Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

AFTER ALL-STAR CAMP, FLORIAN "READY FOR HELL"

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
For the biggest fight in his mixed martial arts career, top UFC lightweight contender Kenny Florian spared no expense in bringing in some of the top fighters in the world to help him prepare for his championship bout against B.J. Penn at UFC 101 in Philadelphia. The Massachusetts native also made a trip north of the border to work with one of the pound-for-pound best in the world.

Knowing what a tough challenge Penn will be in the 155-pound title fight, Florian twice packed his bags, and left home for Canada to work with the last fighter to face the Hawaiian, UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, who is the only fighter to actually defeat Penn twice in his career.

STORY

Post #1   7/24/09 8:25:28AM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Florian is winning this fight. I think his standup is just as dangerous, his chin is just as good, his bjj is good enough to nullify Penns and he isnt a whiner like BJ. I hope Penn gets KTFO.

Post #2   7/24/09 12:12:55PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,762-939
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Penn is one tough guy, but I like the elements of warrior spirit that Kenny is bringing.

WAR KENFLO

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #3   7/24/09 1:32:09PM   

Irish_Pride

MMA Regular

Irish_Pride Avatar

Career:85-54
Camp: Rage In The Cage
Chips:
This is going to be a great fight. I think BJ is also training with a whole bunch of different people getting ready for this fight. I think they winner is going to be who wants it more and I think that person is Kenny Florian.

Post #4   7/24/09 4:20:17PM