Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Mark Cuban: Affliction Did Right Thing

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The demise of Affliction Entertainment will not simply go away after one press release. The fact of the matter is that they had a lot of partners involved. One of those partners was Mark Cuban's HDNet television network, which was scheduled to air the undercard of the now-canceled "Affliction: Trilogy."

STORY

Post #1   7/28/09 10:09:38AM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,460-1,143
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
I am more curious as to what Trump thinks in all of this.

Post #2   7/28/09 11:20:52AM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
I didn't realize Cuban was a Zuffa Bond holder. Smart on his part, but unexpected considering that he came out initially with the intent to Compete and eventually overtake the UFC. Oh well, He probably realized what he was up against and figured if you can't beat 'em, join'em.

Post #3   7/28/09 1:11:17PM   

DaMaGeInC

MMA Regular

DaMaGeInC Avatar

Career:1,199-791
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
i don't see how canceling was a good idea they shouyld found a replacement on short notice and went on with the show i still would have gotten it, they just lost alot of money. thats the difference UFC no matter who failed a drug test the fight card would still go on. I've enjoyed the Affliction fight cards but i kinda hope to never see them again now, canceling the whole show is ridiculous due to one of there headliner fighters tested positive for roids, unless they were canceling this before this even happend but are using it as a scape goat now

Post #4   7/28/09 1:30:39PM   

Loot613

MMA Regular

Loot613 Avatar

Career:1,249-863
Chips:
They would not have MADE money on the show. They lost tons from their 1st and 2nd shows and the 3rd would have been no different. I have no proof of any of this but I think it's common knowledge that they were spending more than they were making, to quit before they lost any more was probably a good idea.

Post #5   7/28/09 3:41:11PM