Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Team Penn or Team Pulver

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jaba

MMA Regular

jaba Avatar

Career:18-18
Camp: Team Big Guns
Chips:
Not only is Penn just a way cooler guy then pulver, but he also could teach you a helluva lot more then pulver.

Post #16   4/6/07 5:34:00AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
I dont actually like either Penn or Pulver as people, or fighters, but I think its similar to how it was in TUF3

Tito = Awesome coach, a lot to teach his guys
Shamrock = Not an awesome coach

So I think it will be

Penn = Loads to learn from him, his guys will do well
Pulver = Nowhere near as much knowledge as Penn, his team will struggle, unless the team members were considerably stronger than Penn's when they start the show.

Post #17   4/6/07 9:29:51AM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
Yeah id diffinitly want to be on penns team, like somebody said last night if you want to be one dimensional pulvers team is a perfect fit for you

Penn all the way!!1=

Post #18   4/6/07 10:12:56AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Did you watch his last two fights or did you miss them?

BJ does have alot of talent, but the respect he get is ridiculous.

Training is part of being a talented fighter. He shouldn't be so high on the P4P greatest imo. Ttill he gets back to the old BJ, and stop gassing out in his fights.

I'm not saying Pulver is better, but I think it's sad so many people love BJ when he lets you guys down by gassing out, and not training like he should. BJ gets less of my respect due to this fact he has so many great ability's, but he screws it up not training as hard as he should.

Yeah he could of, would of, almost... but he didn't.

Personally I don't like being let down, and If i am I don't make excuses I tell it like it is. I don't hop of the bandwagon cause it seems to be what everyone else is doing.

Posted by FortySixBelow

I don't see why people think BJ's conditioning is so bad...

But anyhow...

Point here is...

Penn all the way...

Last edited 4/6/07 12:56PM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #19   4/6/07 12:51:47PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Penn is a more versatile coach, but Pulver has better fighters.

Post #20   4/6/07 2:09:32PM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Career:68-36
Chips:
Id rather be trained by Penn. But if i was asked to put up my hand and basically punk out Jens Pulver, id keep it down and do the manly thing! I dont agree with what he did, but i suppose it made good t.v

Post #21   4/6/07 4:54:45PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Penn has a wider skill set, so he has more to offer. The problem is, I don't think he will offer them to you. I believe Pulver genuinely cares about his fighters and wants to see them succeed, while Penn does not (as much).

I am basing this on Penn's and Pulver's comments during the interview at UFN9.

Last edited 4/6/07 5:17PM server time by MMA
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   4/6/07 5:16:37PM   

Conebone69

Learning to Sprawl

Conebone69 Avatar

Career:834-472
Chips:
I would want to be on Pulver's team.

Post #23   4/6/07 5:18:37PM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
Penn didnt just do it out of the blue. He basically thought Pulver tired the guys out on purpose so he coudnt get a good look and Penn was pissed. Pulver has been talking all shit and Penn put it back in his face. Pulver got what he deserved if you ask me. Just Penns way of talking shit. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander

Post #24   4/6/07 6:13:55PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

I dont actually like either Penn or Pulver as people, or fighters, but I think its similar to how it was in TUF3

Tito = Awesome coach, a lot to teach his guys
Shamrock = Not an awesome coach

So I think it will be

Penn = Loads to learn from him, his guys will do well
Pulver = Nowhere near as much knowledge as Penn, his team will struggle, unless the team members were considerably stronger than Penn's when they start the show.

Post #25   4/6/07 6:25:56PM   

Zvonimir

MMA Regular

Zvonimir Avatar

Career:279-164
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Since Jens didn't bring Miletich as an assistant (not that he isn't busy enough) , Team Penn without a doubt.

Post #26   4/6/07 6:55:48PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,975-1,117
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Team Penn

Grey Maynard
Matt Wiman
Gabe Rudiger
Joe Lauzon
Rob Emerson
Andy Wang
Noah Thomas
Alan Berube- already lost

Team Pulver
Corey Hill
Nate Diaz
Brandon Melendez
Marlon Sims
Manny Gamburyan
Cole Miller- already won
Brian Geraghty
Wayne Weems

I think Jens definitely has the more talented team. Hill's physical advantages are obvious, If he has sub-defense he should win. He was an all state wrestler and his reach is sick. Nate Diaz was my pick before the show. I've seen him fight, and he is like a shorter Nick. Cole Miller has been good at 145, but I think he needs to put on some muscle to be the winner at this weight. As for Penn's team, Maynard is a dominant wrestler. Wiman looked Good against Fisher till he got rocked. Lauzon did Ko pulver, we'll see what else he's got. These are the top 6 to me, and there evenly split between teams, but I think Pulver's top 2 are the most likely to win. However, every year there seems to be a surpise finalist. Tuf 1 -Florian. Tuf 2 _Imes, Rashad. and Cummo all surprised me. Tuf 3 Grove and Haynes Tuf 4 was different because we all knew more about the fighter's.If Rudiger were in better shape I would include him, but he seems he emotional, on top of the chubbiness.I'm sticking with Nate to win though.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #27   4/6/07 7:27:12PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Yeah I feel the same way from the comments.

Posted by MMA

Penn has a wider skill set, so he has more to offer. The problem is, I don't think he will offer them to you. I believe Pulver genuinely cares about his fighters and wants to see them succeed, while Penn does not (as much).

I am basing this on Penn's and Pulver's comments during the interview at UFN9.

Post #28   4/6/07 8:19:40PM   

FortySixBelow

MMA Regular

Career:17-17
Chips:

Posted by shackle

Did you watch his last two fights or did you miss them?

BJ does have alot of talent, but the respect he get is ridiculous.

Training is part of being a talented fighter. He shouldn't be so high on the P4P greatest imo. Ttill he gets back to the old BJ, and stop gassing out in his fights.

I'm not saying Pulver is better, but I think it's sad so many people love BJ when he lets you guys down by gassing out, and not training like he should. BJ gets less of my respect due to this fact he has so many great ability's, but he screws it up not training as hard as he should.

Yeah he could of, would of, almost... but he didn't.

Personally I don't like being let down, and If i am I don't make excuses I tell it like it is. I don't hop of the bandwagon cause it seems to be what everyone else is doing.

Posted by FortySixBelow

I don't see why people think BJ's conditioning is so bad...

But anyhow...

Point here is...

Penn all the way...

Like i said. I need to watch GSP vs. Penn again to really make a comment but what i remember about that fight is i felt GSP did have take down later on if i remember but really couldnt mount any offence...I thought Penn won that fight..

Now, last time i checked he had hurt himself at the end of RD1...against Hughes..and before that i thought he completely dominated him.

Now, did i rank him as P4P ... NO.(his record doesnt put him there yet) I AGREE WITH YOU HERE.

Does he deserve a hell of a lot of respect for his level of skill and talent....YES

As a coach...Definitely

I just think that since he paid the price for his lack of conditioning i dont think it will happen again. I can excuse one lacksidasical performance but doing it again just makes you look like you don't care.

Post #29   4/6/07 8:49:40PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
Penn

Post #30   7/18/07 4:01:57PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2