Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor To headline EA sports MMA game- still in Negotiatons with the UFC -and others

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/15669/fedor-emelianenko-to-headline-ea-sports-videogame-currently-negotiating-with-ufc.mma

I am slowly losing hope on Fedor coming to the UFC personally.

Last edited 7/29/09 5:08PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #1   7/29/09 5:00:03PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Agreed Fedor being on the cover pretty much tells me this thing isn't going to happen. Dana has already been widely outspoken on this matter and now that Fedor is not just in the game but the poster boy for the game...I just can't see them picking him up.

Fedor is going to have to do press and such for the game in order to build it up including commercials and interviews and I don't see the UFC being ok with any of that. This is def. a big blow to the hopes of the UFC getting Fedor.

Last edited 7/29/09 5:11PM server time by DevonFoxy

Post #2   7/29/09 5:10:07PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I am slowly losing hope on Fedor coming to the UFC personally.

I blame these damn articles that raise all of our hopes only to have them crushed again and again

If this EA deal is true then it might be the final nail in the coffin of fedor coming to the ufc

Edit: friday can not come soon enough, hopefully DW's announcement will put an end to all the rumors we are hearing for better or worse

Last edited 7/29/09 5:28PM server time by cwb

Post #3   7/29/09 5:25:51PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
He should fight barrnett and retire, personally as fan I take this as a slap in the face, I think Fedor and his managment made it clear we wont see him fight in the UFC. I also think he is dodging the best HW division mma has to offer to protect his legacy.

Post #4   7/29/09 5:28:17PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
If they can afford him, Strikeforce is the best choice. They'd meet most if not all their demands (co-promoting with M-1, letting Fedor do sambo tournaments, etc.).

Post #5   7/29/09 5:44:53PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:
Im personally getting sick of Fedor, hes one of my favorites and i know hes the best but he's never really shown that he gives a piss about his fans.the contracts that Dana offer cant be that bad! Not signing with the UFC when the timing is perfectly right is pathetic.

if he doesnt sigh with the UFC all i have to say is screw you to Fedor.

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #6   7/29/09 5:55:44PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
rofl. These guys just seem to want to do everything that the UFC expressly forbids.

It's almost like they're making a point of keeping him out of the UFC. I don't understand what the hell is wrong with his managers.

edit-

I think at this point the only reason they are even bothering to negotiate with the UFC is to drive the bidding prices higher for the other companies that they are actually considering. I don't really believe that they have ever had any intention of trying to come to an agreement with the UFC.

Last edited 7/29/09 6:00PM server time by aether

Post #7   7/29/09 5:58:10PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
To be honest Im kind of glad that he's on the game and most likely not going to the UFC. I hope that he fights in Strikeforce and helps to make them a serious threat to the UFC. Right now its a monopoly and only Fedor has the star power to level the playing field. I would love to see Fedor vs Brock but I personally dont feel that he's put in his time yet. Id rather see him fight Randy after he took a stand against the UFC. Just a thought.

Post #8   7/29/09 6:14:06PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,446-842
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Well hopefully this don't create a big of a rift as were thinking it will.
I mean Couture is going to be in the game as well.
First Dana said no UFC fighters in the EA game,now Randy is the only exception.

Maybe this won't be as big as a deterrent as were thinking.

Post #9   7/29/09 6:18:24PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by Nightmare27

To be honest Im kind of glad that he's on the game and most likely not going to the UFC. I hope that he fights in Strikeforce and helps to make them a serious threat to the UFC. Right now its a monopoly and only Fedor has the star power to level the playing field. I would love to see Fedor vs Brock but I personally dont feel that he's put in his time yet. Id rather see him fight Randy after he took a stand against the UFC. Just a thought.

I think it would take more than one guy to bring a promotion to the ufc's level.

Post #10   7/29/09 6:22:53PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
How does this mean anything? If the UFC stands by that then they are gigantic babies. Pride had games, why didn't they ban anyone who was in the game? They can't ban everything that's not UFC.

Post #11   7/29/09 6:38:34PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i was happy today now i am sad
man it is getting to the point where i am just not gonna give a damm anymore
props for ea game i'll buy both games next year ea sports and ufc

Post #12   7/29/09 7:15:48PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,108-1,247
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
I hope Overeem, Aleks, Rogers, Monson, Choi and a few other notable HWs are also in it.

Post #13   7/29/09 7:27:59PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
I agree. You people that are blaming Fedor are crazy. Do you know how ridiculous it is for the UFC to ban someone from appearing in video game? Can you imagine the NFL not allowing Bret Favre to sign with a team just because he decided to be on the cover of Madden? Get real people.

Post #14   7/29/09 8:04:06PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by BigIP

I agree. You people that are blaming Fedor are crazy. Do you know how ridiculous it is for the UFC to ban someone from appearing in video game? Can you imagine the NFL not allowing Bret Favre to sign with a team just because he decided to be on the cover of Madden? Get real people.

Do you know how ridiculous it is for M-1to demand co-promotion for every event fedor fights at? Do you know how ridiculous it is to expect a stadium be built in russia? Do you know how ridiculous it is to demand the first non-exclusive contract from the UFC? Get Real...

honestly both sides are at fault

If what dana white said about ea is true (Ea said MMA is not a real sport a little over a year ago or so) then good for him in taking a stand against an ignorant company. (although i wont hold it against any fighter who does end up in the game... Money Talks)

Post #15   7/29/09 9:00:09PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2