Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor To headline EA sports MMA game- still in Negotiatons with the UFC -and others

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
It's not new for elite athletes to have special concession built into their contracts. For example Roger Clemens was allowed to stay with his family instead of travel for away games he was not pitching in when he was on the Astro's. Barry Bonds was given a special recliner chair in the clubhouse. Expections are always made for the BEST athletes. Fedor is the best and since they made an exception for Randy with the EA game so they should let Fedor as well.

Post #16   7/29/09 9:27:16PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Dear Hippysmacker,

The newspost is no place for your unfounded opinions.

I may have to make a citizens moderation on you.

Post #17   7/29/09 10:40:55PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,394-765
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Nightmare27

To be honest Im kind of glad that he's on the game and most likely not going to the UFC. I hope that he fights in Strikeforce and helps to make them a serious threat to the UFC. Right now its a monopoly and only Fedor has the star power to level the playing field. I would love to see Fedor vs Brock but I personally dont feel that he's put in his time yet. Id rather see him fight Randy after he took a stand against the UFC. Just a thought.

Yeah because it worked out so well for the last two company's he was with. Fedor's star power isn't what you think it is. StrikeForce is mainly a US based company and Fedor doesn't have much drawing power here. To be honest he most likely isn't even worth the asking price to StrikeForce.

The other thing people don't seam to under stand whats going on here.

“We are open,” Finkelstein said. “We do want to work with the UFC. We do want to work with other promotions.”

What he really means is he wants to work with the UFC as long as the UFC co-promotes Fedor and gives them a cut of the profit. On top of that pay Fedor his money.

Finkelstein said the UFC made a new offer to Emelianenko, and M-1 Global made a counteroffer. However, Finkelstein said Emeliananko would not proceed without a co-promotional effort between M-1 and the UFC where they shared expenses and profits.

Yet again showing why this will never happen. Why would the UFC who has the brand name and audience share profits. M-1 only has Fedor nothing more to offer and they expect the UFC to share profits. That is just crazy to think they would ever do anything like that and would be stupid of them to agree to it.

StrikeForce would be stupid to sign him as well under those terms. StrikeForce last known event payroll was 588,000. Now lets say Fedor cost 4 million per show and say M-1 payed half of his pay. That's still 4 times what the pay of one of their avg show cost. Is it really a shock that Affliction went under and M-1 Global lost its US investors. M-1 wants to half the profits without hardly any risk. Fedor is a great fighter but he doesnt have the drawing power in the US to demand these kind of terms and even if he did have huge drawing power in the US it not worth the terms.

This is classic strong arm tactics and if this is what it takes to sign Fedor I say good luck trying to find someone that's stupid enough to agree to those terms. More less finding worthy opponents.

Post #18   7/29/09 11:00:01PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Apperently your wrong tel, according to the ufc's offer they are giving up some ppv profits to m-1. Sick bending by the ufc and if they don't take it then may they never fight again.

Post #19   7/30/09 12:03:41AM   

jascri

Learning to Sprawl

jascri Avatar

Career:7-10
Chips:
Boy, I wish everybody would just forget about Fedor coming to the UFC. Yea, it would be great for the fans and the sport, but, make no mistake about it: Fedor does not want to fight in the UFC. Not for the fans and not for the sport. It's all business and nothing more to this man.

Post #20   7/30/09 12:23:09AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,568-1,469
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by jascri

Boy, I wish everybody would just forget about Fedor coming to the UFC. Yea, it would be great for the fans and the sport, but, make no mistake about it: Fedor does not want to fight in the UFC. Not for the fans and not for the sport. It's all business and nothing more to this man.

thats fine though, its his job so it is a business, not signing for the offer he got is whats ludicrous

Post #21   7/30/09 12:35:25AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,394-765
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Apperently your wrong tel, according to the ufc's offer they are giving up some ppv profits to m-1. Sick bending by the ufc and if they don't take it then may they never fight again.

Yeah I read it too...If its true I'm shocked the UFC was willing to give up that much to get Fedor. But hey MMA fans cant say the UFC isnt trying. But same time if they turned down a deal like this it makes M-1 and Fedor look like a joke. I don't think I would ever care to see Fedor fight again if this is true and they turned it down.

There isn't an excuse in the world that could fix my perspective of Fedor and his managements. I have hard time thinking anyone is stupid enough to turn down a deal like this so I have to really think they are avoiding fighting in the UFC because they are not as confident in Fedor as his fans are. I'm not so sure Fedor will have many fans left if they turn a deal this good down and they cant tell us Strikeforce or Dream can even come close to offering what the UFC deal is offering. All I can think of is there goes the legacy of a great fighter.

Last edited 7/30/09 1:10AM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #22   7/30/09 1:05:43AM   

ultimateweapon

MMA Regular

ultimateweapon Avatar

Career:330-191
Chips:
fedor fears the beast known as brock lesnar lol

i mean fedor is one of my favs but the ufc is top dog, i would think the the so called pound for pound best fighter in the world today would want to be in
the biggest mma buisness in the world

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 7/30/09 11:47AM server time by ultimateweapon
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   7/30/09 10:47:26AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2