Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

THQ exec: "UFC Undisputed" videogame heading to the Nintento Wii platform

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
THQ and the UFC's popular videogame franchise "UFC Undisputed," which debuted earlier this year with a 2009 installment, will soon head to the Nintendo Wii platform.
Link

Post #1   7/30/09 1:21:40PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I still do not understand the fascination with this system. Anyone care to explain? Nintendo games have sucked since SNES. There were a few for N64 that were good, but overall, you have to be 8 in order to enjoy most of the games.

Post #2   7/30/09 1:39:34PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,848-1,057
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I still do not understand the fascination with this system. Anyone care to explain? Nintendo games have sucked since SNES. There were a few for N64 that were good, but overall, you have to be 8 in order to enjoy most of the games.

Wii is different than anything else on the market. Some of the games really work with the motion system, and some really don't. If you try to compare Wii to PS3 or XBOX360 it doesn't work because it doesn't do the same thing. Wii is great for some casual play with a group of people.

That said, UFC on Wii is going to be stupid.

Post #3   7/30/09 2:41:12PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Wii is different than anything else on the market. Some of the games really work with the motion system, and some really don't. If you try to compare Wii to PS3 or XBOX360 it doesn't work because it doesn't do the same thing. Wii is great for some casual play with a group of people.

That said, UFC on Wii is going to be stupid.

I personally don't even think it's great for casual play with a group of people.

The graphics suck. The games are weak. To me, those are the first 2 things I look at when deciding on a system to purchase.

Granted, it all boils down to a matter of opinion, but I still say Nintendo jumped the shark years ago.

Post #4   7/30/09 2:47:38PM   

shevtheman

MMA Regular

shevtheman Avatar

Career:240-127
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:
I played sega olympics (or summit?), mario kart and the boxing game on the Wii in a group environment. All of them sucked.

Post #5   7/30/09 3:14:35PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
Maybe they should concern themselves with patching the MOTHER F-ING glitches and problems with the original release before they consider porting it to a new console.

Post #6   7/30/09 3:32:47PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Maybe they should concern themselves with patching the MOTHER F-ING glitches and problems with the original release before they consider porting it to a new console.

I don't have the game (or an XBox/PS3 for that matter)...what are the glitches/problems?

Post #7   7/30/09 3:35:05PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
IMO, I think the Wii is the most innovative thing for the gaming industry since CDRoms. A ncordless said, there are some games that the motion sensor works for and others that it doesn't. Like any game system out there, there are good and bad games. Graphics, sound, etc. are only part of the gaming experience and who cares about the elements of a game if one is entertained.

That being said, I don't think there is a single cross platform game that has been better on the Wii than other consoles. That's usually because those games are not designed with the Wii in mind, which usually results in game play that doesn't work with the Wii. When you mix that with the fact that the Wii cannot compete with the 360 or PS3 in the broad terms of graphics, it doesn't provide much incentive to play the game on the Wii.

I wouldn't mind it if they made the UFC game for PC.

Post #8   7/30/09 3:37:57PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

I wouldn't mind it if they made the UFC game for PC.

That's what I'm talkin' about! I wouldn't have to buy an XBox if they'd do that.

Post #9   7/30/09 3:40:09PM   

shevtheman

MMA Regular

shevtheman Avatar

Career:240-127
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

I seriously have played it online twice since i bought it and both times even though i won were the most infuriating times of my gaming life lag lag lag then the guy just disappeared after i beat him

Post #10   7/30/09 3:40:26PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,225-1,198
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Tiger woods 10 with the new motion control is nice. Its a huge step up from the regular motion controls. Also, House of the Dead Overkill is fun as hell. Its a light shooter with tons of gore and cursing, along the lines of Grindhouse. Yes, the graphics are lacking and most games are terrible but it is geared towards family and parties, rather than hardcore gaming.

UFC Undisputed is going to look terrible and choppy. I most likely will not purchase it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #11   7/30/09 3:41:41PM   

MMA_Alex

MMA Regular

Career:628-325
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I definitely can't agree with you on that. There were a lot of games for the N64 that were great (just in the order they come to mind):

Zelda: Ocarina of Time (and Majora's Mask)
GoldenEye
Perfect Dark
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo Kazooie (and Tooie)
Super Smash Bros
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1, 2 & 3
Super Mario 64
Mario Party 1, 2 & 3
Mario Tennis
Paper Mario
Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2
etc

Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64 are still widely considered among the top 10 games ever.

Post #12   7/30/09 4:13:24PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:
AGREED - Zelda: Ocarina of Time (and Majora's Mask)
AGREED x 2 - GoldenEye
MEH - Perfect Dark
MEH - Diddy Kong Racing
MEH - Banjo Kazooie (and Tooie)
BLAH - Super Smash Bros
AGREED - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1, 2 & 3
AGREED - Super Mario 64
NEVER PLAYED - Mario Party 1, 2 & 3
DECENT - Mario Tennis
NOPE - Paper Mario
DEFINITE NOPE - Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2
etc

Last edited 7/30/09 4:18PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   7/30/09 4:17:51PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,456-844
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Wrestlemania 2000,and WWF No Mercy kicked ass too!

Post #14   7/30/09 4:30:49PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Wrestlemania 2000,and WWF No Mercy kicked ass too!

I didn't play those, but I played WCW vs NWO and that was pretty good.

Post #15   7/30/09 4:32:28PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2