Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

What the UFC Offered Fedor Emelianenko (Dave Meltzer Update)

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,473-914
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
i'm in shock
if they don't accept this deal than either a) fedor is scared to fight lesnar (which i doubt) or b) finkelstink is the most delusional man since adolf hitler
i'll bet the fact that the ufc has leaked the contents of their offer is a sure sign that fedor has turned it down
this way they can show how hard they tried and how retarded fedor's management is in order to sway public opinion in their favor (it worked for me cause if they don't accept this i vow to never watch fedor fight again)

Last edited 7/30/09 3:33AM server time by fonduktoe
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   7/30/09 3:09:23AM   

DaMaGeInC

MMA Regular

DaMaGeInC Avatar

Career:1,196-786
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
could someone really refuse this

Post #17   7/30/09 3:34:37AM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DaMaGeInC

could someone really refuse this

all signs point to yes

Post #18   7/30/09 3:36:08AM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,486-770
Chips:

Posted by fonduktoe

i'm in shock
if they don't accept this deal than either a) fedor is scared to fight lesnar (which i doubt) or b) finkelstink is the most delusional man since adolf hitler
i'll bet the fact that the ufc has leaked the contents of their offer is a sure sign that fedor has turned it down
this way they can show how hard they tried and how retarded fedor's management is in order to sway public opinion in their favor (it worked for me cause if they don't accept this i vow to never watch fedor fight again)

id have to go with option B

just a note tho who's delusional the evil dictator or the millions of people he controlled like puppets

Post #19   7/30/09 3:41:01AM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by fonduktoe

i'm in shock

id have to go with option B

just a note tho who's delusional the evil dictator or the millions of people he controlled like puppets

kind of a silly question there
manipulated people aren't delusional they've simply been conned
someone who wants to manipulate millions of people to create a super race through force, genocide, and propaganda is delusional
there is a difference between following orders and trying to bend reality to your will
if the head of a housekeeping department told their night janitor he would fire him if he didn't paint the toilets green to keep the goblins out and the janitor does it cause he likes his job than who in this equation is delusional?
p.s. i was just making a goofy comparison so let's not turn this thread into an argument at history class

Last edited 7/30/09 4:04AM server time by fonduktoe
2 total post edits

Post #20   7/30/09 3:48:21AM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:
As for M-1 I've always looked at it like this...

Fedor is CONTRACTED to M-1, if the UFC want to sign a contracted fighter they must pay M-1 a fee to purchase Emelainenko even before personal terms of a contact are discussed. Much like a soccer transfer.

The whole co-promote issue is based around the fact that UFC will sign Fedor whilst his is still under an M-1 contract.

Post #21   7/30/09 3:57:27AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by tomp6581

As for M-1 I've always looked at it like this...

Fedor is CONTRACTED to M-1, if the UFC want to sign a contracted fighter they must pay M-1 a fee to purchase Emelainenko even before personal terms of a contact are discussed. Much like a soccer transfer.

The whole co-promote issue is based around the fact that UFC will sign Fedor whilst his is still under an M-1 contract.

Hence M-1 one getting a piece of the PPV pie as well as promotional opportunities on the telecast.

Post #22   7/30/09 7:51:09AM   

XblacksheepX

MMA Regular

XblacksheepX Avatar

Career:672-359
Chips:

Posted by mentalcase

OFF TOPIC, but the nazi germans were way more than just puppets, they took an active part on what is the unique mass extinction of 6 million completely innocent people, not to mention the world war they started with enthusiasm. I hate it when people bring that up to compare it to something completely different. There's nothing you could compare with NS, it was that much worse!

Post #23   7/30/09 8:15:34AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by XblacksheepX

Posted by mentalcase

OFF TOPIC, but the nazi germans were way more than just puppets, they took an active part on what is the unique mass extinction of 6 million completely innocent people, not to mention the world war they started with enthusiasm. I hate it when people bring that up to compare it to something completely different. There's nothing you could compare with NS, it was that much worse!

You mean 2 world wars

Post #24   7/30/09 8:53:22AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
ok enough talk about the nazis lets get back to finkelstein here.

Last edited 7/30/09 9:42AM server time by hippysmacker

Post #25   7/30/09 9:06:00AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
crazy offer to turn down plus with ufc his poplularity would sky rocket up
i say dump the manager, and if fedor doesn't land in the ufc the world won't end
but grab his brother instead

Post #26   7/30/09 9:26:39AM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
Not sure what good it will do, but anyone can send M-1 global a message from their website. I'm letting them know what a huge mistake they are making by rejecting this offer.

http://www.m-1global.com/lang/en/contact/

Last edited 7/30/09 10:14AM server time by Pyrenus

Post #27   7/30/09 10:13:34AM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:
I say Zuffa should just buy M-1. If they are offering Fedor that much money, might as well buy that promotion.

And Bring Gegard Mousasi With You!

Post #28   7/30/09 10:30:41AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
in another thread i suggested that they buy strikeforce, screw m-1, dont give those idiots a penny. dream is probably done after october, sengoku has been very frugal with spending, and cant afford fedor for more than a couple fights tops before they go into the red in a shrinking japanese mma market. with strikeforce under the zuffa umbrella vadim would have to snap out of his delusions.....then again, he might just be batshit crazy enough to think there are still other options out there.

Post #29   7/30/09 10:52:37AM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:
This is truly disappointing. Fedor's legacy is going to have such a negative impact in the long run from not fighting in the UFC. He is essentially undoing what he spent the past years building up. Sad.

Post #30   7/30/09 11:41:57AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3