Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

BARNETT RESPONDS TO STEROID ALLEGATIONS

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
A representative of embattled heavyweight Josh Barnett on Wednesday broke her silence after a California State Athletic Commission drug test allegedly flagged him as a steroid user, effectively canceling his bout with Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction “Trilogy.”

Released to the media was a statement from Barnett's manager, Shannon Hooper of Excel Sports Management, which addressed the situation with Affliction and the CSAC.

STORY

Post #1   7/30/09 8:30:29AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
suddenly i dont really care about this so much anymore, i have a new goat in vadim.

Post #2   7/30/09 8:31:43AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

suddenly i dont really care about this so much anymore, i have a new goat in vadim.

Agreed. Can't say I'm really surprised, though.

Post #3   7/30/09 8:36:45AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Wow, shocking. A fighter who tested positive for a banned substance denies it. Wow- his lawyer has a speech blaming someone else , and calling into doubt anything that shows just how guilty he is. javascript:Emote(''); Wow- even though this is the 3rd one he failed, we should suddenly beleive him, becuase we are all stupid
Seriously though, if this were his first time. i could see him trying this , but this is the 3rd. Barnett is just a non-entity in my book now . If you can't win with honor, it's not really winning to me. I'm just removing him from any rankings I have, for the integrity of the sport. If he can't face up to the facts and follow the rules, i just don't want to see him fight anymore.

Last edited 7/30/09 10:30AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   7/30/09 9:51:53AM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:
I too have removed Barnett from my rankings.
If the guy really denies takeing roids then let him take an independent test again and show the results there.

Post #5   7/30/09 12:21:16PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,411-771
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Wow, shocking. A fighter who tested positive for a banned substance denies it. Wow- his lawyer has a speech blaming someone else , and calling into doubt anything that shows just how guilty he is. javascript:Emote(''); Wow- even though this is the 3rd one he failed, we should suddenly beleive him, becuase we are all stupid
Seriously though, if this were his first time. i could see him trying this , but this is the 3rd. Barnett is just a non-entity in my book now . If you can't win with honor, it's not really winning to me. I'm just removing him from any rankings I have, for the integrity of the sport. If he can't face up to the facts and follow the rules, i just don't want to see him fight anymore.

I also removed him from my rankings. Its because after 3 positives I have to think he was using in almost every fight so he earned those rankings by cheating. I also see having him ranked as top 10 HW gives the sport of MMA a bad name. I don't want it to be seen like Pro Wrestling in Japan.

Post #6   7/30/09 12:43:57PM