Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Emelianenko, M-1 Global Ready To Negotiate With UFC

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
Though negotiations between Fedor Emelianenko and the UFC have apparently not begun yet, it appears both sides are willing to meet with hopes of bringing the top-ranked heavyweight into the Octagon.

Link

Post #1   7/26/09 12:50:17PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,358-751
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The problem is there in the Subject...

"M-1 Global Ready To Negotiate With UFC"
His managers should be doing the Negotiations. Problem is M-1 is his managers and that in it self is a huge conflict of interest. But the fall of Affliction limits the choices for Fedor and M-1. Fedor has no home now and no real choices to pay him near what Affliction was other than the UFC. But here's the other problem, M-1 no longer has a co-promoter so I have a feeling they will be pulling the same stuff they have before with trying to force the UFC to co-promote which will never happen.

Post #2   7/26/09 1:06:40PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Yeah, my hopes are not set to high for this. If he wants to get paid, the UFC is where its at.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   7/26/09 1:36:42PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by telnights

The problem is there in the Subject...

"M-1 Global Ready To Negotiate With UFC"
His managers should be doing the Negotiations. Problem is M-1 is his managers and that in it self is a huge conflict of interest. But the fall of Affliction limits the choices for Fedor and M-1. Fedor has no home now and no real choices to pay him near what Affliction was other than the UFC. But here's the other problem, M-1 no longer has a co-promoter so I have a feeling they will be pulling the same stuff they have before with trying to force the UFC to co-promote which will never happen.

Exactamundo

Post #4   7/26/09 2:24:06PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Chips:
Thought I would point out this little part of the interview and it shows why Fedor wont be in the UFC any time soon and what I mean by conflict of interest.

M-1 Global President and Fedor's Manager Vadim Finkelchtein
We want to talk to the UFC about having Fedor compete against some of their fighters, but only within the framework of co-promotional efforts with M-1 Global.

The UFC will never co-promote with anyone.

Post #5   7/26/09 2:33:53PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,129-1,266
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
UFC is ready to give a little on the Sambo thing, which is a big step...and showing good intentions on the UFC's behalf.

M-1 needs to be willing to give a little to, if they want thier star, to get the best exposure/fights/money that woyld be available to him....I think they have themselves (M-1) as a higher importance then thier client.

Post #6   7/26/09 3:11:17PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
I think M-1 should worry about promoting their own shows and estabishing themselves as a serious promotion, other than M-1 challenge do they even have any shows under their belt? They need to take the handcuffs off of Fedor and help him do whats best for his career not their promotion.

Post #7   7/26/09 3:24:07PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:
M-1 doesnt bring anything to the table but Fedor. Finklestein acts like he has something else to offer. every company he "co-promotes" with quickly tanks.

Post #8   7/26/09 3:25:29PM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:
this is the reason we're never going to see fedor in the UFC

Of course it still doesn’t imply we are ready to accept any conditions they’ll throw at us. We want to talk to the UFC about having Fedor compete against some of their fighters, but only within the framework of co-promotional efforts with M-1 Global.”

UFC will not co promote with M-1, and why should they, Fedor himself should realize that his manager is holding him back and just say bye bye, and sign with the UFC

Post #9   7/26/09 3:49:40PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
if fedor whats to be #1 in the world he needs to come to the ufc, the UFC will get him good fights not just call off shows..

Post #10   7/26/09 3:58:35PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Chips:
The more I think about this the more it gets under my skin. M-1 Global President and Fedor's Manager Vadim Finkelchtein (Mr. Conflict) knows full well the UFC wont co-promote his company. Why should the UFC, all M-1 has to offer is Fedor. No one fighter is worth that no matter how good. The UFC has a HUGE Brand name so why co-promote its competition. Two company's now that have had ties to M-1 have gone under and this should be a sign to M-1 owners maybe this isn't working. But what do they have to worry about they don't have to advertise their company because they just leach off Fedor and other company's to do so. I found it funny when so many people blamed the UFC and Dana for not signing Fedor when its clear the problem wasn't the UFC but Fedor's Managers worrying about themselves and not their fighter. You know I would like to think that this hole issue is just Fedor's Managers but I have a hard time thinking Fedor is that blind.

I guess it comes down to what is M-1 going to do now when UFC says hell no to co-promoting. They going to go to Strike Force who is smart enough to know Fedor isn't worth the asking price to them. Strike Force unlike EliteXC and Affliction isn't stupid and knows they cant put Millions in to one fighter while promoting a competitor. Dream doesn't have the money to pay Fedor or the drawing power to make enough off him. So where is he going to fight that's willing to pay him their asking price and co-promote M-1?

Posted by Mayhem13
UFC is ready to give a little on the Sambo thing, which is a big step...and showing good intentions on the UFC's behalf.

They were ready to let him fight Sambo even back during the first negotiations. Fedor's managers just made seam like that was the main issue. The main issue was them wanting to co-promote M-1. Lorenzo Fertitta talked about this not to long ago in a interview at UFC Expo. He even said he doesn't think the problem is Fedor but Fedor's Managers.

Last edited 7/26/09 4:07PM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   7/26/09 4:04:52PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Fedor vs Jose Canseco in DREAM 13 is more likely than this happening.

God I hate Fedor's management. I get the image of Russian Gary Shaw. Except they have a world class fighter to milk who is incredibly loyal to them.

Last edited 7/26/09 7:09PM server time by aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   7/26/09 7:06:56PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
Fedor has NOTHING to do with M-1 Global.It's not his promotion.It's a promotion his management runs.The management wants to get some free advirtising for their promotion by making Fedor and M-1 a package deal.

Here is what will go down-the UFC will say look,we will give you X amount of $$$ to fight (probably about $3 million a fight,after a win bonus),and we'll let you do sambo as long as it won't interfere with a scheduled fight.Fedor's management will try to play hardball with the "co promotion" bit.The most the UFC is going to give on that subject is they might let Fedor wear an M-1 shirt pre and post fight and have M-1 on his trunks.That would be pushing it to be honest.

If Fedor's team walks away from any sort of reasonable offer,it's going to make it look like they are avoiding fighting in the promotion altoghether,and it will hurt his street cred in the long run.

Look at it this way-everyone knows the UFC makes deals with guys all the time.They even made deals with Randy Couture,Tito Ortiz and BJ Penn,when there was serious bad blood there and they were at each others throats.So if they just can't come to a deal with Fedor and his people,it's pretty obvious which side is causing the problem.

WB.

Post #13   7/26/09 8:06:19PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,384-1,280
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
my money is on dana screwing this up but i would love to see a
usa vs russia tuf couture vs fedor as coaches then fedor can have his red devil teammates in the ufc

Post #14   7/26/09 8:09:37PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
The UFC is smart,they aren't going to get roped in to signing a bunch of Red Devil guys they don't want or anything like that just to get Fedor.What happens if Fedor comes in to the UFC and looses his first fight?Hey,it's happened......he might turn out like Cro Cop for all we know.

WB.

Post #15   7/26/09 8:18:19PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2