Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor-Barnett Bout in Jeopardy

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,572-930
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

This just plain sucks. This is one of my dream matchups. If this is true,Barnett should be ashamed of himself. This was the main reason I would buy the ppv. Nothing else on the card is anywhere near as compelling to me. Babalu/Mousassi and Vitor/Santiago are nice, but not nice enough for me to shell out 45 $. Plus, Vitor fighting Fedor has no suspense for me, and Vitor/Santiago did So now I lose the 2 fights I wanted too see most .I would rather see Fedor/Rothwell. At least Ben's a big heavy and I could convince myself( slim as that is of actually happening) he has the power to land a punchers chance KO. So I guess I will be watching this one at the sportsbar.

Yeah I agree.

I've been waiting for this fight years now.
Hope to god he's able to fight.

Post #16   7/22/09 7:56:38AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

This just plain sucks. This is one of my dream matchups. If this is true,Barnett should be ashamed of himself. This was the main reason I would buy the ppv. Nothing else on the card is anywhere near as compelling to me. Babalu/Mousassi and Vitor/Santiago are nice, but not nice enough for me to shell out 45 $. Plus, Vitor fighting Fedor has no suspense for me, and Vitor/Santiago did So now I lose the 2 fights I wanted too see most .I would rather see Fedor/Rothwell. At least Ben's a big heavy and I could convince myself( slim as that is of actually happening) he has the power to land a punchers chance KO. So I guess I will be watching this one at the sportsbar.

Yeah my first reaction is no I want to see Belfort v Jorge Santiago

Post #17   7/22/09 8:10:48AM   

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,991-1,061
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
This is extremely disappointing news. Fedor vs. Josh was pretty much the fight I was looking forward to most this Summer. I really thought Josh stood a legitimate shot at defeating Fedor. Now to have a suspect middle weight to fight the number one ranked heavy weight is ridiculous. Affliction is now done.

Post #18   7/22/09 9:07:56AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
A couple things

1) I hate the CSAC. Why do these things always happen in California? I'm honestly more suspicious of the CSAC than I am of Barnett.

2) I have been looking forward to this fight more than anything. I've been saying for 3 years now that Barnett is Fedor's greatest challenge. As soon as the fight was announced it was like a dream come true for me.

3) Belfort is a dangerous opponent for anyone. I wouldn't sleep on him, but I like his chances a lot less than I like Barnett's. Belfort will have a distinct size disadvantage. Fedor will toss him like a baby.

4) Make this happen, California. I don't care if roids are in the mix or not. Fedor was destroying roid heads in Pride for years. What's the difference if he does it now in Affliction?

Post #19   7/22/09 9:21:35AM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
ouch, I was just talking last night with a buddy about barnett and whether he was clean all those years in japan or not, guess i found out the answer today.

Post #20   7/22/09 12:59:41PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,572-930
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
It's official.
Barnett is out of the fight.

Front page of sherdog

Post #21   7/22/09 1:04:51PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
This is really bad but not just because the Fedor/Barnett fight is canceled this will probably put the nail in the coffin of Affliction all together. They spent so much money and time hyping this fight adn there still gonna have to pay the fighters their big bucks but will def. sacrifice probably about 50,000 to 100,000 buys for the Main event being changed.

With Affliction probably going out of commission fighters have even less chance of getting the pay days they deserve because now they pick either Strikeforce or UFC in the states and then Japan has more options but jeesh as sucky as this is for the match up I fear its even worse for the sport of MMA as a whole.

Also why should Fedor take the Belfort fight? He has everything to loose and absolutely nothing to gain. If he wins all your going to hear is he hasn't fought anyone of worth in forever blah blah blah and if he loses??? Can you imagine the Dana White rant after that???

Last edited 7/22/09 1:10PM server time by DevonFoxy
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   7/22/09 1:09:20PM   

copcopps

Manly Midget

copcopps Avatar

Career:1,398-962
Chips:
California + Past with Steroids (see why Josh Barnett went to PRIDE) = bad news

Post #23   7/22/09 1:20:58PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Belfort is likely taking the fight. Verbal commitment in place, they're working out financial details. Official announcement should be coming later today. No word on what this means for Santiago.

Post #24   7/22/09 1:25:18PM   

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,991-1,061
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Of all people why Belfot? I have no desire seeing him fight Fedor. I would have much rather Vitor fight Santiago , and see another heavy weight fight Fedor. Someone like Bret Rogers. Either way chalk up another victory for Fedor.

Post #25   7/22/09 1:45:13PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
id rather see a babalu rematch. This will look exactly like overeem vitor 2 , fedor smashing vitor in the guard .

Post #26   7/22/09 2:22:52PM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:
Fedor needs to leave Affliction ASAP, that orginization will only hurt his legacy, he needs to fight in the UFC, Lesnar, Mir, Carwin, Cain, Cro Cop......not another old time middle wieght.

Post #27   7/22/09 3:17:15PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:

Posted by spikerman19

Fedor needs to leave Affliction ASAP, that orginization will only hurt his legacy, he needs to fight in the UFC, Lesnar, Mir, Carwin, Cain, Cro Cop......not another old time middle wieght.

fedors post pride fights were matt lindland and hong man choi

his fights in affliction were tim sylvia (1-1 since losing the title) and arlovski (5-1 since losing the title) and scheduled to fight barnett,

affliction has only been helping his legacy.

Post #28   7/22/09 4:16:46PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,686-1,525
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by mikevolz

Posted by spikerman19

fedors post pride fights were matt lindland and hong man choi

his fights in affliction were tim sylvia (1-1 since losing the title) and arlovski (5-1 since losing the title) and scheduled to fight barnett,

affliction has only been helping his legacy.

could not agree more

Post #29   7/22/09 4:32:15PM   

chitownsfinest15

MMA Regular

chitownsfinest15 Avatar

Career:413-266
Camp: KMX 7249
Chips:
This is why I am not a fan of affliction....this fight was scheduled months ago and always something dumb happens with this organization...i mean they are going to get either vitor or lashley to fight? i am glad i didnt purchase tickets to this fight at all because i would be majorly pissed if barnett vs fedor wasnt going to happen and instead i get to see fedor just beating someone...

Also this is why the UFC is the best organization...overeem is more than likely out of his strikforce title fight...now affliction has more problems...if i was fedor i would be pissed off and just sign wth the ufc and actually fight good opponents...

Post #30   7/22/09 4:48:04PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3