Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Funny Dana interview....

Print  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Link

Post #1   7/20/09 7:39:12PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Haha got to love Dana!!
"YOU THINK IF YOU PUT RAY MERCER IN THE UFC... DO YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?!?! It'd be the first death in MMA!"

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   7/20/09 7:52:20PM   

Irish_Pride

MMA Regular

Irish_Pride Avatar

Career:85-54
Camp: Rage In The Cage
Chips:
Dana says some funny **** in interviews haha. "Tom Atencio Who? He is a loser haha"

Post #3   7/20/09 8:14:19PM   

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:
I couldn't believe the part where the guy starts talking about Ray Mercer and how he's going to expose the HW's boxing skills and cause some trouble in the MMA world because he beat a 311 lb Tim Sylvia.

Post #4   7/20/09 8:19:15PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
Well to be honest, mercer has spent most of his life learning and perfecting punching people in the face. I don't know if there's to many guys in mma today that can out box him. Take him down and kick his ass? Easily most of mma's hw's.

Post #5   7/20/09 9:11:00PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,226-867
Chips:

Well to be honest, mercer has spent most of his life learning and perfecting punching people in the face. I don't know if there's to many guys in mma today that can out box him. Take him down and kick his ass? Easily most of mma's hw's.

yea he has something like 50 years experience?

seriously though Fedor has had one good opponent in the last 4 years. after the way Rogers beat Arlovski now even he is questionable to me. AA is one of my all time favorite fighters but the guy has shown to have a really huge glass jaw and his striking doesnt seem to have the same power it used to.

i rank Fedor as the number 1 heavyweight because he has the best record and some very notable wins in his past(majority over4-5 years ago) compared to any other HW fighter's record theres a solid case for that. but when you look at guys in other divisions they have superior records over the last few years. thats why i don't consider him number 1 p4p.

that said i think Barnett may be a legitimate challenge for Fedor. after that where does he have to go but ufc or retirement?

Post #6   7/21/09 12:36:51AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RearNakedJoke

yea he has something like 50 years experience?

seriously though Fedor has had one good opponent in the last 4 years. after the way Rogers beat Arlovski now even he is questionable to me. AA is one of my all time favorite fighters but the guy has shown to have a really huge glass jaw and his striking doesnt seem to have the same power it used to.

i rank Fedor as the number 1 heavyweight because he has the best record and some very notable wins in his past(majority over4-5 years ago) compared to any other HW fighter's record theres a solid case for that. but when you look at guys in other divisions they have superior records over the last few years. thats why i don't consider him number 1 p4p.

that said i think Barnett may be a legitimate challenge for Fedor. after that where does he have to go but ufc or retirement?

Way to drink the Dana kool-aid. If Fedor smashes Barney with ease, then everyone will say he wasn't any good either and hasn't had a solid win since nog. Whats the point of Fedor even fighting? If he beats anyone it's discredited, he'll never have enough wins unless he fights in the UFC, even if he keeps beating former champs who leave on their own or guys that JUST had a title shot the fight before and were wrecking a legend.

Post #7   7/21/09 12:58:59AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,226-867
Chips:

guys that JUST had a title shot the fight before and were wrecking a legend.

I'm guessing you mean Nog/Sylvia? who hasn't wrecked Nog in the beginning of a fight in the ufc? i dont see where tim did anything exceptional in that fight. The ufc didnt have any other big names to face Nog so the matched him up with a name both hardcore and casual fans would recognize. the same thing affliction did with Fedor/sylvia. not saying they fed them a can, but they fed them a can that looks like a threat on paper.

my point was the only seriously tough opponents Fedor's faced since crocop in 05 were AA and barnett. of those two Barnett is the first time ive seen a large number of people believing Fedor could lose (i'm still on the fence personally).

you are right though, i shouldnt have discredited the win over Arlovski it was a very impressive KO over a guy who up to that point was giving him a run for his money.

the rest is just my opinion and imo Fedor is the #1 heavy weight. i just dont agree with p4p.

Post #8   7/21/09 2:42:01AM