Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Emelianenko, UFC finalizing deal

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:
Take it for what it is worth

A long-awaited agreement between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and the man considered the world's best mixed martial arts fighter, Fedor Emelianenko, is expected to be announced by UFC President Dana White on Friday, a source with information about the negotiations told The Times today.

The source, who asked not to be identified because he's not authorized to speak publicly about the dealings, called negotiations between the UFC and Fedor "very civil" just days after Fedor's scheduled Affliction Trilogy fight Saturday against Josh Barnett was canceled.

Post #1   7/28/09 8:53:38PM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:
**** YEAH!!!!!!

This time it's gotta be fore real!!!

So how quickly do you guys think Fedor will get a fight? Will he be added to UFC 102 or 103 maybe????

Post #2   7/28/09 9:27:25PM   

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:

Posted by MisterFreeze

**** YEAH!!!!!!

So how quickly do you guys think Fedor will get a fight? Will he be added to UFC 102 or 103 maybe????

No for two reasons. First, tickets are already on sale for 102 and 103. And second, Lesnar just fought at 100. If the UFC signs Fedor, expect to see him at 105.

Post #3   7/28/09 9:33:31PM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:

Posted by MisterFreeze

**** YEAH!!!!!!

I do not think it is really going to go down but they would want to get this fight on ASAP(since Fedor is in fighting shape now) so I would say 102 if possible if not 103 for sure.

Post #4   7/28/09 9:35:42PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I'll believe it when I hear it out of Dana White's mouth. I'm trying not to get my hopes up at all.

Post #5   7/28/09 9:36:02PM   

Loot613

MMA Regular

Loot613 Avatar

Career:1,249-863
Chips:
y'all wanna have some fun think of a warm up match they could give Fedor.... He may need one having never fought in a cage before....

Who could he demolish first?

Post #6   7/28/09 9:44:11PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,641-896
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Loot613

y'all wanna have some fun think of a warm up match they could give Fedor.... He may need one having never fought in a cage before....

Who could he demolish first?

Dana White has said repeatedly that should he sign Emelianenko, his first fight would be against the champion. I am interested to see how he fares in the cage too, but there is little chance that his first fight is against anybody but whoever the champion is at the time. I'm sure Fedor probably would want an immediate title fight as a concession; Dana White, for this, would probably oblige.

I'd expect to see him fight at the January 2nd pay-per-view. Whatever the event is, it will be marketed and sold, rightly, as the biggest fight of all time.

However, I will not believe this until I see Fedor standing inside the cage across from Brock Lesnar, ready to break an arm.

Post #7   7/28/09 9:50:37PM   

1daveufc

Standup Guy

1daveufc Avatar

Career:612-433
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by RNC

Posted by MisterFreeze

**** YEAH!!!!!!

No for two reasons. First, tickets are already on sale for 102 and 103. And second, Lesnar just fought at 100. If the UFC signs Fedor, expect to see him at 105.

ufc 105 hell ya a hope so a was al ready going to manchester for it it just gets better

Post #8   7/28/09 10:07:24PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:

Posted by 1daveufc

Posted by RNC

Posted by MisterFreeze

**** YEAH!!!!!!

ufc 105 hell ya a hope so a was al ready going to manchester for it it just gets better

hahahaha. Fedors first fight in the UFC isnt even gonna be in the U.S?

i say 107 in december with Rampage and Rashad as co-main event. the last event is almost always the best event of the year.

on second thought 108 because theres no rumored main events, and 107 is in Memphis so they will probably want Quinton the face of the Event.

Last edited 7/28/09 10:17PM server time by joshryanshepherd
Edit note/reason: n/a

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #9   7/28/09 10:17:20PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
IF this is true (notice I made it a Big IF) I bet he fights at UFC 104 in LA Shogun Machida is the main event. not going to be that big of a draw. the undercard is good but the names are not the huge either just add Brock and mix in some Fedor and you have a huge PPV.

Post #10   7/28/09 10:29:47PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

IF this is true (notice I made it a Big IF) I bet he fights at UFC 104 in LA Shogun Machida is the main event. not going to be that big of a draw. the undercard is good but the names are not the huge either just add Brock and mix in some Fedor and you have a huge PPV.

I think Shogun V Machida is an awesome main event, and i think the 205 title fights are always a huge draw. but i know what your trying to say, i think you will be surprised at the amount of people who want to see the two Brazilians fight.

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

Post #11   7/28/09 10:34:07PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

I think Shogun V Machida is an awesome main event, and i think the 205 title fights are always a huge draw. but i know what your trying to say, i think you will be surprised at the amount of people who want to see the two Brazilians fight.

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

Post #12   7/28/09 10:35:10PM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:

Posted by postman

This actually makes alot of sense! I hope you are right.

Also I understand people being hesitent to believe this. In a way I am too, but at the same time I feel really good about it this time. Something seems different this time around. Just listen to the way Dana White has been talking about Fedor lately. Dana WANTS Fedor in the UFC and I bet he's willing to offer him a very generous contract.

Post #13   7/28/09 10:35:10PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by RNC

Posted by MisterFreeze

**** YEAH!!!!!!

I think 103 is the most likely ( if Fedor really signs) , and here are my reasons why. UFC 103 is September 19th,and thats over 2 months since Lesnar last fought. Lesnar took virtually no damage against Mir. Fedor is ready to fight now , as he had a fight scheduled 3 days from now, and White has said his first UFC fight would be for the title. UFC 103 still needs a big main event, and it doesn't matter if tickets went on sale. It will sell out either way. All they need is enough time to promote the PPV, and 3 weeks is enough time for that. So it seems possible to me.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #14   7/28/09 10:40:19PM   

BDON911

MMA Regular

BDON911 Avatar

Career:495-323
Chips:
nope

Post #15   7/28/09 10:44:24PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2