Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Paul 'Semtex' Daley Still in Negotiations with UFC, Others

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
British welterweight Paul "Semtex" Daley is still in negotiations with a number of promotions and a deal with the UFC has not yet been finalized, contrary to the reports Wednesday of a four-fight deal.

"These reports are premature, we have signed nothing," Daley's manager told FanHouse Thursday morning. "We're in talks with groups, one of whom includes the UFC."

STORY

Post #1   7/30/09 1:54:27PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
UFC or S, take your pick.

Post #2   7/30/09 2:13:59PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
His ground game is too lacking to be successful in the UFC IMO. I think he should go somewhere else . Until he improves his ground game I can't see him having more than a punchers chance vs GSP, fitch, Kos, Hughes, Alves, HAzeltt, Davis, Serra, Kampmann,Jhonson, Condit and even Swick or Lylte if they want to go to the ground. He retried and came back a few years ago. If he is in this for the long haul, then he shoudl sign somewhere else, and get better on the ground. If he just wants to make the most cash e can befoeretiring then I think he should go to the UFC. They could throw him on the England cards against a couple of guys who like to stand, and see how he does. If he could beat a Paul Taylor, then they could throw him in against Lytle. After that I don't see him having much chance of going forward in the UFC at present.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   7/30/09 9:06:05PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

UFC or S, take your pick.

There is a country called Japan. He has more than two options.

Post #4   7/31/09 12:02:12PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Daley blows, one dimensional

Post #5   7/10/11 5:27:04PM