Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Josh Barnett to Wrestle in Japan

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Josh Barnett's MMA career may be on brief hold, but his pro wrestling one isn't. "The Baby-Faced Assassin," very much in the news these days after it was announced last week that he tested positive for an anabolic steroid, which led to Affliction Entertainment canceling its upcoming event, will wrestle on Aug. 9 for Inoki Genome Federation in Japan. Barnett's manager, Shannon Hooper, confirmed the news with FanHouse on Tuesday

STORY

Post #1   7/28/09 11:23:16AM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
He is too much of a household name over in Japan for this to affect his international value... Here, stateside, that is a different story...

Post #2   7/28/09 12:07:56PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,796-965
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
LOL straight up trade, give MMA Brock Lesnar, and give Wrestling Barnett.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #3   7/28/09 12:29:57PM   

Aleks_Smash

MMA Regular

Aleks_Smash Avatar

Career:694-497
Chips:
Josh is and always will be a MMA hall of Famer. That said, i dont think he did anything wrong, who wouldnt use steroids when they are fighting Fedor? lol, im glad he is moving on with his life. F- NSAC.

Post #4   7/28/09 12:50:30PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
Barnett is, and always has been one of my favorite fighters to watch... But now we know why he stayed in Japan mostly... A track record like this doesnt lie.

Post #5   7/28/09 12:55:36PM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:

Posted by Aleks_Smash

Josh is and always will be a MMA hall of Famer. That said, i dont think he did anything wrong, who wouldnt use steroids when they are fighting Fedor? lol, im glad he is moving on with his life. F- NSAC.

1-Steroids is cheating,cheating is wrong.Using them gives an unfair advantage to the user
2- Barnett claims he and Fedor are friends.Cheating a friend is even more wrong IMHO

As a guy who got caught 3 times his image will be tarnished forever.

Post #6   7/28/09 3:09:49PM   

Lethal

MMA Regular

Lethal Avatar

Career:165-104
Camp: Team Mafia
Chips:
I hate people making excuses for the guy. I'm from Seattle and live close to where Barnett wrestled in high school. If anyone wanted to see him do well, it was definitely me.

BUT...that does not change the fact that he's a cheater. Not just a cheater, but a cheater MORE THAN ONCE. And these are only the times where he's been CAUGHT. For all we know he was roided his whole career in Japan.

Anyways, enough with the double standard stuff. Nearly everybody jumped on Sherk for his use and some people still talk about it. Josh uses it and people are making him out to be a victim.

Post #7   7/28/09 3:59:44PM   

KingCreep

MMA Regular

KingCreep Avatar

Career:418-327
Chips:

Posted by StorminYourman

Posted by Aleks_Smash

1-Steroids is cheating,cheating is wrong.Using them gives an unfair advantage to the user
2- Barnett claims he and Fedor are friends.Cheating a friend is even more wrong IMHO

As a guy who got caught 3 times his image will be tarnished forever.

i agree, the has no place in any MMA hall of fame, i've never liked the guy, he's boring and a cheater, end of story.

roids or no roids, you had no chance against fedor. good luck in japan, we don't need you here.

Last edited 7/28/09 8:14PM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   7/28/09 7:00:57PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
he could be the ken shamrock of japan wrestling if i were josh i would stay in japan for awhile

Post #9   7/28/09 7:11:50PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,442-795
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It hasn't gotten real bad yet but lets keep the naming calling down. You can make your point in other ways. Now with that said!

I don't think Josh should be in the hall of fame at all and at this point I'm thinking of removing him from my top 10 HW rankings. Once maybe even twice but 3 times its clear he isn't going to stop and doesn't care about cheating. As much as some may sugarcoat it, taking roid's is cheating. So now a lot of people are left to think he has been doing this his hole career. So how can we put a cheater in the HOF. Now some will make excuses for him and say stuff like maybe it was in his supplements. Well if it was he should have learned the first time and knew which ones are safe and which ones are not. This info can be easily found out and some fighters even have theirs tested before hand to make sure they are safe.

Whats sad is that Josh has chose to go down this road. Now instead of being remembered as one of the great HWs he will be remembered as the guy that cheated to win the UFC HW title and ruined what could have been a great fight. All because he chose to cheat....

The other thing is him going over to Japan wrestling just hurts it image even more.

Last edited 7/28/09 8:22PM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   7/28/09 8:12:05PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
on top of whats been said, hes been silent aside from a myspace post and the longer he keeps mum the worse he looks. apologize to the fans, affliction, fedor, and the rest of the fighters ASAP josh because you owe all of them at least that much. the guy is supposed to be a real man and a tough guy, its time to prove that by swallowing his pride and taking his licks like a real man would.

Post #11   7/28/09 8:25:58PM