Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Gray Maynard has a plan: Kick Roger Huerta’s ass on Sept. 16

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
“I’m trying to learn how I can avoid (getting caught). If I get caught, then I’m an idiot. Because that’s part of the sport: defense. Blocking stuff, movement, which I think a lot of guys don’t do. You see offense everywhere, but if you can just move a little bit, it’s a lot easier. I’m here to win. (I’m not going to say), ‘I think it’s going to be a bloody, an unbelievable throwdown [and] we’re going to get the fight of the night check.’ To be honest, I don’t even want it to be close. I want to kick this dude’s ass. That’s the plan.”

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   7/26/09 12:40:17PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Or "Bully" him.

Post #2   7/26/09 1:01:12PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,646-884
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
WAR BULLY

Send that pretty boy packing.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #3   7/26/09 2:34:11PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Im tired of seeing Maynard LnP on his opponents. If thats how he plans on winning I'd rather see Huerta take this one. I got my tickets in the mail the other day so I just want to see a good ol' fashioned war!! Should be the main event IMO, either this or Lytle vs Condit.

Post #4   7/26/09 4:06:43PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,387-1,222
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Nightmare27

Im tired of seeing Maynard LnP on his opponents. If thats how he plans on winning I'd rather see Huerta take this one. I got my tickets in the mail the other day so I just want to see a good ol' fashioned war!! Should be the main event IMO, either this or Lytle vs Condit.

Did you see his last fight against Miller at 96?

His stand-up improved by leaps and bounds.

Post #5   7/26/09 4:14:24PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:
Gray is soooo UNDERrated and Roger is soooo OVERrated.

On any givin day i think there are only a hand full of guys at 155 that could beat Maynard.

And Gray is gonna beat on roger so freakin bad!!

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #6   7/26/09 6:41:30PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
Maynard is going to make some HUGE splashes in the near future. wait for the UFC to give him another legitimate contender to see what i mean. i say he gets through Huerta with superior wrestling, throwing him around like a rag doll, and then faces someone like Tyson Griffin. Maynard has a ton of potential, and i say he has a chance to become LW champion down the road.

Post #7   7/26/09 8:55:45PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,583-1,357
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Maynard is going to make some HUGE splashes in the near future. wait for the UFC to give him another legitimate contender to see what i mean. i say he gets through Huerta with superior wrestling, throwing him around like a rag doll, and then faces someone like Tyson Griffin. Maynard has a ton of potential, and i say he has a chance to become LW champion down the road.

Would Gray and Tyson face each other? Thought they train together at Xtreme Couture

Post #8   7/26/09 9:11:04PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Would Gray and Tyson face each other? Thought they train together at Xtreme Couture

well with Fertita's alleged statement that teammates will now be forced to fight teammates i can see it happening.

Post #9   7/26/09 9:34:09PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I've never thought Huerta was as good as people once thought he was. The guy has heart, no doubt, but other than that he was built up by the UFC as better than he really was. Clay Guida handled him pretty well until Huerta made that awesome comeback. I can't see a way he'll manage to do that against Gray.

Post #10   7/26/09 9:36:46PM   

Drudinh

MMA Sensei

Drudinh Avatar

Career:1,589-1,050
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I've never thought Huerta was as good as people once thought he was. The guy has heart, no doubt, but other than that he was built up by the UFC as better than he really was. Clay Guida handled him pretty well until Huerta made that awesome comeback. I can't see a way he'll manage to do that against Gray.

I am not saying I know how the fight will go but Grey is not Clay Guida. In now way will this fight take the same pace and it is a match that I am interested in seeing because it has been a year from the last time we have seen Roger fight.

Post #11   7/27/09 1:50:53AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by Drudinh

Posted by Jackelope

I am not saying I know how the fight will go but Grey is not Clay Guida. In now way will this fight take the same pace and it is a match that I am interested in seeing because it has been a year from the last time we have seen Roger fight.

Yeah, we'll see Personally I think Gray will run right through him possibly even by an early TKO, but I've been wrong many-a-time before, so we'll see

Post #12   7/27/09 9:17:17AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:

Posted by Nightmare27

It won't be. Dana is not one to shine the spotlight on someone who's about to leave UFC (Huerta).

Post #13   7/27/09 9:19:11AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i think huerta will have cage rust and the fact he has nothing to lose, he will either try not to get his model looks smashed or go out swinging and leave everything in the cage
i still think his decision to leave the ufc is premature he could fight for another couple years

Post #14   7/27/09 10:11:38AM