Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

TUF 5 Discussion

Print  
  Page 7 of 25   <<   4     5     6     7     8     9     10   >>
Posted By Message

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
Wang is an idiot. He stood there and played that other guy's game. I still can't believe a BJJ 6'3 reach guy decided to stand with a lankey guy with a 7'2 reach. He should have listened to BJ. He was right, it did look like a bully taking his lunch money... I was waiting for Brandon too put one hand on his head and hold him back while he hits the air with an frenzy.

They gave away that it's Gabe vs. Corey, which makes me think he doesn't make weight since they spoiled him picking it. Gabe has had 4 fights (every 3 days) ahead of him, he should have made a dent in that weight by now. I'm not too worried about BJ's team, so far Pulver has put his best against his worst... the tides will change with Wiman, Gray, Joe.

Man, I hope Gabe makes it... I hate to go a week without a fight.

Post #91   4/26/07 11:09:00PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Yeah, Andy was down right stupid. He definitely played into the other guy's game. He is a BJJ black belt yet he never got the fight to the ground to show off his skills. He is wrong when he said that people will call him a warrior - they will call him an idiot for wanting to brawl with a striker.

Oh, and I think Gabe will make weight ... but he will be so tired and crappy that Corey makes quick work out of him. Round 1 KO, you heard it from me.

Post #92   4/26/07 11:11:29PM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:

Posted by Ydoc

Wang is an idiot. He stood there and played that other guy's game. I still can't believe a BJJ 6'3 reach guy decided to stand with a lankey guy with a 7'2 reach. He should have listened to BJ. He was right, it did look like a bully taking his lunch money... I was waiting for Brandon too put one hand on his head and hold him back while he hits the air with an frenzy.

They gave away that it's Gabe vs. Corey, which makes me think he doesn't make weight since they spoiled him picking it. Gabe has had 4 fights (every 3 days) ahead of him, he should have made a dent in that weight by now. I'm not too worried about BJ's team, so far Pulver has put his best against his worst... the tides will change with Wiman, Gray, Joe.

Can't wait to see whiny Gabe get destroyed by Corey "DMX" Hill. This doesn't even seem like TUF anymore, it seems like the Gabe Ruediger Show. Even when he loses he'll still be in the house stirring shit up.

Post #93   4/27/07 12:12:28AM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by Ydoc

Can't wait to see whiny Gabe get destroyed by Corey "DMX" Hill. This doesn't even seem like TUF anymore, it seems like the Gabe Ruediger Show. Even when he loses he'll still be in the house stirring shit up.

Corey is gonna put a colonic (oh, i mean clinic) on gabe

Post #94   4/27/07 12:49:24AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
After interrupting my movie to see that BS fight last night, I have to say that I don't think I'm going to watch the rest of the season.

The first 45min is always just a bunch of drama and little/no focus on training.

The fights, except for Manny's have been either lack lustre or crappy. Last night the two fighters looked like a couple of beginners in the ring. There were hardly any combos being thrown and no take downs at all. I have seen BJJ/MMA white belts fight at the same calibre as those two.

Andy, for a BJJ black belt you should be ashamed of yourself for standing the whole fight. Your crying did not garner any sympathy from me.

Post #95   4/27/07 8:30:59AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Ha...i knew Diaz wasn't gonna wear that crappy belt Team Pulver made..lol

that Andy Wang is an idiot....f*ckin lied to BJ and promised him he would go for a takedown....and what does he do? tries to striker with a striker,and tries to land a RHK that didnt even reach Brandon's chest!lol

I dont care how good Brandon Melendez is....i dont respect anyone who steps on the scale with a thong on......hope he gets KTFO the next fight...things like that disgust me...im kinda like Diaz.....and how Kendall was on season 3...just layed back and chilled.....i am from South Texas after all... Stoner Style!..im pretty sure Diaz,and Kendall toke out..

Post #96   4/27/07 12:26:26PM   

Nacho

MMA Regular

Nacho Avatar

Career:137-83
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Nate Diaz is a great fighter, no question about that. A class act fighter of equal calibre is always going to have more fans though. Acting like a tough guy in a house full of fighters makes no sense to me.

Andy Wang fought without thinking. You are a BJJ black belt and you won't even try to take the fight down? Dana did not look pleased. It was like watching a gunfighter pulling his knife at high noon. I know Dana didn't put him on the show because of that overhand right. Damn that was frustrating to watch.

Post #97   4/27/07 7:20:22PM   

DuncanFan819

MMA Regular

Career:1,201-703
Chips:
I was yelling at my TV out of frustration. BJ is flipping out yelling at Wang to take him down and he refuses. If Wang thinks people will see him as a warrior, he's delusional. They'll see him as a moron who didn't take advantage of his biggest strength.

Post #98   4/28/07 5:10:35AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
first andy refuses to take it to the ground where hes an expert then he cries like a baby in the ring after the fight

i highly doubt anyone will remember him as a warrior

i thought it was funny as hell when bj said he was trying to have his bruce lee moment

Post #99   4/28/07 5:44:26AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by DuncanFan819
f Wang thinks people will see him as a warrior, he's delusional. They'll see him as a moron who didn't take advantage of his biggest strength.

That and the worst crybaby in TUF history.

Loved how BJ walked behind him giggling.

Post #100   4/28/07 6:34:16AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
its much funnier when you rewatch it,and see how they edited the show and make Andy look more like an idiot...

its funny how even Gabe called it before they fought...BJ told gabe..."You've cornered Andy before right?"...and Gabe was like "Yea...he wont listen to a word you will say".....and BJ laughes

even if Andy ties taking him down,i dont see it happening.......what good is BJJ if you dont know how to wrestle...you could tell Melendez was way too strong for him...but he still should of tried and put him on his ass
Andy said before the fight to Melendez..."dont hold back man,cuz when this is all set and done and all the dust clears,theres gonna be some blood,TEARS, everything!"...he didnt lie about that

funny how BJ was mocking the way Andy was crying...

Last edited 4/28/07 8:44AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #101   4/28/07 8:36:00AM   

w145andmma155

Learning to Sprawl

Career:109-61
Chips:
wow i got maynard to win look at the site he has the best history... he even was picked by bj to help him train for a previous fight and jens's team is only winning so far cuz of the fights they are picking he's making sure his best fighters pass first

Post #102   4/28/07 1:40:45PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Chips:
theres always one idiot each season. 1 dude quits cause of a girfriend, 1 dude quits cause he cant lose 5 more # to make weight, 1 dude quits cause he cant handle the cameras & the attention, 1 dude gets kicked out for sneakin out of the house, etc. the only problem is that the idiots havent usually made it to a fight. wang will be the 1st tuf to never fight in the ufc.

Post #103   4/29/07 1:22:16AM   

uhlsc

Learning to Sprawl

uhlsc Avatar

Career:446-314
Camp: Cartersburg Fight Fans
Chips:
I just hope that Gabe gets dropped by a body shot again like he did against Melvin guillard at ufc 63. That stuff was too funny melvin told Joe rogan that gabe must have a soft a$$ stomack to get dropped by a body punch

Post #104   4/29/07 2:19:29AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Not trying to fighter bash, but I just straight hate HATE Nate Diaz.

Post #105   4/29/07 3:38:31AM   

Page 7 of 25   <<   4     5     6     7     8     9     10   >>