Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Emelianenko team: More to MMA than UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The difficulties that the Ultimate Fighting Championship has in trying to sign Russian heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko can be traced back to one prevailing attitude among his management team.

"The UFC won't be able to control the whole world," said Vadim Finkelstein, the president of Emelianenko's main promoter, M-1 Global.

STORY

Post #1   7/30/09 9:04:11AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,686-1,525
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i love that finkelstein says money is not the main thing, copromotion leads to one thing, more money for HIM. what a lying snake.

Post #2   7/30/09 9:10:50AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
This guy is a delusional psychotic.

"But M-1 wants to be treated as an equal entity by its U.S. partner."

Guess what? You're not anywhere even remotely close to being an equal entity. The UFC isn't dominating the market in those places simply because they haven't gone there. They are clearly the only company with the ability to spread their franchise around the globe and remain completely stable.

UFC isn't going anywhere and they have a 2 decade head start on everyone else. we've already seen that companies backed by multi billionaires can't remain stable, what does this idiot think he is going to accomplish other than destroying his fighter's reputation utterly and completely while settling for a less beneficial deal with someone else?

Last edited 7/30/09 9:41AM server time by aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   7/30/09 9:30:30AM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:
There's more to MMA than Fedor Emelianenko. At this point I'm over the whole back and forth crap. If he goes elsewhere there will be zero interest.....atleast from me, but what's more important is that there is ZERO competition. Aside from Overeem and Werdum (both which are still not TOP contenders) what else is left? Im begining to wonder if Fedor truly wants to fight the best; or is this just a means to a paycheck. When all is said and done he's gonna be living rich and comfortable......I just don't think he is concerened with being a "fighter". Let's face it if you could get a fat NFL contract even if you hated football you'd sign for a few years until you can live off your earnings and bow out.........
This whole thing sucks.

Post #4   7/30/09 11:59:52AM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Finkelstein is an idiot and Fedor is his pawn not his partner.

Post #5   7/30/09 12:34:12PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,449-799
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He is right there is more to MMA and so far he has had a hand in bankrupting two of those other parts of MMA. On the flip side of the coin there is a lot more to MMA than Fedor. I'm sorry but the time of playing the good guy and we are doing this for MMA is over. We know your full of it and no matter what you say at this point isn't going to change anything. Have fun bankrupting another MMA org because of your greedy demands. StrikeForce is stupid to sign Fedor right now because he will do the same thing for their company that he has done for the last 3 and that's nothing but cost them millions. Dream's life expectancy at this point is maybe a few more months at the most. They are having issue with their TV deals just like Pride did and not near the money to afford to keep things afloat. What makes it even worse is Fedor was loved by fans when he was in those 3 company's that went under and now he has pissed off most of his fans so what do think is going to happen. I will say again StrikeForce is stupid if they don't see the writing on the wall. Fedor and his management don't care about your company and just want to leach off you as much as possible. So what happens when the tit runs dry. The will walk away with half your money and no worries because they had no risk involved. The big thing is what is Fedor going to do once StrikeForce is done?

Post #6   7/30/09 12:35:22PM   

jascri

Learning to Sprawl

jascri Avatar

Career:7-10
Chips:
Fedor was my favorite fighter, but now, after denying the UFC's 30 million dollar contract, which allowed him to compete in Sambo, too. I mean, really, what more does he need? M-1 is killing Fedor's reputation. I'm definantly not interested in seeing him fight some inexperienced meatball who talks a big game. Fedor is done if he doesn't sign with the UFC. I'll never watch any of his fights--there'll be no need to.
And just to make a future prediction. I'll bet as soon as Fedor is washed up in a few years down the road, and hasn't made anywhere near the 30 million that the UFC offered him, he'll come crawling back begging to get into the UFC, and Dana will be like F*ck you buddy.
Fedor and M-1 are a joke.

Post #7   7/30/09 12:37:39PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:

Posted by telnights

He is right there is more to MMA and so far he has had a hand in bankrupting two of those other parts of MMA. On the flip side of the coin there is a lot more to MMA than Fedor. I'm sorry but the time of playing the good guy and we are doing this for MMA is over. We know your full of it and no matter what you say at this point isn't going to change anything. Have fun bankrupting another MMA org because of your greedy demands. StrikeForce is stupid to sign Fedor right now because he will do the same thing for their company that he has done for the last 3 and that's nothing but cost them millions. Dream's life expectancy at this point is maybe a few more months at the most. They are having issue with their TV deals just like Pride did and not near the money to afford to keep things afloat. What makes it even worse is Fedor was loved by fans when he was in those 3 company's that went under and now he has pissed off most of his fans so what do think is going to happen. I will say again StrikeForce is stupid if they don't see the writing on the wall. Fedor and his management don't care about your company and just want to leach off you as much as possible. So what happens when the tit runs dry. The will walk away with half your money and no worries because they had no risk involved. The big thing is what is Fedor going to do once StrikeForce is done?

i agree, and what is he gonna do after strikeforce? hes gonna end up signing a 3 million dollar 6 fight contract with the UFC with only 500k a fight. why not? he'll have to take it if he doesn't want to go broke.

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #8   7/30/09 12:51:50PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I think you should change your caption to "Fedor?" telnights. It would work well with the avatar.

Post #9   7/30/09 12:53:21PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
"The numbers being floated there are a little misleading. The UFC’s offer of $30 million over six fights isn’t a guarantee," Snowden learned from a source. "The number is based on Zuffa’s projections of what Fedor’s take of the PPV money would be, and the numbers they are projecting are based on selling a ton of PPV’s. The actual guarantee for Fedor is much more modest. It’s true that if business stays at record levels Fedor could walk away with $30 million. But that is no guarantee."

Post #10   7/30/09 3:09:35PM