Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Report: Heavyweights Cheick Kongo and Frank Mir could meet at UFC 107 in December

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
Mir isn't going to outstrike kongo, or even nutrilize, u might as well say kongo will submit mir. It's all going to be about the takedown. Mir has never showed great takedowns. and if he pulls guard i believe kongo will make a better effort than most to get up, i also believe that if frank pulls guard and kongo decides to stay in his guard he will actually punch him and hit him, not do the little punches lesnar has done. It's going to be similar to the cain n cheick fight except mir doesnt have the same takedown ability a valasquez but if mir gets on top its over

Post #16   7/27/09 3:17:49AM   

fizzle

Standup Guy

fizzle Avatar

Career:181-103
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Im going against the flow on this one and picking Kongo with a 1st round TKO. Mirs striking is vastly overrated since his fight with Nog imo, I think Kongo will pick him apart.

People using the Cain fight to show how easy Frank will get Kongo down need to realise than Cain and Franks wrestling are litterally on totally differant levels. Id say Mirs is more on par with Al Turks than Cains, and Kongo was able to stuff his takedowns easily.

If it does hit the ground though, Mir will dominate big style. Im just not sure it will get there unless Kongo knocks Frank down.

I think past performances are tainting people's perdictions here. Kongo very nearly KO'd Cain, or at the very least had him on queer street a few times with very little effort. Frank's wrestling is no where near Cain's and if he can get the fight to the ground has a very good chance at winning, but if he wants to strike with Kongo he is going to get KO'd

Post #17   7/27/09 5:28:24AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2