Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

M-1 Global maintains stance on UFC co-promotion

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Fedor Emelianenko will be available to fight for the UFC – but only through a co-promotion, M-1 Global maintains.

Following the collapse of Affliction on Friday and as the result, the cancellation of Fedor’s next fight, M-1 Global on its website Sunday singled out the UFC to potentially foster a renewal of negotiations.

STORY

Post #1   7/27/09 2:12:24PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:
I hate you M1-Global, i seriously do

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #2   7/27/09 2:33:36PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Chips:
If the UFC is willing to bend, then so should Fedor's management...if they aren't willing to give up the co-promotion, I honestly don't see the deal ever happening. This deal should be about what's best for the UFC and Fedor...unfortunately, it's turning into what's best for M-1.

Post #3   7/27/09 2:49:24PM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Damn Russian *****.

For the record, the word that was censored was m a f i a. I can't believe that's banned.

Last edited 7/27/09 2:52PM server time by finnish_line
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   7/27/09 2:52:05PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Post #5   7/27/09 3:11:12PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Chips:
Do they think they're negotiating with BoDog or something ?

Post #6   7/27/09 3:17:00PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:
It is not as bad as building them a stadium in Moscow, but it is just as improbable.

I have maintained from the beginning that people should be pissed at Fedor's manager Finkle-retard instead of Dana for this not happening.

Post #7   7/27/09 3:30:03PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Fedor has got to realize that being with M1 is now tarnishing his legacy.
I honestly believe he could take the belt from Brock and cement his place as the greatest MMA fighter of all time with out any shadow of a argument from anyone if he signed with the UFC.
Without doing so he's only technically beaten past champs who have been dethrone by who ever has belt in the future. Dana and many others have already stated that and the argument will always be around when people mention him in years to come when all the belts he held will be forgotten.

Fedor at this point has everything to lose and nothing to gain staying in his contract with M1. Especially when the Fertitta's and Dana have openly said they are willing to compromise on the sambo tournaments. After all the back and forth between M1 and the UFC its becoming more and more apparent that M1 are the ones incapable of negotiations and flexibility while while arguably MMA's greatest ever fighter rots fighting in many peoples words has beens and freaks!

I hope Fedor realizes this and cuts his ties with them. 10 years from now I honestly see the UFC being on par with the NFL and NBA, but thats the UFC as a company not MMA as a sport.
In years to come Fedor might be forgotten because of the simple fact that he never actually fought a current UFC champion.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #8   7/27/09 3:33:20PM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

If the UFC is willing to bend, then so should Fedor's management...if they aren't willing to give up the co-promotion, I honestly don't see the deal ever happening. This deal should be about what's best for the UFC and Fedor...unfortunately, it's turning into what's best for M-1.

I have to disagree.. while disappointed.. Why is it about whats best for the UFC.. its about whats best for FEdor.. Period

Post #9   7/27/09 4:29:45PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:

Posted by The-Don

Posted by grappler0000

I have to disagree.. while disappointed.. Why is it about whats best for the UFC.. its about whats best for FEdor.. Period

not fighting for as much money in Dream or Strikeforce or not fighting at all is worse for Fedor and that is what he might get if he stays on the M-1 train

Post #10   7/27/09 4:36:44PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
OK well enjoy your continued partnerships with bankrupt companies while trying to use your fighter to establish your failure of a company.

Dear Vadim: You are a terrible businessman. Please stop. Find a new job.

Post #11   7/27/09 4:42:05PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by The-Don

Posted by grappler0000

Fedor and the UFC are supposed to be the two parties involved and both should benefit, M-1 is nothing more than a third wheel(putting it nicely) and dont deserve anything from this.

Post #12   7/27/09 4:43:59PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
This is like the equivalent of a Football player's manager saying to a franchise "yeah look, you can sign our player, but only if you invest in this team that I'm building for myself." It's insane.

Post #13   7/27/09 4:55:28PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by The-Don

Fedor has very little options outside the UFC though. He could fight for Strikeforce and beat everyone, but it does little or nothing to his legacy and I doubt they could afford to have him fight without crippling themselves financially.

He could go and fight for Dream but their heavyweight devision is so weak it'd offer less competition than Strikeforce.

Their is hardly anyone left for him to fight outside the UFC, their isn't even anyone worth mentioning other than Barnett because he's either beat them or they have no business in the ring with him.

UFC have basically secured all the up and coming HW's with the new TUF and without the prospect of up and comers to fight it leaves basically no one.
Even the Barnett fight has lost its shine in all the controversy over his test results.

M1 needs to face facts if they truly want what's best for Fedor they'd forget the co-promotion and allow Fedor to face the best the world has to offer and cement his legacy.
Financially and opponent wise the UFC is the smart choice and everyone should just accept this.

What this boils down to is the fact that M1 and particularly the management surrounding Fedor want to make as much as they can off him before his time at the top ends.

If their was a sticking point about his fight purse,level of competition, training restrictions, sambo competition, PPV royalties or even his likeness for the games I'd have a more sympathetic out look for Fedor and M1.
But this boils down to the fact that his management are greedy. If Fedor can't see that then I'm honestly shocked and if he can and wont do anything about it then I'm disappointed for him and all the fans that want to see him fighting the best the world has to offer.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #14   7/27/09 4:58:07PM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by The-Don

Fedor has very little options outside the UFC though. He could fight for Strikeforce and beat everyone, but it does little or nothing to his legacy and I doubt they could afford to have him fight without crippling themselves financially.

He could go and fight for Dream but their heavyweight devision is so weak it'd offer less competition than Strikeforce.

Their is hardly anyone left for him to fight outside the UFC, their isn't even anyone worth mentioning other than Barnett because he's either beat them or they have no business in the ring with him.

UFC have basically secured all the up and coming HW's with the new TUF and without the prospect of up and comers to fight it leaves basically no one.
Even the Barnett fight has lost its shine in all the controversy over his test results.

M1 needs to face facts if they truly want what's best for Fedor they'd forget the co-promotion and allow Fedor to face the best the world has to offer and cement his legacy.
Financially and opponent wise the UFC is the smart choice and everyone should just accept this.

What this boils down to is the fact that M1 and particularly the management surrounding Fedor want to make as much as they can off him before his time at the top ends.

If their was a sticking point about his fight purse,level of competition, training restrictions, sambo competition, PPV royalties or even his likeness for the games I'd have a more sympathetic out look for Fedor and M1.
But this boils down to the fact that his management are greedy. If Fedor can't see that then I'm honestly shocked and if he can and wont do anything about it then I'm disappointed for him and all the fans that want to see him fighting the best the world has to offer.

True.. but I never said the UFC is not the best place for Fedor.. I agree the top competition is there.. But for Fedor it is about what is best for him.. not whats best for the UFC or M-1.. I will almost always side with the individual fighter.. Now true if Fedor really does want the best competition he will do what he can to get into the UFC.. But the UFC will have to make some concessions as well..

I am sure Fedor can retire and never have to worry again about money.. take it or leave it it would be hard to argue he did not go out on top.. no matter the champion there will always be some what if's out there..

Fedor does need to find a way to break from M-1 they are dragging him down.. But The UFC needs to give to Fedor some as well.. they need to find some middle ground.

Post #15   7/27/09 5:16:06PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2