Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tito Ortiz Hints at UFC Return

Print  
Posted By Message

BrutalKnockOut

MMA Regular

BrutalKnockOut Avatar

Career:466-310
Camp: Team Takeover
Chips:
Tito Ortiz Hints at UFC Return

Tito Ortiz hints at a UFC return in his latest MySpace entry.

Post #1   7/30/09 11:33:10PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
I hope they give him Houston Alexander. This way, Tito can get a quick W, and I can eventually see the look of disappointment on the faces of Tito fans when they sadly realize that Tito can only beat Houston Alexander.

Or a Houston ko, either way.

Seriously though, I don't see him making any sort of impact on the div, but it's sure nice to have someone to adamantly root against.

Post #2   7/31/09 2:07:18AM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
In Tito's last four fights against opponents not named Shamrock, Tito beat a future champion, lost to the current champ, draw (would have won if not point deduction) against another furture champion, and lost to the current champion (yet he did better than anybody else).

I don't see how that isn't proof that he's still relevant.

Post #3   7/31/09 3:48:20AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San
draw (would have lost if he didnt cheat and grab the cage repeatedly) against another furture champion.

corrected your typo

seriously though i hope he comes back with a better attitude and ready to fight. i'm more interested in seeing him fight than Fedor at this point.

Post #4   7/31/09 4:54:38AM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

In Tito's last four fights against opponents not named Shamrock, Tito beat a future champion, lost to the current champ, draw (would have won if not point deduction) against another furture champion, and lost to the current champion (yet he did better than anybody else).

I don't see how that isn't proof that he's still relevant.

in titos last four fights against opponents not named shamrock, he clearly lost to machida, got wuped by chuck, would have beat evans, and should have lost to forrest, his record is 1-2-1 in that time which I dont think indicates relevants. However I think once he gets rid of some cage rust he would be relevant in that division but not based on his recent performances. I think for us (fans) to be able to judge him properly he needs to be active, he has fought 11 times in 7 years, thats only 1.5 times a year(not one fight this year), thats just not good enough. when tito is active like '06 he is a good fighter. Titos biggest down fall throughout his career is inactivity. if he comes back to the ufc I would like to see him active on a regular basis and if he is he might proove to be a force.

PS: his first fight against ken was a relevant victory IMO

Post #5   7/31/09 5:28:24AM