair/Rogers/and Werdum quickly, can actually get out of his M-1 deal after that, and then come to the UCFC. M-1 is still delusional hippys in my book.

Last edited 7/31/09 7:37PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   7/31/09 6:33:36PM   

cheesy-maggot

MMA Regular

cheesy-maggot Avatar

Career:315-196
Camp: Camp Angio
Chips:

Posted by Shadymlm

With what he said it seems like he does want to come to the UFC, he just can't. Idk why that would make him a chicken.

Post #12   7/31/09 6:34:46PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by McBee

but Bodog was always pushing M-1, 2 years is not up yet? years does not really matter when he kills every organization that tries to pay him.

Fedor committed to a non-exclusive, two-year and six-fight deal with M-1 Global in October 2007, which was after he fought Lindland. Also, Lindland was the only BoDog fight he did.

Fedor Signs with M1

Post #13   7/31/09 6:52:15PM   

jascri

Learning to Sprawl

jascri Avatar

Career:7-10
Chips:
Why would he even nogotiate with the UFC if he has 3 fights or 2 years left on his contract with M-1? Just to piss people off and make himself look like a puss.
I'm with most everyone else: there's no one for fedor to fight except in the UFC, so if he's not fighting in the UFC than I can care less about what scrubs he fights or what he does in his career. It's time to forget about Fedor and M-1 and get on the real athletes of MMA. Like HENDO!!!!!

Post #14   7/31/09 8:55:19PM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

As far as i'm concerned offering them a cut of the PPV money was doing just that.

It seems to me that what M1 is asking for in your analogy would be the equivalent of that Japanese baseball team asking to co-promote every single Boston Red Sox game and share equally in all the teams profits.

dude your avatar is awesom. what fight was that and what kind of inverted triangle was that. ive seen ryan hall pull it off from his back in north south position but not like that

Post #15   7/31/09 9:04:13PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2