Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White and the UFC Brass Got Played By Fedor Emelianenko Because They Love the Sport

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Many in the UFC were uncomfortable even with this, the largest guarantee they have made in their history. Company insiders expressed concerns about Fedor's doughy physique, his inability to speak English, and the difficulty of working with his management team. Still, these insiders say that Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta are absolutely obsessed with getting Fedor in the company.

"They sometimes let their heart control their brain," an insider said. "It's like when they paid too much for PRIDE. It makes them crazy that they don't have this guy in the company."

STORY

Post #1   7/31/09 10:35:07AM   

dangerfield

MMA Regular

dangerfield Avatar

Career:385-223
Chips:
Great article.

And very true.

Post #2   7/31/09 10:41:46AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I have to agree. As much as Dana pisses me of sometimes, he is still a fan at heart. While that may lead him to overextend & embarrass himself ,and the UFC at times, i prefer it to some bean counter who's only criteria is making the most money he can.

β€œNever violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   7/31/09 10:54:24AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Good article...notice there's a quote included from one of our members "szucconi" that hasn't posted in a long time.

Post #4   7/31/09 10:55:04AM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
Everyone has Stockholm Syndrome for Dana and pals.

Post #5   7/31/09 12:04:30PM   

bootyclause

MMA Regular

Career:1,044-777
Chips:
its not a good article. The real "internet fanboys" are always whining about UFC not having the top guys that can be had. Then when UFC actually tries to get a top guy, they get called "internet fanboys" who are making a bad business deal just because they want the top guy.

You have to decide - do you like UFC and want them to get guys or do you hate on UFC and want the sport be split apart with top guys fighting cans on the other side of the world in the middle of the night.

If you want the top guys in top fights then you want Fedor in the UFC. you know this writer is the kind of whiny guy that complained all this time that the UFC doesnt have all the top guys - then he turns around and kicks dirt on them when they try to get Fedor. Maddening.

Post #6   7/31/09 1:23:13PM   

MMA_Alex

MMA Regular

Career:628-325
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

its not a good article. The real "internet fanboys" are always whining about UFC not having the top guys that can be had. Then when UFC actually tries to get a top guy, they get called "internet fanboys" who are making a bad business deal just because they want the top guy.

You have to decide - do you like UFC and want them to get guys or do you hate on UFC and want the sport be split apart with top guys fighting cans on the other side of the world in the middle of the night.

If you want the top guys in top fights then you want Fedor in the UFC. you know this writer is the kind of whiny guy that complained all this time that the UFC doesnt have all the top guys - then he turns around and kicks dirt on them when they try to get Fedor. Maddening.

What article did you read? I'm pretty sure he's complimenting the UFC and Dana.

Post #7   7/31/09 1:32:29PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
My honest opinion on this is fedor is playing dana because of all the crap he's said about him. Fedor doesn't need money, he lives in an apartment in russia, he doesn't care about fame, he barely talks. I would love to see him in the ufc because he is the best fighter on the planet but I probably wouldn't fight for someone who said I sucked.

Post #8   7/31/09 2:00:52PM   

xburbx

MMA Regular

xburbx Avatar

Career:645-394
Camp: rafrojas
Chips:
It doesnt matter how Dana and the UFC make decisions. They are the only MMA league that has done so well, so for every 1 bad decision, they make plenty of good ones. Not saying that getting Fedor is a bad idea, but regardless, they are top notch business men and they wouldnt do something stupid that they couldnt afford. Even though people say they overpaid for pride, think about how much money they have made off pride fighters since the acquisition. I would bet between Anderson Silve, Nogueira, Rampage etc they probably made their money back. Might have thought it was overpaid short term, but clearly is working out long term. You dont make the kind of money they make by making bad decisions.

Post #9   7/31/09 2:36:19PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,566-924
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Great article.

I think when you reflect back at this whole situation,you have to shift the blame on both parties.
I think M1 owes more of the blame currently,but up until just a few months ago I think most of it was on Dana and Zuffa.
I hope the issue gets resolved one day. I'm not sure if it can,and their are a lot of things on the side's of both parties that doesn't help the idea much.
But i'm still optimistic.

Post #10   7/31/09 3:26:16PM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:
I think the REAL reason Fedor hasn't signed is because one of his clauses is to GnP Dana until he is unconscious.

Post #11   7/31/09 3:33:00PM