Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar Still Loved in Minnesota

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Mike Swick said Brock Lesnar was "probably the most hated man in MMA history." Jesse Ventura said he was "ashamed of his behavior" on "Larry King Live." And Mike Brown wondered if Lesnar's post-UFC 100 antics would attract "hillbilly fans" to MMA.

STORY

Post #1   7/27/09 3:53:29PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Mike Swick said Brock Lesnar was "probably the most hated man in MMA history."

Only to be outdone by Barnett a few weeks later!

I keed, I'll still watch him fight in Japan.

Post #2   7/27/09 4:04:18PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Mike Swick said Brock Lesnar was "probably the most hated man in MMA history." Jesse Ventura said he was "ashamed of his behavior" on "Larry King Live." And Mike Brown wondered if Lesnar's post-UFC 100 antics would attract "hillbilly fans" to MMA.

STORY

I cannot believe all those people said those things, sure it was not classy but that does not warrant such hatred, any idiot knew he was auto piloting from his WWE days, he was encouraged to be like that.

I think this backlash will change his behavior but if that is needed I am unsure. Most of the stuff Tito did, all of his shirts and gravedigging seems to be in step with Brock's antics. We already have almost all gentlemen and respectful fighters to show the martial arts respective demeanor, it is ok to have a few loudmouths, look at every other sport, I am pretty sure what he did is not as bad as dogfighting, illegal weapons possession, heck MMA fighters get in less fights in public than other athletes.

Get over yourself and off of his back

Post #3   7/27/09 4:33:52PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
I think the hillbilly fans are already watching the UFC. Does Mike Brown want fewer paying fans and smaller paychecks?

Post #4   7/27/09 5:00:23PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,361-1,266
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think I can speak for most of the Minnesotans. Our state is craving some sort of title and national recognition. The Vikes, Twins, Wolves and Wild can't deliver, so Brock is the next best thing. If Brock were living in Wisconsin, he would still be catching grief from Minnesotans about his antics. Its funny how people claim him as one of our own when he wasn't even born here.

Same thing goes for Joe Mauer. His nickname in the media is baby jesus, because he can do no wrong. It gets a bit sickening sometimes listening to the lovefest.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #5   7/27/09 7:05:53PM