Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

A Look into the UFC's offer to Fedor

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Ahhh makes more sense. Also the deals worth nothing if he loses his first fight and is sent packing. Would you guys risk your career in a sport where anything can happen? I mean if they release him he doesn't even have a chance to redeem himself. I want to know the whole contract before I pass judgment.

Post #31   7/30/09 3:48:46PM   

MMA_Alex

MMA Regular

Career:628-325
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Ahhh makes more sense. Also the deals worth nothing if he loses his first fight and is sent packing. Would you guys risk your career in a sport where anything can happen? I mean if they release him he doesn't even have a chance to redeem himself. I want to know the whole contract before I pass judgment.

So what if he loses his first fight? The UFC wouldn't boot him out, since he would have just lost to the champion, which is completely fine (Henderson lost to 2 in a row and was still considered one of the best).

If he DOESN'T take the contract, and loses outside of the UFC, he can kiss his status as the top HW goodbye, because he would be losing to lower level HW's at that point. And you can bet he won't get this offer from the UFC if he loses.

So, really, the only risk Fedor can take is NOT going with this contract.

Post #32   7/30/09 4:25:45PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3