Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

As Affliction Crumbles, Dana White Wins Again

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Like it or not, it's time to give it up to Dana White.

His detractors will say that he enjoys the failure of his competitors too much and while it may certainly be true, you have to give the guy credit for what he has managed to accomplish with the UFC.

The current buzz around the MMA world is Josh Barnett's removal from the Main Event at Affliction: Trilogy on August 1 and who his possible replacement might be. Regardless of who fills in to fight Fedor, there is a good chance this will be Affliction's last show.

STORY

Post #1   7/24/09 10:47:00AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Maybe the UFC had something to with Barnett testing positive... Conspiracy theorists get your keyboards ready!!!!

Post #2   7/24/09 11:13:30AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Maybe the UFC had something to with Barnett testing positive... Conspiracy theorists get your keyboards ready!!!!

I've already read that insinuation twice in other posts.

Post #3   7/24/09 11:17:14AM   

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,856-992
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Rush

I've already read that insinuation twice in other posts.

As have I. Honestly though who would blame Dana for being happy with the failure of rival organizations. If I were him I would be ecstatic as well. The failure of other organizations gives him an opportunity to bring all of the world class competition into the UFC. Granted it's as if he would have a monopoly over the sport, but in a sense it would be as though a unified league such as the other major sports. I would rather have all great fighters in one organization so I could see the best fight the best, instead of wanting and wishing for fights that will never occur. Dana has done wonders for the sport.

Post #4   7/24/09 11:30:57AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Here it is folks. It's all the evidence that I need.

Post #5   7/24/09 6:19:04PM   

Brain_Smasher

Banned

Brain_Smasher Avatar

Career:761-379
Chips:
Props. Very nice. LMAO

Post #6   7/25/09 1:20:48PM