Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Now It's Over For The Cubs...

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,416-1,238
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I see your point, but i wouldn't give up on Morrow just yet. If clement was still considered a catcher I think you would be able to swing this easy. If I was Milwaukee ,and seatlle actually offered Morrow and Washburn for Escobar or Gamel, I would jump on it. II think that's a bit steep myself.

There's something about Morrow constantly saying that he wants to be a closer that makes me feel like it might be good to move him. His diabetes might be a bigger factor in that decision in the future, as its easier to keep your blood sugar in check when you're only pitching an inning a night. I'm torn on him right now just because of the value lost if he can't stay a starter.

Last edited 7/27/09 4:29PM server time by kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #31   7/27/09 4:24:53PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,932-1,089
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
You could be right about him,although was a good setup man in the past. Maybe relief is where he belongs. I know I had him last year in a fantasy league, and he didn't do so well once they moved him to the rotation.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #32   7/27/09 8:53:11PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Chips:
Holy crap...Alfonso Soriano actually did something besides strike out.

ATTN: All MLB GM's...particularly the dumb ones (this means you, Omar Minaya)

Feel free to trade for Soriano. He's a beast and will help your team win championships!

Post #33   7/28/09 8:35:19AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,498-1,432
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Feel free to trade for Soriano. He's a beast and will help your team win championships!

yeah if nothing else hes a hustle player that will play gold glove caliber defense

Post #34   7/28/09 8:38:56AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

yeah if nothing else hes a hustle player that will play gold glove caliber defense

Exactly. And he does so with style points by jumping to catch every fly ball.

Post #35   7/28/09 8:41:02AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,498-1,432
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
, that guy takes a ton of heat when hes up here in milwaukee to the point that im a little embarrassed by our fans, but the cubs fans have been doing it to him too so i dont feel as bad anymore.

Post #36   7/28/09 8:42:53AM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
its over for the cubs wow. yea the cards got halladay but the cubs have looked great since the all star break. lee is tearing the ball up soriano has his swing back finally, and aramis is crushing the ball lately, and our pitching looks great. Cubs take the divison yet again.

Post #37   7/30/09 8:13:16PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KYGUY07

its over for the cubs wow. yea the cards got halladay but the cubs have looked great since the all star break. lee is tearing the ball up soriano has his swing back finally, and aramis is crushing the ball lately, and our pitching looks great. Cubs take the divison yet again.

It's not over to it's over, bro. As much as I want them to win, I'm not ready to say they're going to just yet. There's still 1/3 of the season left.

Post #38   7/30/09 9:37:46PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3